Turn on thread page Beta

Lack of motivation? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am really struggling to do my Photography shoots. I have no idea what is wrong with me, I have so many ideas but can't bring myself to do them. I was doing really well at the beginning of the year but all of a sudden its just stopped. I've gotten to the point where I am sat with my camera all ready to do it and I just sit there because I feel hopeless. I've recently moved so I am not doing well with friends..this results in me taking Photographs of myself or asking people who do not want to participate. I wanted to do portraiture as part of the weird and wonderful theme as I love the different ideas I have come across. I am feeling really lost right now and I don't want to ruin what I have already achieved.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by DomiNateTricks)
    Hi everyone, I am really struggling to do my Photography shoots. I have no idea what is wrong with me, I have so many ideas but can't bring myself to do them. I was doing really well at the beginning of the year but all of a sudden its just stopped. I've gotten to the point where I am sat with my camera all ready to do it and I just sit there because I feel hopeless. I've recently moved so I am not doing well with friends..this results in me taking Photographs of myself or asking people who do not want to participate. I wanted to do portraiture as part of the weird and wonderful theme as I love the different ideas I have come across. I am feeling really lost right now and I don't want to ruin what I have already achieved.
    :hugs: I know the feeling. I know it's not easy, but maybe you need to work on making friends having moved and the rest will fall into place, hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :hugs: I know the feeling. I know it's not easy, but maybe you need to work on making friends having moved and the rest will fall into place, hopefully!
    I've got until may before my course finishes!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by DomiNateTricks)
    I've got until may before my course finishes!!
    Ah, crikey. I guess you should keep reminding yourself that the deadline is looking (though still time to do well) and you want to get the best grades possible as well. I'm not sure what they're looking for but maybe you can find things to photograph that don't need other people in them (unless in the distance or unrecognisable or something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Ah, crikey. I guess you should keep reminding yourself that the deadline is looking (though still time to do well) and you want to get the best grades possible as well. I'm not sure what they're looking for but maybe you can find things to photograph that don't need other people in them (unless in the distance or unrecognisable or something)
    Thank you so much Sean, I think it is just me right now lol I'm so negative! i really appreciate you taking the time to answer me :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    Hi,

I can't relate with the moving and friends bit but whenever I get photographer's block, I just go out and shoot randomly. For a day or two, I completely change my environment and it's worked well for me as it's allowed me to try different styles and broadened my experiences somewhat.

I just take those days to just relax until I get back into my normal rhythm.

Shoot something other than portraiture for a couple of days.
    Thank you so much I will try this, You have no idea how much I needed someone else to talk to! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I also struggle massively with motivation and I get really quite bad writers block. It sucks :/

I don't really have any advice because I'm struggling with it myself but have some hugs. :hugs:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.