Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    on the redox question, did u have to switch the first two equations cos the 2nd one was more negative than the 1st one

and did u get an overlal E cell value of around +0.84 or something

ReputationRep:
    yes u r correct

ReputationRep:
    what kind of diagram did u make for the last question for boiling benzene stuff

ReputationRep:
    it was reflux

ppl drew distillation but im 90% sure it was reflux

ReputationRep:
    i did reflux with a pipe/tube for Cl2 coming in the boiling mixture by pressure and uv light lamp on boling mixture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxcvbnm)
    what kind of diagram did u make for the last question for boiling benzene stuff
    is that the one with the adding the chlorine and all? If it is... i drew a reflux condenser thing (round flask) ... heated by a water bath coz i said it was dangerous to heat the benzene stuff directly... ok, in other words, i lost marks on that... and almost every other question... every1 keeps saying "they found the paper really hard" but i know they will all come out with A's or B's... am so scared...

ReputationRep:
    i did a heating mantle cos i said it was flammable

i didnt do a tube but just had an entry valve vessel in th flask

i didnt do a uv lamp cos its in the bloody air, u shouldnt have to draw a uv lamp

ReputationRep:
    i used electric mantle
    i think that question was ok but some bits required thought and some were stupid such as phase diagram

ReputationRep:
    i *******ed the attacking species, put a Cl- nucleophile, it was a bloody FR, only 1 mark so im alrite

ReputationRep:
    i put Cl but then realised that there was uv light so it has to be homolytic free radical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxcvbnm)
    i did reflux with a pipe/tube for Cl2 coming in the boiling mixture by pressure and uv light lamp on boling mixture
    i didnt know where to put the uv lamp, so i just put it near the Cl2 entrance place... is that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i was just doing the june 03 ch6 paper, that was really easy for a synoptic, 8 marker on Kc and 7 marker for drawing titration curve
    hope we get similar things on tues

ReputationRep:
    yeah i found it easy as well compared to others

ReputationRep:
    oh btw Kmno4 that 3 marker i put this:

kmno4 is a dark purple clear solution, initially when added it turns from purple to colourless but at the endpoint on drop turns the solution faint pink and this faint pink color remains

i think thats 2 marks, wheres the 3rd?

ReputationRep:
    doesnt it go yellow/orange during addition and then goes pink at end point i am sure i have read it somewhere

ReputationRep:
    hmm ive done numerous Kmno4 titrations and it goes from dark purple to colourless,

is that correct ppl?

ReputationRep:
    for the question with the diagram i drew a reflux condenser but the one you use for grignard reagents is that REALLY bad? or will i still get a few marks... :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me...)
    is that the one with the adding the chlorine and all? If it is... i drew a reflux condenser thing (round flask) ... heated by a water bath coz i said it was dangerous to heat the benzene stuff directly... ok, in other words, i lost marks on that... and almost every other question... every1 keeps saying "they found the paper really hard" but i know they will all come out with A's or B's... am so scared...

The max. temp. of water bath is 100 oC, right? But the boiling point of the bezene is over 100 oC, how can you use the water bath?

ReputationRep:
    my m8 sed summin about using oil to heat the reactants coz u need 2 get it 2 110 degrees. i think it was at the back of the "make the grade" revision guide........................ i messed up that paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    hmm ive done numerous Kmno4 titrations and it goes from dark purple to colourless,

is that correct ppl?
    isnt KMnO4 put in the burette?
    it said the mixture is titrated with KMnO4

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.