Hi! My name is Alex and I am currently in the process of applying for a student loan. I have also applied last year but since my application was unsuccessful I had to cancel my application. I am really confused about many things so I am just going to post all my questions here.
1. If I have been living in the UK for the past three and something years, do I automatically qualify for "permanent" residence status? Otherwise, when applying should I select "EU Student"?
2. If I have been living in the UK for the past three years do I qualify for Maintenance Loan as well? I did get maintenance loan when i have applied last year, however I am not sure whether the law has changed since.
3. I know this year I have to provide evidence of my residence in the UK until 24th of March if Ii have been living here for less than five years. Do I need to complete and send any other form when I send this evidence? If yes, where can I find it?
4. What kind of evidence is accepted? Are qualifications certificates and letters from college okay?
5. For the past year my parents haven't been able to support me financially and most likely won't be able to during university. However, I have been supported by a British person (who has been my legal guardian in the UK until the age of 18). When I apply should I put his details or my parents' details?
Really hope Ii can get an answer to all this questions. Thanks!
EU student - been living in the UK for the past three years. Watch
- Thread Starter
- 10-03-2016 01:58
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
- 230 followers
- 2 badges
- Send a private message to Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Offline2ReputationRep:Official TSR Representative
- Official TSR Representative
- 22-03-2016 13:35
If you are an EU national with 3 years residency in the UK, you can apply as a UK home student. The application must be submitted by 24th March, after this date you will require 5 years residency in the UK. We will send you a residency form to complete, you must include evidence of your address for these 3 years which can be utility bills, P60s, school letters.
You would only be able to use your parents information to support the application.