Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I achieved AAAAAA in my highers and an A at advanced, but these were not in scientific subjects and instead in humanities because I wanted to study english/history etc. The past year I've had a change of heart and taken a year out. I want to study Medicine but don't know the best route to get there and thought that sitting the appropriate highers for medicine e.g bio, chem, maths this year would put me in better stead for a place at medical school - any advice or insight?

ReputationRep:
    You're obviously a very, very capable student, so as long as you sit new highers in relevant subjects, have a host of work experience, and a kick arse PS & reference - I'm sure you'll be fine!

I'm doing the same as you, in a sense. I left high school with 3A's in Higher English, History & Modern Studies, B in Adminstration and a C at AH History. I'm back at college at the moment sitting three new highers in French, Psychology & Maths in order to go to university to study primary teaching.

Just work hard, and keep your eyes set on your goal and you'll get there! Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    You're obviously a very, very capable student, so as long as you sit new highers in relevant subjects, have a host of work experience, and a kick arse PS & reference - I'm sure you'll be fine!

I'm doing the same as you, in a sense. I left high school with 3A's in Higher English, History & Modern Studies, B in Adminstration and a C at AH History. I'm back at college at the moment sitting three new highers in French, Psychology & Maths in order to go to university to study primary teaching.

Just work hard, and keep your eyes set on your goal and you'll get there! Best of luck.
    Aw thank you!

Glad there are other people out there who have had a change of career direction and are studying different subjects after high school!

Good luck to you too!! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.