Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Surely that wouldn't even be possible! FFX and X-2 are well over 100 hours if you're going for complete completion. There's a lot of faffing around with celestial weapons and outfits.

Noo, what? They're so good though! Haha woah planning games over a year in advance now, you loon. :lol:

Who's your favourite Pokemon? Yeah it surely does, you just grow up innit? Plus it's hella time consuming training and catching them all. Oh gosh no, you watch One Piece? That shet is long! No idea what gen X/Y is, I barely remember the game itself but I know I played it, lol. What's the last gen you played? Black/White was awful. What idiot lends their Pokemon cards out, like what a fool.

Whatchu playing Thursday? Congrats on completing Type-0 (again?). A lab report, ey? Haha anyone would think gaming was your work and your work was your hobby.

Mine was okay, I didn't get too much done tbh. Actually I got nothing done, but it's the weekend so who cares!
    By completion I mean platinum trophy. Which I don't think includes celestial weapons. Though if I like the game enough I will go for everything.

Haha, I just find it easier to keep track of what's coming out, and when it's coming out. Otherwise I completely forget about the game.

My favourite, probably Froslass. I remembered the appearance and forgot the name, so I needed to Google the pokemon, admittedly. My god, tell me about it, I'm starting to speculate what comes first; the current arc ends, or whether I get my marks for Data Communications. This is the only bad thing about series like One Piece and Fairy Tail, they just end up dragging it so they can cut the arc when most seasons end. It was a nightmare catching up!!!! Probably Third gen. Not sure what cards he had, or how many to be honest, but judging my his reaction I take it pretty good.

Well since I finish afternoon, I'll probably end up smacking out Battlefield. Then complete Hyperdimension ReBirth;3 and Action Unleashed, then move on to Lost Songs after, which I'd say would be a well spent Easter! Thanks! Even though it's incredibly short, I still find the ending amazing, first time completing it, the emotions got intense! Yeah, a lab report :huff: Haha, I think like it is sometimes, but work this year has been easy, just time consuming, especially programming which I had last semester!

Best way to look at it! :gthumb: Depending on the module, I struggle to do uni related work over the weekend! Last year was a nightmare in fact, since the marks didn't count towards the classification, it did feel like gaming is the job, work is the hobby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    By completion I mean platinum trophy. Which I don't think includes celestial weapons. Though if I like the game enough I will go for everything.

Haha, I just find it easier to keep track of what's coming out, and when it's coming out. Otherwise I completely forget about the game.

My favourite, probably Froslass. I remembered the appearance and forgot the name, so I needed to Google the pokemon, admittedly. My god, tell me about it, I'm starting to speculate what comes first; the current arc ends, or whether I get my marks for Data Communications. This is the only bad thing about series like One Piece and Fairy Tail, they just end up dragging it so they can cut the arc when most seasons end. It was a nightmare catching up!!!! Probably Third gen. Not sure what cards he had, or how many to be honest, but judging my his reaction I take it pretty good.

Well since I finish afternoon, I'll probably end up smacking out Battlefield. Then complete Hyperdimension ReBirth;3 and Action Unleashed, then move on to Lost Songs after, which I'd say would be a well spent Easter! Thanks! Even though it's incredibly short, I still find the ending amazing, first time completing it, the emotions got intense! Yeah, a lab report :huff: Haha, I think like it is sometimes, but work this year has been easy, just time consuming, especially programming which I had last semester!

Best way to look at it! :gthumb: Depending on the module, I struggle to do uni related work over the weekend! Last year was a nightmare in fact, since the marks didn't count towards the classification, it did feel like gaming is the job, work is the hobby!
    Not too sure how the trophy system works on PS4 tbh. Why Froslass? haha I couldn't remember him either, had to look him up. I'm not a fan of them hella long anime, ain't nobody got time for dattt (except maybe you!) Third Gen was Ruby/Sapphire right? I used to have Shiny Scizor Pokemon card, I was le bomb.

I keep forgetting its Easter break and wondering why everyone isn't in school and has all this free time. :facepalm: Sounds like a plan, tho! I need to get back on Skyrim, it's been a few weeks and I'm at risk of forgetting wtf I was doing. What kinda lab report you gotta do for Computer Networking? *clueless* Good that it's been easy then! Finding time can be so hard tho.

Yeah, I can see my first two years being a bit like that.. No classification comes from it and it doesn't count towards my end result so I can see myself scraping by like a fool. Well, technically, since you're doing Computer Networking & Security I'm sure you could call it "research".. since.. *ahem*.. you're totally testing out the security systems on the PS4 right? And, and the networking stuff. I mean it all makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure how the trophy system works on PS4 tbh. Why Froslass? haha I couldn't remember him either, had to look him up. I'm not a fan of them hella long anime, ain't nobody got time for dattt (except maybe you!) Third Gen was Ruby/Sapphire right? I used to have Shiny Scizor Pokemon card, I was le bomb.

I keep forgetting its Easter break and wondering why everyone isn't in school and has all this free time. :facepalm: Sounds like a plan, tho! I need to get back on Skyrim, it's been a few weeks and I'm at risk of forgetting wtf I was doing. What kinda lab report you gotta do for Computer Networking? *clueless* Good that it's been easy then! Finding time can be so hard tho.

Yeah, I can see my first two years being a bit like that.. No classification comes from it and it doesn't count towards my end result so I can see myself scraping by like a fool. Well, technically, since you're doing Computer Networking & Security I'm sure you could call it "research".. since.. *ahem*.. you're totally testing out the security systems on the PS4 right? And, and the networking stuff. I mean it all makes sense.
    Looks like a kimono and other reasons I can't really remember due to it being agess!! Aye Ruby was third generation. I'd play a Pokemon game again if they released it on PS4 or Vita, but seems they're only interested in the Nintendo. 5 month holidays do that to you!!

I find around about this time to be the most intense tbh.. But that's just me I suppose. Ohh, we get weekly tasks to do in lab sessions that involve working with servers, each week we need to document what we done, and a very small 150+ word section on the technologies. In the case of last week we ended up moving over from Windows Server to Fedora, so it was pretty boring. Think this week is Apache.

I'd imagine you'd be fine getting the standard 2:1. I like that line of thinking!!! :gthumb: I just look at the first year as the opportunity to settle in. I'd learn the content, but I wouldn't sweat blood trying to get top marks or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a kimono and other reasons I can't really remember due to it being agess!! Aye Ruby was third generation. I'd play a Pokemon game again if they released it on PS4 or Vita, but seems they're only interested in the Nintendo. 5 month holidays do that to you!!

I find around about this time to be the most intense tbh.. But that's just me I suppose. Ohh, we get weekly tasks to do in lab sessions that involve working with servers, each week we need to document what we done, and a very small 150+ word section on the technologies. In the case of last week we ended up moving over from Windows Server to Fedora, so it was pretty boring. Think this week is Apache.

I'd imagine you'd be fine getting the standard 2:1. I like that line of thinking!!! :gthumb: I just look at the first year as the opportunity to settle in. I'd learn the content, but I wouldn't sweat blood trying to get top marks or anything.
    Haha fair enough! Do you have a 3DS? I think you do right? You're such a PlayStation nerd haha.

Hmm, is that cause of end of year and exams etc? Do you have exams for your degree? Geez, I wouldn't have thought computer networking was that intense and full on tbh, but then I don't even really know what it means so there's that. What on earth is Fedora and Apache? OS'?

Should be! *hopes* I'm a terrible procrastinator so we shall see! My degree is four years long so thankfully won't have to really knuckle down like crazy til year three. Haha, tis the best line of thinking! Today has been such a write off, it's almost 5pm already where has the day gone?! *shakes you*

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair enough! Do you have a 3DS? I think you do right? You're such a PlayStation nerd haha.

Hmm, is that cause of end of year and exams etc? Do you have exams for your degree? Geez, I wouldn't have thought computer networking was that intense and full on tbh, but then I don't even really know what it means so there's that. What on earth is Fedora and Apache? OS'?

Should be! *hopes* I'm a terrible procrastinator so we shall see! My degree is four years long so thankfully won't have to really knuckle down like crazy til year three. Haha, tis the best line of thinking! Today has been such a write off, it's almost 5pm already where has the day gone?! *shakes you*
    Nope, I used to have one.. Think I broke it though!

Yeah we have exams, just this second semester hasn't really had any exams, aside from the one last week. The networking exam was something else!!! Fedora is an operating system, and Apache is a web server!

Lucky!! Wish I wouldn't need to knuckle down! I'm wondering where my day has gone?!?!? I literally got home dead and fell asleep!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I used to have one.. Think I broke it though!

Yeah we have exams, just this second semester hasn't really had any exams, aside from the one last week. The networking exam was something else!!! Fedora is an operating system, and Apache is a web server!

Lucky!! Wish I wouldn't need to knuckle down! I'm wondering where my day has gone?!?!? I literally got home dead and fell asleep!
    Nooo whaaattt, RIP 3DS.

Most of your exams next semester then? Haha oh no, was it really hard? Ooh right right, gotcha!

Got home? Where did you go? You're on Easter break, stay home all day! I'm the opposite tho, wish I could will myself to knuckle down and get something done. I'm procrastinating charging my Kindle up atm, das how bad it's got.

ReputationRep:
    Nooo whaaattt, RIP 3DS.

Most of your exams next semester then? Haha oh no, was it really hard? Ooh right right, gotcha!

Got home? Where did you go? You're on Easter break, stay home all day! I'm the opposite tho, wish I could will myself to knuckle down and get something done. I'm procrastinating charging my Kindle up atm, das how bad it's got.
    Yup :sad:

They were last semester. No it wasn't hard, but god damn it involved an immense amount of writing.

Went to uni. Easter holiday starts Thursday. Given the opportunity I would stay at home! It's that time of year though, even those it can be intense, just can't help but sit back and chill. Got like 3 reports still to do, all of which are due in a few weeks time. Still can't help myself though, falling asleep, waking up, doing nothing. I intend to skip out of studying tonight! Wish The Originals wasn't on a break until April :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yup :sad:

They were last semester. No it wasn't hard, but god damn it involved an immense amount of writing.

Went to uni. Easter holiday starts Thursday. Given the opportunity I would stay at home! It's that time of year though, even those it can be intense, just can't help but sit back and chill. Got like 3 reports still to do, all of which are due in a few weeks time. Still can't help myself though, falling asleep, waking up, doing nothing. I intend to skip out of studying tonight! Wish The Originals wasn't on a break until April :sad:
    Oooh so all your exams out the way now then?

Three?! :wtf: Man, I am not looking forward to uni. That's my life rn pretty much; wake up, procrastinate work, go to sleep, repeat.

Originals? That's about vampires right?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh so all your exams out the way now then?

Three?! :wtf: Man, I am not looking forward to uni. That's my life rn pretty much; wake up, procrastinate work, go to sleep, repeat.

Originals? That's about vampires right?
    Yeah!!

Yeah, though it probably isn't as bad as it sounds. I hope!

Aye it's about vampires. Don't like Twilight though. As for Vampire Diaries, it's sister, I like it but not as much as The Originals anyway!

Did you hear, Xbox are looking into cross play. Don't know if this means the possibility of XIV on Xbox or not. But a few peeps on a Playstation forum are concerned about being in lobbies/games with Xbox peeps. As far as I'm aware it's Windows 10 cross play with other networks having invitation!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!!

Yeah, though it probably isn't as bad as it sounds. I hope!

Aye it's about vampires. Don't like Twilight though. As for Vampire Diaries, it's sister, I like it but not as much as The Originals anyway!

Did you hear, Xbox are looking into cross play. Don't know if this means the possibility of XIV on Xbox or not. But a few peeps on a Playstation forum are concerned about being in lobbies/games with Xbox peeps. As far as I'm aware it's Windows 10 cross play with other networks having invitation!
    Lucky!!

Is Vampire Diaries any good? Is True Blood related in any way? I haven't seen any of the vampire shows that came out in the wake of Twilight, pretty much avoided them all tbh.

Oooh really?! Haha PS4 peeps would be moaning about that. Is there any news on if PS4 are doing backwards compatibility yet? I'm *fairly* sure I remember there being talk of it some time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky!!

Is Vampire Diaries any good? Is True Blood related in any way? I haven't seen any of the vampire shows that came out in the wake of Twilight, pretty much avoided them all tbh.

Oooh really?! Haha PS4 peeps would be moaning about that. Is there any news on if PS4 are doing backwards compatibility yet? I'm *fairly* sure I remember there being talk of it some time ago.
    I liked it initially, but started to get a little bored, dunno if it's because of watching like 6 seasons or what! As for True Blood, never heard of it tbh. My ex got me into Vampire Diaries, then I found The Originals randomly!

Yeah, and not that I've heard, but you can play a selection (Around 300 games) of Playstation 3 games on the PS4 via Playstation Now (Need a good connection though).. That might be the talk people went on about.

Also news of the Playstation VR! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I liked it initially, but started to get a little bored, dunno if it's because of watching like 6 seasons or what! As for True Blood, never heard of it tbh. My ex got me into Vampire Diaries, then I found The Originals randomly!

Yeah, and not that I've heard, but you can play a selection (Around 300 games) of Playstation 3 games on the PS4 via Playstation Now (Need a good connection though).. That might be the talk people went on about.

Also news of the Playstation VR! :grin:
    True Blood is meant to be similar, but they all just merge into one for me. Would you say you need to have seen VD to watch Originals? I'd consider watching the latter but not at all interested in VD tbh!

Ah damnit, I really want my PS3 copy of FFX/X-2 HD to actually get some use. :sad: Might just have to sell it on.

Wha-? Really??

ReputationRep:
    True Blood is meant to be similar, but they all just merge into one for me. Would you say you need to have seen VD to watch Originals? I'd consider watching the latter but not at all interested in VD tbh!

Ah damnit, I really want my PS3 copy of FFX/X-2 HD to actually get some use. :sad: Might just have to sell it on.

Wha-? Really??
    No, I don't find it necessary to watch VD before looking at TO. Although some of the cast from TO do appear on VD but only for like 2-3 episodes.

You won't find any use for it if you won't be getting a PS3. You'd probably get some cash on it, since it's still like £25 on the PS3. Cheaper on the PS4 strangely enough.

Yeah it's meant to be around the same price as a brand new console. Saw it on forum yesterday. Seems that all the existing titles on the Playstation 4 can be played via the Playstation Virtual Reality. As cool as it looks, it still seems strange :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't find it necessary to watch VD before looking at TO. Although some of the cast from TO do appear on VD but only for like 2-3 episodes.

You won't find any use for it if you won't be getting a PS3. You'd probably get some cash on it, since it's still like £25 on the PS3. Cheaper on the PS4 strangely enough.

Yeah it's meant to be around the same price as a brand new console. Saw it on forum yesterday. Seems that all the existing titles on the Playstation 4 can be played via the Playstation Virtual Reality. As cool as it looks, it still seems strange :confused:
    That's good, I might give it a watch then. I have a few things on my list already though, far too many good shows about lately.

Gah, I guess that's the best option really. It's Collectors Edition with artwork and shizz with it so I was really hoping to hold on to it. it's literally useless to me though.

As much as a new console?!! Is it going to be just a strap-it-on-your-head job? How can they make games already released be compatible? Woow so many questions haha I don't get it! They can do one though for that kind of price.

ReputationRep:
    That's good, I might give it a watch then. I have a few things on my list already though, far too many good shows about lately.

Gah, I guess that's the best option really. It's Collectors Edition with artwork and shizz with it so I was really hoping to hold on to it. it's literally useless to me though.

As much as a new console?!! Is it going to be just a strap-it-on-your-head job? How can they make games already released be compatible? Woow so many questions haha I don't get it! They can do one though for that kind of price.
    Definitely worth it if you get the time, only 3 seasons out thus far anyway!

You could hold on to it for keepsake, or just keep the artwork, hand in the disk and maybe the games case. It's what I'd do. But there's never ever been a game that has driven me to buy a collectors or limited edition!

From what I've seen it's a strap on the head type thing with a Playstation Camera from motion tracking probably. I probably wouldn't go as far out as say about compatibility with a game being a factor. I reckon some of it is probably mapping the controls to the VR, like walking. I've only heard it from GameSpot. Personally, even if they do all work, there's probably on a select few games where the VR would be even remotely good.

ReputationRep:
    http://research.millisecond.com/moss...vs.NonGame.web Has anyone ever played World of Warcraft??? if you have or know anyone who has PLEASE take 10 minutes to help fill in a questionnaire for my dissertationThank You!!!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely worth it if you get the time, only 3 seasons out thus far anyway!

You could hold on to it for keepsake, or just keep the artwork, hand in the disk and maybe the games case. It's what I'd do. But there's never ever been a game that has driven me to buy a collectors or limited edition!

From what I've seen it's a strap on the head type thing with a Playstation Camera from motion tracking probably. I probably wouldn't go as far out as say about compatibility with a game being a factor. I reckon some of it is probably mapping the controls to the VR, like walking. I've only heard it from GameSpot. Personally, even if they do all work, there's probably on a select few games where the VR would be even remotely good.
    Three seasons isn't too bad tbh. Certainly manageable. Do you watch the Walking Dead?

True, I could just keep the art work. It's in a fancy box too though and aaggh, why did I even buy it without having a PS3?! :facepalm: It was actually not that much more than the regular game at the time that I bought it for some reason, so I thought why not!

Doesn't seem worth it then tbh. It's like getting a 3D TV when barely any movies or programs are actually in 3D right now. There will be some fools with too much money to throw around that will buy it though I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    Three seasons isn't too bad tbh. Certainly manageable. Do you watch the Walking Dead?

True, I could just keep the art work. It's in a fancy box too though and aaggh, why did I even buy it without having a PS3?! :facepalm: It was actually not that much more than the regular game at the time that I bought it for some reason, so I thought why not!

Doesn't seem worth it then tbh. It's like getting a 3D TV when barely any movies or programs are actually in 3D right now. There will be some fools with too much money to throw around that will buy it though I suppose!
    Yeah it's definitely manageable. Just bear in mind the episodes are 42 minutes long. I watched the first few episodes a long time ago, but not watched much of it, completely forgot about it. Is it progressing well? Worth getting back to watching it?

I've done that once or twice. Not necessarily a game on a console I don't have, but a game I buy just for the sake of artwork or to build a nice little collection!

Ehh there's always people with money to blow. IMO, I'd rather just spend money getting some good PS3/Vita/PS4 titles as opposed to burning it away buying the VR which I probably get interested enough for at least a few years. In fact, more likely me buying an Xbox One than getting it yet.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PC gamer sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's definitely manageable. Just bear in mind the episodes are 42 minutes long. I watched the first few episodes a long time ago, but not watched much of it, completely forgot about it. Is it progressing well? Worth getting back to watching it?

I've done that once or twice. Not necessarily a game on a console I don't have, but a game I buy just for the sake of artwork or to build a nice little collection!

Ehh there's always people with money to blow. IMO, I'd rather just spend money getting some good PS3/Vita/PS4 titles as opposed to burning it away buying the VR which I probably get interested enough for at least a few years. In fact, more likely me buying an Xbox One than getting it yet.
    42 mins long ain't so bad! How long are the seasons? Walking Dead is progressing really well, definitely worth getting back into I'd say. Season two is a tad slow and requires some patience but it gets amazing from then onwards. It's on season six now but it really does go fast and it keeps you gripped. Do you watch Game of Thrones also?

Haha, not necessarily something quite so illogical as buying a game for a console you don't have eh. It is nice to have a good looking collection, some box art is sw-eeeet! Do you ever buy game guides btw?

Hahaha, not very likely then! I agree though, plus it's probably one of those novelty things that's super awesome at first but give it a few days - a week max and you're kinda just "eeh" about it. I felt a bit like that with my 3DS. Most of the time I kept the 3D off or really low.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.