Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Gotcha! I will play one day *prays*

You have a Vita too? What don't you have? :lol:

Oooh I like the optimism but come back at me when you've sunk a good 15-20 hours into and we shall see, haha. I can't remember too much of the soundtrack tbh, other than the girly concerts they do in the game. Wha- which is the one that's brilliant?! I wanna play! VR tho, for srs? How cool would that be?!

Well it probably doesn't help being awake at almost 4AM, das for sure. I've literally never heard of Glyndwr, are you from Wales yourself or moved there for uni?
    Pretty much only an Xbox One! :P

I wsh I could sink for that long!! Pretty much rarely happens!! Lost Songs, probably my third or second favourite game. Eh, it's a cool concept and everything, but it's going to be one of those that either turns out really really good, or really depressing!

Moved here not so long ago. Where did you study?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    XIV? Yeah, I'm on Cerberus.

Pro Tip: Make friends on it if you plan on doing Level 50/60 content. The belittling that people dish out on it is unbearable! :rofl:

EDIT: By friends, I mean people you play with on a regular basis. Be it clearing content or learning content.
    You still play? I assumed you quit so never went back.

ReputationRep:
    Same, no good games for it anymore either. Really need to upgrade to PS4 but the next gen will probs be out by then.

Ooh you can switch mid-game? Miqo'te are adorable! Lalafell are cute but 2smol.

Are you getting XV?
    They won't be getting a new gen out for a good while yet. I bought my ps4 on a buy now pay later thing. Interest free for 12 months. So I just pay off a bit at a time each month so it;s not too harsh on the bank. Student life afterall.

I still have no idea what I'm doing in the game! I just keep following all the quests.. but then I'm outleveling D: Considering I used to be a pc wow player, I suddenly feel like such a noob lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    You still play? I assumed you quit so never went back.
    Aye I spend most of the weekend on it tbh! You should get it back.. Need friends to play with :sad:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Aye I spend most of the weekend on it tbh! You should get it back.. Need friends to play with :sad:
    Sure . I'll use it as an inventive to get my revision done on Sunday

Have you linked your account?

This is me: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5990067/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Sure . I'll use it as an inventive to get my revision done on Sunday

Have you linked your account?

This is me: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5990067/
    Great!!

Aye, http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11357881/

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much only an Xbox One! :P

I wsh I could sink for that long!! Pretty much rarely happens!! Lost Songs, probably my third or second favourite game. Eh, it's a cool concept and everything, but it's going to be one of those that either turns out really really good, or really depressing!

Moved here not so long ago. Where did you study?
    Well daayyyum, lookatchu! I really don't think you're missing out on much there, lol.

Oh are you kidding me, PS only? I really, really need a PS4. What are your other two favourite games then? Yeah, agreed there. It all depends on how well they pull it off. Could just be a gimmick type thing.

Oh really? Are you in first year? I'm starting university in September at York. Second time around, the first time I went Uni of West London but I didn't like it.
    What do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiex)
    They won't be getting a new gen out for a good while yet. I bought my ps4 on a buy now pay later thing. Interest free for 12 months. So I just pay off a bit at a time each month so it;s not too harsh on the bank. Student life afterall.

I still have no idea what I'm doing in the game! I just keep following all the quests.. but then I'm outleveling D: Considering I used to be a pc wow player, I suddenly feel like such a noob lol.
    What buy now pay later service did you use? I've looked at some of those but I can be a bit of a commitment phobe when it comes to those kinds of things.

What race/class are you? I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time! I tried WoW many years back and haated it. Have you ever played The Secret World?

ReputationRep:
    Well daayyyum, lookatchu! I really don't think you're missing out on much there, lol.

Oh are you kidding me, PS only? I really, really need a PS4. What are your other two favourite games then? Yeah, agreed there. It all depends on how well they pull it off. Could just be a gimmick type thing.

Oh really? Are you in first year? I'm starting university in September at York. Second time around, the first time I went Uni of West London but I didn't like it.
    What do you study?
    No I'm not. Don't plan on getting it either. EVER!

It's PlayStation exclusive, so PS3, Vita, and PS4.Doubt it's any good on the Vita though. Possibly, don't know much about it myself, but I'll probably skip out on the VR until a year after release.

As for favourite games: Final Fantasy Type-0, Sword Art Online: Lost Songs, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3, Final Fantasy XIV (It'd be my favourite if it wasn't for the garbage community), and Beyond: Two Souls.

Second year at the moment! Tbf if I cared about night life, and whatever then I'd probably be disliking the experience, but since I don't like that stuff it's brilliant!! I'm doing Computer Networks & Security. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not. Don't plan on getting it either. EVER!

It's PlayStation exclusive, so PS3, Vita, and PS4.Doubt it's any good on the Vita though. Possibly, don't know much about it myself, but I'll probably skip out on the VR until a year after release.

As for favourite games: Final Fantasy Type-0, Sword Art Online: Lost Songs, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3, Final Fantasy XIV (It'd be my favourite if it wasn't for the garbage community), and Beyond: Two Souls.

Second year at the moment! Tbf if I cared about night life, and whatever then I'd probably be disliking the experience, but since I don't like that stuff it's brilliant!! I'm doing Computer Networks & Security. How about yourself?
    No PS3, no Vita, no PS4. ;-; Can't stand exclusivity but I guess it pays their bills.
    I have a PS2 though. *flaunts*

You'd have to buy an Oculus Rift to enjoy the VR element, right? I bet those aren't cheap.

I can honestly say I've played none of those games. Is Type-0 intense gameplay for a crap PC?
    I want to play Beyond: Two Souls but oh look, another PlayStation exclusive! :closedeyes:

Is it a quiet area the uni is in then? Night life isn't a huge priority for me either tbh. The Common Room for the college I've chosen has games consoles in so I'm all set!
    Ooh clever. Should have guessed by your name it was something to do with computers. :facepalm: I'm going to be studying Applied Social Science (Crime & Criminal Justice).

ReputationRep:
    No PS3, no Vita, no PS4. ;-; Can't stand exclusivity but I guess it pays their bills.
    I have a PS2 though. *flaunts*

You'd have to buy an Oculus Rift to enjoy the VR element, right? I bet those aren't cheap.

I can honestly say I've played none of those games. Is Type-0 intense gameplay for a crap PC?
    I want to play Beyond: Two Souls but oh look, another PlayStation exclusive! :closedeyes:

Is it a quiet area the uni is in then? Night life isn't a huge priority for me either tbh. The Common Room for the college I've chosen has games consoles in so I'm all set!
    Ooh clever. Should have guessed by your name it was something to do with computers. :facepalm: I'm going to be studying Applied Social Science (Crime & Criminal Justice).
    Yeah it pays their bills. Sadly that encompasses their help desk (most likely), and those people are completely useless!!

Yeah, I'd say it'd be around £800 or so. Though I don't think it's compatible with consoles. Also think PS are developing their own.

By crap, how crap are you talking? XD last I checked, Type-0 should run okay on a 2.5GHz processor, 4GB RAM and AMD Radeon 7790.

Lovely game, but the movement is a bit crap with the controller tbh, even worse on tablet!

Aye, it's alright, but it has ups and downs! Looking forward to starting?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it pays their bills. Sadly that encompasses their help desk (most likely), and those people are completely useless!!

Yeah, I'd say it'd be around £800 or so. Though I don't think it's compatible with consoles. Also think PS are developing their own.

By crap, how crap are you talking? XD last I checked, Type-0 should run okay on a 2.5GHz processor, 4GB RAM and AMD Radeon 7790.

Lovely game, but the movement is a bit crap with the controller tbh, even worse on tablet!

Aye, it's alright, but it has ups and downs! Looking forward to starting?
    I can't say I've ever had any experience with their help desk, is it really that bad?

That's a fair bit. If it isn't compatible with consoles though how anyone ever going to play anything with it? Does it have it's own integrated system for gaming or something?
    Everyone's probably developing their own at this point. Some company even made a cardboard one, lol.

Let me grab some specs, cause I'm useless at this stuff. :lol:
    AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor - 3.2 GHz
    4GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5450

That mean anything to you?

On a tablet? Do they do it for iPad, etc., or am I being dumb?

As long as you like it there is all that counts! Yeah, pretty excited just to be moving away in general tbh. I'm not a fan of London really.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I've ever had any experience with their help desk, is it really that bad?That's a fair bit. If it isn't compatible with consoles though how anyone ever going to play anything with it? Does it have it's own integrated system for gaming or something?Everyone's probably developing their own at this point. Some company even made a cardboard one, lol.Let me grab some specs, cause I'm useless at this stuff. :lol:AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor - 3.2 GHz4GB RAMATI Radeon HD 5450That mean anything to you?On a tablet? Do they do it for iPad, etc., or am I being dumb?As long as you like it there is all that counts! Yeah, pretty excited just to be moving away in general tbh. I'm not a fan of London really.
    Bad enough! :PNot entirely sure tbh.. Haven't really got around to reading much about it at the moment. I'll probably wait until June or something see if anything pops up about it!Yeah though the biggest question if any of them are even worthwhile. Like the Ouye for instance.Means very little me to be honest. But this does http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...-hd/12794/?p=r

Well not exactly, it's like a silly feature added in. The devs made it so you can play as Aiden or Jodie on the Tablet, provided you actually have a console connected to the same network! Bit meaningless unless you're after a trophy

ReputationRep:
    Bad enough! :PNot entirely sure tbh.. Haven't really got around to reading much about it at the moment. I'll probably wait until June or something see if anything pops up about it!Yeah though the biggest question if any of them are even worthwhile. Like the Ouye for instance.Means very little me to be honest. But this does http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...-hd/12794/?p=r

Well not exactly, it's like a silly feature added in. The devs made it so you can play as Aiden or Jodie on the Tablet, provided you actually have a console connected to the same network! Bit meaningless unless you're after a trophy
    I had a gander at the website for the Rift.. apparently they do Oculus ready PC's now? :lol:
    They're selling a gamepad as an additional extra too, though how that works when you can't see what buttons you're pressing, who knows.
    The Ouye looks like a PS4 rip-off, what the heck.

Oh, well, I ran the diagnostic program they get you to do and failed. :lol:
    Apparently my video card isn't up to scratch, but I kind of expected that.
    I don't intend to take my desktop PC with me to uni so I wouldn't have been able to play for long anyway!

Ohh right, they did something similar to that with GTAV with the "iFruit" app.

ReputationRep:
    I had a gander at the website for the Rift.. apparently they do Oculus ready PC's now? :lol:
    They're selling a gamepad as an additional extra too, though how that works when you can't see what buttons you're pressing, who knows.
    The Ouye looks like a PS4 rip-off, what the heck.

Oh, well, I ran the diagnostic program they get you to do and failed. :lol:
    Apparently my video card isn't up to scratch, but I kind of expected that.
    I don't intend to take my desktop PC with me to uni so I wouldn't have been able to play for long anyway!

Ohh right, they did something similar to that with GTAV with the "iFruit" app.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Never keep up with PCs.. Not my thing! :P

You think that's bad.. Check out the controller :rofl:

Thought it'd fail tbh.. But wasn't entirely certain. If I was stopping on campus, I wouldn't bother either tbh.. It'd be too clustered with a massive desktop in the room.

Yeah similar to the iFruit! Completely forgot about it. I was going to get it back when I had GTA. But that game is only fun the first time. Multiplayer gets boring now, it's just infested with people that ruin Free Mode. (Suppose I can't talk - Done a fair bit of griefing with a guy on here, but only griefing the griefers)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I played the trial for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Never keep up with PCs.. Not my thing! :P

You think that's bad.. Check out the controller :rofl:

Thought it'd fail tbh.. But wasn't entirely certain. If I was stopping on campus, I wouldn't bother either tbh.. It'd be too clustered with a massive desktop in the room.

Yeah similar to the iFruit! Completely forgot about it. I was going to get it back when I had GTA. But that game is only fun the first time. Multiplayer gets boring now, it's just infested with people that ruin Free Mode. (Suppose I can't talk - Done a fair bit of griefing with a guy on here, but only griefing the griefers)
    ?! But you study Computer Networks and Security!

Haha oh God, surely that's hella copyright infringement!

Hah, even a complete stranger has no faith in my PC, that's comforting. Did you live in campus last year? Yeah, I can't see me getting it there either, to be honest. I'm getting the train since I don't drive currently.

I regretted it almost immediately. You have to clean up Chop's poop in the app, and if you don't, whenever you go to your house in the game there will be dog poop everywhere. :facepalm:
    I have a dog irl, I don't need to be cleaning virtual poop 3x a day as well.

Multiplayer is awful but also kinda hilarious. My first time playing multiplayer, I went to rob one of the little shops, ran out to jump in my car and get away to find some d-bag had picked up my car using a military helicopter type thing and was flying off with it?! :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    ?! But you study Computer Networks and Security!

Haha oh God, surely that's hella copyright infringement!

Hah, even a complete stranger has no faith in my PC, that's comforting. Did you live in campus last year? Yeah, I can't see me getting it there either, to be honest. I'm getting the train since I don't drive currently.

I regretted it almost immediately. You have to clean up Chop's poop in the app, and if you don't, whenever you go to your house in the game there will be dog poop everywhere. :facepalm:
    I have a dog irl, I don't need to be cleaning virtual poop 3x a day as well.

Multiplayer is awful but also kinda hilarious. My first time playing multiplayer, I went to rob one of the little shops, ran out to jump in my car and get away to find some d-bag had picked up my car using a military helicopter type thing and was flying off with it?! :wtf:
    Haha, gaming wise at least. Otherwise they're my best friend. Well.

Most likely, but gotta bear in mind that it's probably not worth a damn to take it to court or anything. Given it's pretty much 100% going to be some small place..

Haha sorry! :P I don't drive either so it's the bus for me. As for campus.. Nope, I like my peace and quiet.. Probably too much tbh.

Ahh damn, sounds like a nightmare tbh.. I didn't think the companion app would make the game more of a nightmare. As if the collectibles aren't bad enough :P

Ahh people do that all the time. First time playing GTA on the Xbox I had problems like that all the time. I tried transferring my character over to Playstation but it screwed up and lost all my online progress. Started from scratch and it wasn't so bad.. But I was more experienced at the time. Where I'd only ever use a car from the street, and my own personal one if I'm chasing down people!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, gaming wise at least. Otherwise they're my best friend. Well.

Most likely, but gotta bear in mind that it's probably not worth a damn to take it to court or anything. Given it's pretty much 100% going to be some small place..

Haha sorry! :P I don't drive either so it's the bus for me. As for campus.. Nope, I like my peace and quiet.. Probably too much tbh.

Ahh damn, sounds like a nightmare tbh.. I didn't think the companion app would make the game more of a nightmare. As if the collectibles aren't bad enough :P

Ahh people do that all the time. First time playing GTA on the Xbox I had problems like that all the time. I tried transferring my character over to Playstation but it screwed up and lost all my online progress. Started from scratch and it wasn't so bad.. But I was more experienced at the time. Where I'd only ever use a car from the street, and my own personal one if I'm chasing down people!
    Really? haha Surely you must be getting sick of 'em by now.
    Do you know much about operating systems? My PC keeps nagging me to update to Windows 10 and I don't wanna. Do you know if it's worth it, etc.?

Yeah, looks like it's some random company in China trying to make a cheap knock off.

Ohh yeah, too many rowdy young students on campus. I'm hoping that isn't my experience of first year on campus but that remains to be seen.
    Do you just.. live alone? o:

Right? It's fun customizing your plates though, I named my plates after one of my cats so it was awesome driving around with that haha.
    I barely bothered with the collectibles. GTA is one game series I'm actually not a completionist with, mostly for my own sanity.

The character creator on Xbox is just awful! It's near on impossible to make a good looking female on there, my characters always looked like they had a meth addiction.
    That sucks, daaayum. Hahah that first mission though, chasing after that guy for the drugs or whatever it was.. first time I did that it took me legit 40+ mins to catch him. :facepalm:
    I hate when you steal a hot ride and the police are all on you cause it's a good car or whatever, you get so desensitized to crime you're literally like "what did I do wrong?!" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What buy now pay later service did you use? I've looked at some of those but I can be a bit of a commitment phobe when it comes to those kinds of things.

What race/class are you? I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time! I tried WoW many years back and haated it. Have you ever played The Secret World?
    I used littlewoods when they had an offer on, but you can find loads of money off offers with them for new users too. I got one of them as well which knocked £40 off my order as a new customer.

I have just rolled an arcanist lalafell. WoW was a bit dull after a while.. but it was what my partner was playing too and we used to raid together. Eventually it turned more into a chore though rather than fun. I haven't played The Secret World, but I have seen it. I'm not a big super hero kind of person though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.