Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Meh, too many games lined up for me to have the chance to even play it during the summer. Though it would make a nice closure given most of the games lined up are Final Fantasy titles. Regret not getting the collectors edition of Type-0 for the XV demo! :sad:
    I think im going to start with IX, I remember really liking it but then I got stuck haha I reallt hate III though.
    Oh i got thise but I havent really tried the demo, it has alot of problems with it obvs. I have a love hate relationship with type 0. The story and dialogue makes me cringe but the gameplay is too fun. I think im the only person who liked playing as Trey the most then Ace/King o_O
    Also, I cant over the name Qator the unscathed when oits so not true xD

ReputationRep:
    I'd say he's both worlds. Lazy and useless.

Yup!!!!!!!! They're.. That bad. Though I suppose I could thank them for driving me away from FF XIV a bit. Don't get me wrong, if you can find yourself a friend group to clear content with then it's the best! In fact, my 'best gaming moment' is probably on XIV with a party I spent a few weekends learning/clearing coil savage with (Turn 6, 8, 9).

Not a turn based Final Fantasy, no. The only Final Fantasy I've ever got down to play is XIV, and Type-0. I would've started FF X on Saturday, but I refuse to play it until I've got proper time to (Summer holiday), then I can do VII, X/X-2, XIII/-2, Lightning Returns.

Aye, 1 of them is a Japanese account for some of their exclusives, another one is US, again, for exclusives, then 2 normal accounts.. Well 1 I'm hoping to have as a 100% account. But I won't set my life on it, otherwise I'll just see it as more of a job than anything else.

Yeah I was watching a VII that I could see an element of naming the characters. I like it, but If it means cutting out some of the cut scene talking then it becomes more of an annoyance than anything else.
    And that guy was the best out of the bunch that wanted to be in your group?! :lol:

What's wrong with them? Are they just young and annoying and useless or what? Damn that's one thing I dislike about MMO's really, the social aspect when you need to clear dungeons and stuff, if you don't know anyone else that plays its hella awkward (for me anyway).

That's fair enough, better to bang it all out in one. If you keep taking little breaks from it you end up forgetting stuff which is annoying. I've wasted many hundreds of hours just grinding in X though, there's this one boss I struggled with for months cause the last save is right before you battle him and you're stuck on an air ship so you literally cannot prepare or grind moar, you do it as you are or you start the game again from the beginning. So after that any time I started a new game on X I made sure to grind like crazy cause hell no am I letting that happen again! You have to rely on a lot of magic spells too.

Japanese account, nice! Do they have many good exclusives?

In the original VII there were no voice overs so it wasn't an issue, but I'm betting in the remake there will be tons and they will lose the rename each character feature for that purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    And that guy was the best out of the bunch that wanted to be in your group?! :lol:

What's wrong with them? Are they just young and annoying and useless or what? Damn that's one thing I dislike about MMO's really, the social aspect when you need to clear dungeons and stuff, if you don't know anyone else that plays its hella awkward (for me anyway).

That's fair enough, better to bang it all out in one. If you keep taking little breaks from it you end up forgetting stuff which is annoying. I've wasted many hundreds of hours just grinding in X though, there's this one boss I struggled with for months cause the last save is right before you battle him and you're stuck on an air ship so you literally cannot prepare or grind moar, you do it as you are or you start the game again from the beginning. So after that any time I started a new game on X I made sure to grind like crazy cause hell no am I letting that happen again! You have to rely on a lot of magic spells too.

Japanese account, nice! Do they have many good exclusives?

In the original VII there were no voice overs so it wasn't an issue, but I'm betting in the remake there will be tons and they will lose the rename each character feature for that purpose.
    Yeah, pretty much :sad:

It's more the case that if you forget something, be it basic, or advanced, they make you know about it, and like to d$%£s about it. I don't mind playing with random people provided they're good people. Social wise that is. Honestly, there's no 1 word to sum the community up

I've got a massive habit of over-levelling, I like OP :yup: I always have the issue where I forget something, that's why I don't like playing fighting/beat-em-up games. Not dedicated enough, and I'd only end up spending an immense amount of time learning combos, just to take a 1-2 month break then forgetting absolutely everything. With the case of other games, it's usually just a case of waiting for a mechanic to appear then I can remember it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, pretty much :sad:

It's more the case that if you forget something, be it basic, or advanced, they make you know about it, and like to d$%£s about it. I don't mind playing with random people provided they're good people. Social wise that is. Honestly, there's no 1 word to sum the community up

I've got a massive habit of over-levelling, I like OP :yup: I always have the issue where I forget something, that's why I don't like playing fighting/beat-em-up games. Not dedicated enough, and I'd only end up spending an immense amount of time learning combos, just to take a 1-2 month break then forgetting absolutely everything. With the case of other games, it's usually just a case of waiting for a mechanic to appear then I can remember it.
    Dang, that's some bad luck!

Ooh I see, I'm not a fan of those types. Especially when you've just started playing and have no clue wtf you're doing, you don't need the extra pressure.

Haha me too! Grinding is actually kinda fun anyways, and I adore the sphere grid in FFX. I get so excited when I have new sphere levels. Ohhh yeah, combos are hard to remember, I struggle enough with remembering what buttons are to get in/out the car in GTAV. Have you ever played State of Decay?

ReputationRep:
    Dang, that's some bad luck!

Ooh I see, I'm not a fan of those types. Especially when you've just started playing and have no clue wtf you're doing, you don't need the extra pressure.

Haha me too! Grinding is actually kinda fun anyways, and I adore the sphere grid in FFX. I get so excited when I have new sphere levels. Ohhh yeah, combos are hard to remember, I struggle enough with remembering what buttons are to get in/out the car in GTAV. Have you ever played State of Decay?
    It is what it is I suppose!

Ahh if you're completely new to the game it's acceptable. But if you're at Level 60, everyone expects you to be seasoned veteran for some reason. Can't make even a single mistake or some people tear you apart.

All grinding is relatively fun, unless it's GTA grinding then it's a pain. Though Star Ocean scares me to death. The 1000 hour platinum :sad: never played it, nope. Is it any good? Have you played H1Z1 or Black Desert? Those are 2 games I'd die to have on PS!!!

ReputationRep:
    It is what it is I suppose!

Ahh if you're completely new to the game it's acceptable. But if you're at Level 60, everyone expects you to be seasoned veteran for some reason. Can't make even a single mistake or some people tear you apart.

All grinding is relatively fun, unless it's GTA grinding then it's a pain. Though Star Ocean scares me to death. The 1000 hour platinum :sad: never played it, nope. Is it any good? Have you played H1Z1 or Black Desert? Those are 2 games I'd die to have on PS!!!
    Daaaaang, that's some pressure then. What level are you at?

GTA grinding is a chore. I definitely don't ever play GTA for the sake of "leveling", more just to piss about and have fun, I can't take it too seriously. What's Ocean Star? State of Decay is good fun, you just run about killing zombies and trying to survive. There is some storyline but it's not that important or great, it's mostly fun just doing supply runs and grinding. H1Z1 and Black Desert look insane! The character customisation on Black Desert is :heart: I need that in my life. Are they only for PC? I didn't check if they're for console too.

ReputationRep:
    Daaaaang, that's some pressure then. What level are you at?

GTA grinding is a chore. I definitely don't ever play GTA for the sake of "leveling", more just to piss about and have fun, I can't take it too seriously. What's Ocean Star? State of Decay is good fun, you just run about killing zombies and trying to survive. There is some storyline but it's not that important or great, it's mostly fun just doing supply runs and grinding. H1Z1 and Black Desert look insane! The character customisation on Black Desert is :heart: I need that in my life. Are they only for PC? I didn't check if they're for console too.
    60 on multiple classes. Yeah the pressure of it is why I hardly play. The company (clan) I'm in is pretty good, but since my few months break it's gonna be a nightmare talking again.

I originally played it with the sole purpose of levelling back on the Xbox, and ohh boy was that the biggest mistake of my life! Action RPG is all I know, but it's pretty much famous on a trophy hunting website I'm on. Yeah the character customization on Black Desert is something else.. But the problem is looking at some streams the gameplay seemed a bit bland, might just be me.

I think they're both due to release on console at one point or another. Or at least it has been rumoured.

ReputationRep:
    60 on multiple classes. Yeah the pressure of it is why I hardly play. The company (clan) I'm in is pretty good, but since my few months break it's gonna be a nightmare talking again.

I originally played it with the sole purpose of levelling back on the Xbox, and ohh boy was that the biggest mistake of my life! Action RPG is all I know, but it's pretty much famous on a trophy hunting website I'm on. Yeah the character customization on Black Desert is something else.. But the problem is looking at some streams the gameplay seemed a bit bland, might just be me.

I think they're both due to release on console at one point or another. Or at least it has been rumoured.
    Is 60 max level or something? Always awkward getting back into it. I had a decent clan on The Secret World I did dungeon runs with but it's been bare time now so I doubt I'd remember anyone anymore.

Haha whyyyy? GTA is like the least levelling game ever! Except for like driving and sprinting etc stats, I really liked working on those. I watched some guy play it for the first time and I agree, first impressions of the game play in the first five mins seem pretty bland. I don't know if he cut stuff out, but I didn't see much explanation of the story. Is there one? It looked like he was just thrown in.

Ohh cool, are you not up for playing them on PC then?

ReputationRep:
    Is 60 max level or something? Always awkward getting back into it. I had a decent clan on The Secret World I did dungeon runs with but it's been bare time now so I doubt I'd remember anyone anymore.

Haha whyyyy? GTA is like the least levelling game ever! Except for like driving and sprinting etc stats, I really liked working on those. I watched some guy play it for the first time and I agree, first impressions of the game play in the first five mins seem pretty bland. I don't know if he cut stuff out, but I didn't see much explanation of the story. Is there one? It looked like he was just thrown in.

Ohh cool, are you not up for playing them on PC then?
    Aye, they upgraded it on Heavenward. Always a shame leaving a good clan :sad:

I should probably correct my statement.. It was fun levelling up, but after you've reached level 200 or so on it, just to lose it due to stupidity is depressing! I'll probably see if I can find anything about the story tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind playing it on the PC, in fact I probably would be already but my desk downstairs is a complete mess!

ReputationRep:
    Aye, they upgraded it on Heavenward. Always a shame leaving a good clan :sad:

I should probably correct my statement.. It was fun levelling up, but after you've reached level 200 or so on it, just to lose it due to stupidity is depressing! I'll probably see if I can find anything about the story tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind playing it on the PC, in fact I probably would be already but my desk downstairs is a complete mess!
    Awesomes, and yeah it really is. So hard to find em these days too.

200!? Holy cripes. I don't think I've ever been level 200 on anything. Either way, I'd get it just for that character creation lol. I really like the look of the Witch class. She looks like Vivi from FFIX. :love: (I have an unhealthy obsession with him ok)

Go clean! Then buy! Then play! Then report back!

ReputationRep:
    Awesomes, and yeah it really is. So hard to find em these days too.

200!? Holy cripes. I don't think I've ever been level 200 on anything. Either way, I'd get it just for that character creation lol. I really like the look of the Witch class. She looks like Vivi from FFIX. :love: (I have an unhealthy obsession with him ok)

Go clean! Then buy! Then play! Then report back!
    Yeah.. Though I've never been crazy on joining em. Only joined 2, both of FF XIV. Left the first one since it just seemed dead!

I'd get it to explore the character creation, but the possibility of sticking to it is unlikely, unless something catches my eye. My unhealthy obsession would probably be Yuna. I don't need to play the game to know she's amazing! :fan:

if it's in budget I might sell a few bits of hardware for it! Not sure I like the idea of buying in game currency though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. Though I've never been crazy on joining em. Only joined 2, both of FF XIV. Left the first one since it just seemed dead!

I'd get it to explore the character creation, but the possibility of sticking to it is unlikely, unless something catches my eye. My unhealthy obsession would probably be Yuna. I don't need to play the game to know she's amazing! :fan:

if it's in budget I might sell a few bits of hardware for it! Not sure I like the idea of buying in game currency though.
    Have you played any other MMOs before? It's actually surprisingly hard to find clans and groups that are busy, in my experience. I got lucky with mine

Yeah same, depends on the game though, might surprise us. Haha she is bad ass, I legit wanted to be her when I was growing up. I thought I was the bomb cause I had the same colour hair as her *cringe* She gets more bad ass in X-2, she wears barely any clothes and dual wields guns. She's a bit too innocent in X.

What game is it has in game currency? I don't like that either, I played an MMO once called erm... Bright Shadow or something like that, I bought a cute outfit and llama mount only for it to go bust not long after. All my moniez gone.

ReputationRep:
    Have you played any other MMOs before? It's actually surprisingly hard to find clans and groups that are busy, in my experience. I got lucky with mine

Yeah same, depends on the game though, might surprise us. Haha she is bad ass, I legit wanted to be her when I was growing up. I thought I was the bomb cause I had the same colour hair as her *cringe* She gets more bad ass in X-2, she wears barely any clothes and dual wields guns. She's a bit too innocent in X.

What game is it has in game currency? I don't like that either, I played an MMO once called erm... Bright Shadow or something like that, I bought a cute outfit and llama mount only for it to go bust not long after. All my moniez gone.
    Yeah, Runescape, for a while.. Didn't think much of it though tbh! Yeah I got pretty lucky with my current one tbf.

Everyone should be like her! Ahh it's got a bit of fanservice?!? :gah:

Black Desert, you can buy in game currency.. At like extortionate prices. Completely ruins the whole point of an MMORPGs IMO! Unless the game is Runescape, in which case it's okay, because the game itself is pretty bad!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Runescape, for a while.. Didn't think much of it though tbh! Yeah I got pretty lucky with my current one tbf.

Everyone should be like her! Ahh it's got a bit of fanservice?!? :gah:

Black Desert, you can buy in game currency.. At like extortionate prices. Completely ruins the whole point of an MMORPGs IMO! Unless the game is Runescape, in which case it's okay, because the game itself is pretty bad!
    I remember Runescape, lol. You ever play SecondLife?

The whole of FFX-2 is fan service tbh. No joke. It's a **** game, but fun to play. Looksie~ (no spoilers dw)
    http://youtu.be/p7ktN93h-Ac

How extortionate is extortionate? Secret World has in game currency too but it isn't too bad, and you certainly don't *need* it. What games don't include add ons for extra moniez not though really.

ReputationRep:
    I remember Runescape, lol. You ever play SecondLife?

The whole of FFX-2 is fan service tbh. No joke. It's a **** game, but fun to play. Looksie~ (no spoilers dw)
    http://youtu.be/p7ktN93h-Ac

How extortionate is extortionate? Secret World has in game currency too but it isn't too bad, and you certainly don't *need* it. What games don't include add ons for extra moniez not though really.
    No, I never even heard about it until I was glued on the screen playing Instincts Predator. Nothing could tear me from that game!!!

Excellent! Had that case with Type-0. Pretty crap story.. Though the end was a bit good! Also the same with Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae... Garbage but really really fun to play IMO!! Spent until like 5am playing this game once so I only got an hours sleep. Ended up falling asleep midway through writing notes in class!

This level of extortionate prices: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/DaumCash.html

Aye, but with some games there's a clear difference between buying add-ons for items to give your character an element of uniqueness and having the ability to buy in-game currency with real money, completed destroying the economy in some cases (Runescape is a perfect example)

ReputationRep:
    No, I never even heard about it until I was glued on the screen playing Instincts Predator. Nothing could tear me from that game!!!

Excellent! Had that case with Type-0. Pretty crap story.. Though the end was a bit good! Also the same with Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae... Garbage but really really fun to play IMO!! Spent until like 5am playing this game once so I only got an hours sleep. Ended up falling asleep midway through writing notes in class!

This level of extortionate prices: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/DaumCash.html

Aye, but with some games there's a clear difference between buying add-ons for items to give your character an element of uniqueness and having the ability to buy in-game currency with real money, completed destroying the economy in some cases (Runescape is a perfect example)
    Haha you seem to get hooked on games a lot!

I've not played Type-0 tbh, or the other one you mentioned... What's that one about? Japanese names go waaay over my head.

Well, jeeeez. You know it's bad when there's a €100 option. Who has this kind of money to blow all at once?! On in game currency!!

Ohh yeah totally, Neopets and Gaia Online come to mind. Gaia was on billions last I checked, probably into trillions by now though.

Do you still play Pokemon? (going off your dp)

ReputationRep:
    Haha you seem to get hooked on games a lot!

I've not played Type-0 tbh, or the other one you mentioned... What's that one about? Japanese names go waaay over my head.

Well, jeeeez. You know it's bad when there's a €100 option. Who has this kind of money to blow all at once?! On in game currency!!

Ohh yeah totally, Neopets and Gaia Online come to mind. Gaia was on billions last I checked, probably into trillions by now though.

Do you still play Pokemon? (going off your dp)
    Haha yeah I do!! But there's only a few games I'd really stick to even after completing. Biggest issue is I like completing games in 1 sitting, literally. Suppose this is one of 'em. There's nothing really behind the game story wise.. Well I suppose there is, but nothing good enough to consider it more than a hack'n slash. But it's one of those Hack'n Slash games that you just can't get enough of. About the only thing I'd wish for it more bosses. Took 2 hours to complete.. BUT, very hard/Inferno difficulty is unbelievably brutal, so I'd regret that wish soon after!!

People with money to blow, and people that care too much about MMOs. Anything for an advantage with some people I suppose.

Nope, haven't played it in like.. What feels like forever. Used to be really addicted to the series when I was younger along with my older brother. It's one of those series I stopped watching once I finished school. How about you, do you watch/play it?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah I do!! But there's only a few games I'd really stick to even after completing. Biggest issue is I like completing games in 1 sitting, literally. Suppose this is one of 'em. There's nothing really behind the game story wise.. Well I suppose there is, but nothing good enough to consider it more than a hack'n slash. But it's one of those Hack'n Slash games that you just can't get enough of. About the only thing I'd wish for it more bosses. Took 2 hours to complete.. BUT, very hard/Inferno difficulty is unbelievably brutal, so I'd regret that wish soon after!!

People with money to blow, and people that care too much about MMOs. Anything for an advantage with some people I suppose.

Nope, haven't played it in like.. What feels like forever. Used to be really addicted to the series when I was younger along with my older brother. It's one of those series I stopped watching once I finished school. How about you, do you watch/play it?
    One sitting? :lolwut: How good can any game be that's only 2 hours long tho, that's no where near long enough! Speaking of hack'n slash, have you ever played Kingdom Hearts?

It's crazy to me, especially as you don't know how long a game is going to be around for. I wonder if they ever regret it.

Did you play X/Y? I was pretty into it when I was younger too, back when there were just 151 of the buggers. I can't keep up any more but I do buy the new games that come out sometimes and give them a play. It's not the same though really. I preferred Digimon, TV series wise. Did you ever collect Pokemon cards? lol

How's your weekend been?

ReputationRep:
    One sitting? :lolwut: How good can any game be that's only 2 hours long tho, that's no where near long enough! Speaking of hack'n slash, have you ever played Kingdom Hearts?

It's crazy to me, especially as you don't know how long a game is going to be around for. I wonder if they ever regret it.

Did you play X/Y? I was pretty into it when I was younger too, back when there were just 151 of the buggers. I can't keep up any more but I do buy the new games that come out sometimes and give them a play. It's not the same though really. I preferred Digimon, TV series wise. Did you ever collect Pokemon cards? lol

How's your weekend been?
    Yup :proud: I haven't dared to try it with a 100h game though! It's the question that boggles me.. There's a unique touch to it I guess. I've got the same problem with a few other games.

I've never played it, but I do want Kingdom Hearts 3 on the PS4 though. It doesn't release until December 31st, so chances are I won't be getting it until I graduate. Same problem with World of Final Fantasy, won't be getting that until I graduate either. If it's a game from Sqex I can expect it to be a little time consuming, and depending on how this group project pans out I may need to milk as many marks next year as possible.

Most MMOs I've come across generally have a pretty good life span. Not entirely sure about Onigiri though.

Yeah, In many respects I'd say Pokemon does die out a little as you get older, for me anyway. But still, Pika!! Same case with Yu Gi Oh. If I had to say I consider One Piece to be the replacement for me now! No I haven't touched X/Y, isn't that like 6th gen? Can comfortably say though remembering the title is something difficult! Yeah I had a few, but I wasn't like a hardcore collector. Had a guy at our school, a year above us, he was a pretty crazy collector, and he lent them out or something and never got them back.. He was pretty hurt by it if I do recall.

Well aside from being on here, spent most of it on Battlefield, trying to get some good sniper shots. No idea why, but I won't have plans to start a new game until Thursday, so I suppose that's the reason, and earlier on the weekend I did manage to complete (platinum) Type-0 on my other profile. Had a weekly lab report to do earlier today which was tedious, but it's over now. Overall I'd say.. Normal

How about yours?

ReputationRep:
    Yup :proud: I haven't dared to try it with a 100h game though! It's the question that boggles me.. There's a unique touch to it I guess. I've got the same problem with a few other games.

I've never played it, but I do want Kingdom Hearts 3 on the PS4 though. It doesn't release until December 31st, so chances are I won't be getting it until I graduate. Same problem with World of Final Fantasy, won't be getting that until I graduate either. If it's a game from Sqex I can expect it to be a little time consuming, and depending on how this group project pans out I may need to milk as many marks next year as possible.

Most MMOs I've come across generally have a pretty good life span. Not entirely sure about Onigiri though.

Yeah, In many respects I'd say Pokemon does die out a little as you get older, for me anyway. But still, Pika!! Same case with Yu Gi Oh. If I had to say I consider One Piece to be the replacement for me now! No I haven't touched X/Y, isn't that like 6th gen? Can comfortably say though remembering the title is something difficult! Yeah I had a few, but I wasn't like a hardcore collector. Had a guy at our school, a year above us, he was a pretty crazy collector, and he lent them out or something and never got them back.. He was pretty hurt by it if I do recall.

Well aside from being on here, spent most of it on Battlefield, trying to get some good sniper shots. No idea why, but I won't have plans to start a new game until Thursday, so I suppose that's the reason, and earlier on the weekend I did manage to complete (platinum) Type-0 on my other profile. Had a weekly lab report to do earlier today which was tedious, but it's over now. Overall I'd say.. Normal

How about yours?
    Surely that wouldn't even be possible! FFX and X-2 are well over 100 hours if you're going for complete completion. There's a lot of faffing around with celestial weapons and outfits.

Noo, what? They're so good though! Haha woah planning games over a year in advance now, you loon. :lol:

Who's your favourite Pokemon? Yeah it surely does, you just grow up innit? Plus it's hella time consuming training and catching them all. Oh gosh no, you watch One Piece? That shet is long! No idea what gen X/Y is, I barely remember the game itself but I know I played it, lol. What's the last gen you played? Black/White was awful. What idiot lends their Pokemon cards out, like what a fool.

Whatchu playing Thursday? Congrats on completing Type-0 (again?). A lab report, ey? Haha anyone would think gaming was your work and your work was your hobby.

Mine was okay, I didn't get too much done tbh. Actually I got nothing done, but it's the weekend so who cares!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.