Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    It'd be fine for a Windows tablet, but a desktop I don't think it suits

It's more than a thirst tbh!!

What's what?

Like 2 weeks which is alright.. Likely I'll be given the task of writing the project implementation report which is BS! :sad:

Yeah it's my last year, hen I get to enter big wide world! :P

I'm 20.. Not that young!! Playstation 2 was in the year 2000

Summer is my lazy time.. I could take lessons during the summer.. Maybe!!

Nights of Azure, Overwatch, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn (The last 2 have yet to be announced), and Rise of the Tomb Raider when it gets announced on Q4.
    Nawh, all that touchscreen nonsense.

Haha, addiction maybe?
    I meant this thing --> :lala:
    I was looking for a noodle emoji and came across that monstrosity.

That's not bad! Hmm, group work?

Ooh, scary. What are your plans for the big wide world? Whatchu wanna do, etc?

That's not so bad. I was 10 when the PS2 came out then. I remember my first game for it was Kingdom Hearts.

Haha ooh, gotcha. Driving lessons during the summer means actually going out.. in the sun... :hand:

You're really liking those PlayStation exclusives huh! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Nawh, all that touchscreen nonsense.

Haha, addiction maybe?
    I meant this thing --> :lala:
    I was looking for a noodle emoji and came across that monstrosity.

That's not bad! Hmm, group work?

Ooh, scary. What are your plans for the big wide world? Whatchu wanna do, etc?

That's not so bad. I was 10 when the PS2 came out then. I remember my first game for it was Kingdom Hearts.

Haha ooh, gotcha. Driving lessons during the summer means actually going out.. in the sun... :hand:

You're really liking those PlayStation exclusives huh! :lol:
    Yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking with touch screen either.. Can understand on convertibles, but normal laptops -.-

Yeah probably addiction

Yah. That is monstrosity.. What is it anyway? Or is it seriously TSRs idea of a noodle?

Aye, sucks tbh! Even if it is useful later in life

Network Engineering, and hopefully move out of the UK. You?

Could do with some sun, the only time I get any is walking to the bus stop :rofl:

Yeah. Absolute shame that Xbox already has Rise of the Tomb Raider

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiex)
    Yes! Omg can't wait for them! >
    Is it true XV is out this year? I'm not sure where I heard that but I hope its true. I need a good FF game! Last one I played was Type-0 and whilst the gameplay was awesome, the rest was meh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking with touch screen either.. Can understand on convertibles, but normal laptops -.-

Yeah probably addiction

Yah. That is monstrosity.. What is it anyway? Or is it seriously TSRs idea of a noodle?

Aye, sucks tbh! Even if it is useful later in life

Network Engineering, and hopefully move out of the UK. You?

Could do with some sun, the only time I get any is walking to the bus stop :rofl:

Yeah. Absolute shame that Xbox already has Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Convertibles are those things you can add or take the keyboard away from right? I don't get the point in them if I'm honest.

I don't have a clue, that's why I said wtf is that :lol:
    It's called "lala" but it clearly isn't singing or anything? It's just got a weird hook head :confused:

I hope I never have to do group work. I'm really not good at being social

Ah really? Where you planning on going? Do you not like it here much I take it?
    My plans are to do a Masters in Early Modern History post-degree, then likely aim for marriage and a stable job somewhere down south.

Haha noo, no sun! I can't stand the sun. Do you even get much of it over in Wales? :lol:

Oh it does? Is the PS4 edition just late coming out then or what?

ReputationRep:
    Convertibles are those things you can add or take the keyboard away from right? I don't get the point in them if I'm honest.

I don't have a clue, that's why I said wtf is that :lol:
    It's called "lala" but it clearly isn't singing or anything? It's just got a weird hook head :confused:

I hope I never have to do group work. I'm really not good at being social

Ah really? Where you planning on going? Do you not like it here much I take it?
    My plans are to do a Masters in Early Modern History post-degree, then likely aim for marriage and a stable job somewhere down south.

Haha noo, no sun! I can't stand the sun. Do you even get much of it over in Wales? :lol:

Oh it does? Is the PS4 edition just late coming out then or what?
    Yeah. They can be alright, depending on how you use it that is!

Yeah me either. Always got disagreements in the group project, wouldn't surprise me if it destroys my classification this year. Particularly the second component of the group work.

Possibly Japan for the culture. Might entice me to go out a little more. Or Norway! It's not too bad, just can't see myself living the rest of my life here.

Haha, we get it quite a bit, but more often than not it's extremely cold :sad:

I don't even know what they planned with that. I did read it started as an Xbox exclusive.. Don't even know why, but a lot of people complained, understandable since I don't think many people want to buy a crap console for the sake of 1-2 games.. If you see the trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn, then compare it with some of the upcoming exclusives for Xbox.. They just can't compete...

Actually, maybe Sea of Thieves, and/or Crackdown could hold a candle to it. Don't know what Microsoft were thinking with the texture on those rocks, compared to everything else on Sea of Thieves.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. They can be alright, depending on how you use it that is!

Yeah me either. Always got disagreements in the group project, wouldn't surprise me if it destroys my classification this year. Particularly the second component of the group work.

Possibly Japan for the culture. Might entice me to go out a little more. Or Norway! It's not too bad, just can't see myself living the rest of my life here.

Haha, we get it quite a bit, but more often than not it's extremely cold :sad:

I don't even know what they planned with that. I did read it started as an Xbox exclusive.. Don't even know why, but a lot of people complained, understandable since I don't think many people want to buy a crap console for the sake of 1-2 games.. If you see the trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn, then compare it with some of the upcoming exclusives for Xbox.. They just can't compete...

Actually, maybe Sea of Thieves, and/or Crackdown could hold a candle to it. Don't know what Microsoft were thinking with the texture on those rocks, compared to everything else on Sea of Thieves.
    Seriously? What classification are you aiming for? Are people's not pulling their weight?

Japan would be amazing to visit, I have a brother that lives in Taiwan which isn't too far away. I keep meaning to visit him and take a detour to Japan whilst there but moniez innit. It's like a grand just in airfare. Whereabouts in Norway do you like or just anywhere? I've been to Oslo and saw some kind of boat Grand Prix race thing, it was very cool!

That Welsh weather. Where are you from originally?

I didn't think Xbox did that many exclusives, seems kinda like shooting yourself in the foot tbh. PlayStation I can understand, but Xbox?

I watched the trailer. Those rocks look almost 2D. :lol:
    Well damn, Horizon Zero Dawn looks bloody epic. Dem graphics on point. Where the heck them massive machine animals come from tho. Goddamnit I need a PS4. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? What classification are you aiming for? Are people's not pulling their weight?

Japan would be amazing to visit, I have a brother that lives in Taiwan which isn't too far away. I keep meaning to visit him and take a detour to Japan whilst there but moniez innit. It's like a grand just in airfare. Whereabouts in Norway do you like or just anywhere? I've been to Oslo and saw some kind of boat Grand Prix race thing, it was very cool!

That Welsh weather. Where are you from originally?

I didn't think Xbox did that many exclusives, seems kinda like shooting yourself in the foot tbh. PlayStation I can understand, but Xbox?

I watched the trailer. Those rocks look almost 2D. :lol:
    Well damn, Horizon Zero Dawn looks bloody epic. Dem graphics on point. Where the heck them massive machine animals come from tho. Goddamnit I need a PS4. :mad:
    Well, this year a 2:1, and next year First Class (I hope). Some people are pulling their weight but someone in the group has a habit of going tangent and causing more problems than he's worth.

Money is always the problem :sad: I have plans to visit when I graduate.. Possibly. Just anywhere really, haven't given it much thought as to where exactly. Got plenty of time to think about it though!

Originally from Northampton.. Hated it with a passion!!!!

I'd imagine a lot of the played base for the Xbox is around FPS and all that jazz, probably better console for competitive gamers IMO.

If the rooks didn't look 2D I'd say it's capable of being a brilliant game! But makes it seem a bit like the old Far Cry rocks from Instincts Predator. Actually has less texture than those rocks. Even if the rocks are sandstone.. Still really bland

Aye, Horizon is definitely spot on in terms of visuals. Just hope it plays as good as it looks! That'd be my only concern for it

ReputationRep:
    Well, this year a 2:1, and next year First Class (I hope). Some people are pulling their weight but someone in the group has a habit of going tangent and causing more problems than he's worth.

Money is always the problem :sad: I have plans to visit when I graduate.. Possibly. Just anywhere really, haven't given it much thought as to where exactly. Got plenty of time to think about it though!

Originally from Northampton.. Hated it with a passion!!!!

I'd imagine a lot of the played base for the Xbox is around FPS and all that jazz, probably better console for competitive gamers IMO.

If the rooks didn't look 2D I'd say it's capable of being a brilliant game! But makes it seem a bit like the old Far Cry rocks from Instincts Predator. Actually has less texture than those rocks. Even if the rocks are sandstone.. Still really bland

Aye, Horizon is definitely spot on in terms of visuals. Just hope it plays as good as it looks! That'd be my only concern for it
    Nice, good luck with your grades! Is this the same guy that's hella depressing?

Yep, poor people probs. Yeah true, got another year to go yet! Do you plan on learning some extra languages then? Given your plans to move abroad.

Hmm, can't say I've ever been myself. Did you grow up there? Why'd you hate it?

Yeah, I get that feeling too. Xbox reminds me of those hardcore 12 year old COD players you encounter sometimes.

The trailer didn't show too much of how the game play is actually going to be. What's the point/purpose of the game? (Thieves)

Yeah I guess the length, storyline and game mechanics are really yet to be seen! Look good from what you can see in the trailer though, it reminds me a bit of the battle system in FFXIII ever so slightly. FFXIII is turn based though, not hack'n slash, but there are definite similarities there. It will be a slight shame if the only option is to play as the female.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, good luck with your grades! Is this the same guy that's hella depressing?

Yep, poor people probs. Yeah true, got another year to go yet! Do you plan on learning some extra languages then? Given your plans to move abroad.

Hmm, can't say I've ever been myself. Did you grow up there? Why'd you hate it?

Yeah, I get that feeling too. Xbox reminds me of those hardcore 12 year old COD players you encounter sometimes.

The trailer didn't show too much of how the game play is actually going to be. What's the point/purpose of the game? (Thieves)

Yeah I guess the length, storyline and game mechanics are really yet to be seen! Look good from what you can see in the trailer though, it reminds me a bit of the battle system in FFXIII ever so slightly. FFXIII is turn based though, not hack'n slash, but there are definite similarities there. It will be a slight shame if the only option is to play as the female.
    Nope, he asked to work in our group, and politely declined. I declined like 2 people, and still ended up with someone undesirable. There's 4 of us, and that one person has literally been capable of holding the entire group back.

Ohh I've already started to learn Japanese, and I'll probably progress a lot more on it over the summer.

Bad experiences all over the place tbh.. Nothing to do and quite a rough area.

That's why I don't play Call of Duty, every game has at least 1 12 year old. There's a few decent youngsters on there.. Well I've only met 2.. But the rest of the community all seems to have screwed my mum and claims to be father :rofl:

No idea why they made that game turn based since from what I've heard most, if not all bosses can just be spammed with normal attacks? I think it probably is the only character you can play as. Don't mind playing as female characters, provided they don't look like characters from Saints Row.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, he asked to work in our group, and politely declined. I declined like 2 people, and still ended up with someone undesirable. There's 4 of us, and that one person has literally been capable of holding the entire group back.

Ohh I've already started to learn Japanese, and I'll probably progress a lot more on it over the summer.

Bad experiences all over the place tbh.. Nothing to do and quite a rough area.

That's why I don't play Call of Duty, every game has at least 1 12 year old. There's a few decent youngsters on there.. Well I've only met 2.. But the rest of the community all seems to have screwed my mum and claims to be father :rofl:

No idea why they made that game turn based since from what I've heard most, if not all bosses can just be spammed with normal attacks? I think it probably is the only character you can play as. Don't mind playing as female characters, provided they don't look like characters from Saints Row.
    Haha get you, in high demand! Is it too late to kick him out the group?

Oh nice! How are you finding it? Are you studying it officially at uni or in your spare time?

Sounds a lot like where I'm from tbh, hoorah for leaving our home towns!

Right? Xbox seems to attract more of those types than average, I feel. GTAV Online in 360 has a fair few as well. :facepalm:

I'd say that's pretty accurate, haha. You end up just spamming the A button to Attack, no need for magic or summons unless you're proper in trouble.

Haha, 2tru. She didn't look so bad from the trailer in any case! I just quite like having customisable character options. I've easily spent thousands of hours of my life in game character creation screens and picking the perfect names (old school FF's where you could pick every characters nickname <3)

ReputationRep:
    Haha get you, in high demand! Is it too late to kick him out the group?

Oh nice! How are you finding it? Are you studying it officially at uni or in your spare time?

Sounds a lot like where I'm from tbh, hoorah for leaving our home towns!

Right? Xbox seems to attract more of those types than average, I feel. GTAV Online in 360 has a fair few as well. :facepalm:

I'd say that's pretty accurate, haha. You end up just spamming the A button to Attack, no need for magic or summons unless you're proper in trouble.

Haha, 2tru. She didn't look so bad from the trailer in any case! I just quite like having customisable character options. I've easily spent thousands of hours of my life in game character creation screens and picking the perfect names (old school FF's where you could pick every characters nickname <3)
    Aye, it's too late. I'll give him credit where credit is due, but he's tried for the entire first semester just fixing a computer.

Spare time. I think doing it officially will just make it harder on myself .

That's why I just completely ignore online if I can. It's either a case of immaturity, conceited (or should I say deluded), or just people from FF XIV, Which are in their own league. Not a good one either!

I'll like it then.. Be a pretty good introduction into turn based combat. Even if I have played Hyperdimension before, that was with XP buffs, so by the time I got around to the boss it was a 2 hit kill. Can comfortably say though the stuff they put you through on the colosseum is inhumane.

I've only ever like character customization from FF XIV, that was good customization. As for names I do like having a unique name for my Online ID (I've got 3 PS4 accounts, each with it's own unique name). Never had a game that allowed custom names.. Apart from XIV, obviously! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    Is it true XV is out this year? I'm not sure where I heard that but I hope its true. I need a good FF game! Last one I played was Type-0 and whilst the gameplay was awesome, the rest was meh.
    Last I heard there was a lot of hinting that it would be a 2016 release however I haven't heard anything about it lately. So perhaps it will be this year or maybe not. Can only wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiex)
    Last I heard there was a lot of hinting that it would be a 2016 release however I haven't heard anything about it lately. So perhaps it will be this year or maybe not. Can only wait and see
    Finger crossed the rumours are true then! Are they still replacing Stella with Luna Freya? I don't really like her character design tbh. Can't wait to be able to drive a car in an FF game tho

ReputationRep:
    Finger crossed the rumours are true then! Are they still replacing Stella with Luna Freya? I don't really like her character design tbh. Can't wait to be able to drive a car in an FF game tho
    Rumoured for September 30th if you're curious.

LINK: http://gematsu.com/2016/03/rumor-fin...s-september-30

ReputationRep:
    Rumoured for September 30th if you're curious.

LINK: http://gematsu.com/2016/03/rumor-fin...s-september-30
    Interesting. Wonder who the sources are though.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Wonder who the sources are though.
    The question I'm dying to know!

If it's going to turn out to be around that period then it's
    Spoiler:
    Show

.....Bad for uni.

ReputationRep:
    The question I'm dying to know!

If it's going to turn out to be around that period then it's
    Spoiler:
    Show

.....Bad for uni.
    Exactly. I was hoping it would released around summer time seeing as I'm not going to have anything to do anyways. Guess I might do some hardcore FF playing then and go through the main titles one by one properly. I seem to have completed more spin offs than title games

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I was hoping it would released around summer time seeing as I'm not going to have anything to do anyways. Guess I might do some hardcore FF playing then and go through the main titles one by one properly. I seem to have completed more spin offs than title games
    Meh, too many games lined up for me to have the chance to even play it during the summer. Though it would make a nice closure given most of the games lined up are Final Fantasy titles. Regret not getting the collectors edition of Type-0 for the XV demo! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Aye, it's too late. I'll give him credit where credit is due, but he's tried for the entire first semester just fixing a computer.

Spare time. I think doing it officially will just make it harder on myself .

That's why I just completely ignore online if I can. It's either a case of immaturity, conceited (or should I say deluded), or just people from FF XIV, Which are in their own league. Not a good one either!

I'll like it then.. Be a pretty good introduction into turn based combat. Even if I have played Hyperdimension before, that was with XP buffs, so by the time I got around to the boss it was a 2 hit kill. Can comfortably say though the stuff they put you through on the colosseum is inhumane.

I've only ever like character customization from FF XIV, that was good customization. As for names I do like having a unique name for my Online ID (I've got 3 PS4 accounts, each with it's own unique name). Never had a game that allowed custom names.. Apart from XIV, obviously! :P
    Wow what, laziness or just useless?

Yeah true, more pressure and stress and then you'd probably have to take an exam in it as well.

Haha are people on FFXIV really that bad? :lol:

Have you not played turn based before? All FF games aside from the MMOs obviously are I'm fairly sure. Can't speak for the new FFVII remake but I'd imagine so.

Four PS4 nametags?!? And here's me with none.
    FFVII, VIII and IX you could name all characters that join your party. They stopped it at X where you could only name the main character (Tidus) and from then pretty sure they scrapped it altogether since you can't rename Lightning in XIII (unsure about Vaan from XII, awful game).

ReputationRep:
    Wow what, laziness or just useless?

Yeah true, more pressure and stress and then you'd probably have to take an exam in it as well.

Haha are people on FFXIV really that bad? :lol:

Have you not played turn based before? All FF games aside from the MMOs obviously are I'm fairly sure. Can't speak for the new FFVII remake but I'd imagine so.

Four PS4 nametags?!? And here's me with none.
    FFVII, VIII and IX you could name all characters that join your party. They stopped it at X where you could only name the main character (Tidus) and from then pretty sure they scrapped it altogether since you can't rename Lightning in XIII (unsure about Vaan from XII, awful game).
    I'd say he's both worlds. Lazy and useless.

Yup!!!!!!!! They're.. That bad. Though I suppose I could thank them for driving me away from FF XIV a bit. Don't get me wrong, if you can find yourself a friend group to clear content with then it's the best! In fact, my 'best gaming moment' is probably on XIV with a party I spent a few weekends learning/clearing coil savage with (Turn 6, 8, 9).

Not a turn based Final Fantasy, no. The only Final Fantasy I've ever got down to play is XIV, and Type-0. I would've started FF X on Saturday, but I refuse to play it until I've got proper time to (Summer holiday), then I can do VII, X/X-2, XIII/-2, Lightning Returns.

Aye, 1 of them is a Japanese account for some of their exclusives, another one is US, again, for exclusives, then 2 normal accounts.. Well 1 I'm hoping to have as a 100% account. But I won't set my life on it, otherwise I'll just see it as more of a job than anything else.

Yeah I was watching a VII that I could see an element of naming the characters. I like it, but If it means cutting out some of the cut scene talking then it becomes more of an annoyance than anything else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.