Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My name is Alex and I am currently in the process of applying for a student loan. I have also applied last year but since my application was unsuccessful I had to cancel my application. I am really confused about many things so I am just going to post all my questions here.

1. If I have been living in the UK for the past three and something years, do I automatically qualify for "permanent" residence status? Otherwise, when applying should I select "EU Student"?

2. If I have been living in the UK for the past three years do I qualify for Maintenance Loan as well? I did get maintenance loan when i have applied last year, however I am not sure whether the law has changed since.

3. I know this year I have to provide evidence of my residence in the UK until 24th of March if Ii have been living here for less than five years. Do I need to complete and send any other form when I send this evidence? If yes, where can I find it?

4. What kind of evidence is accepted? Are qualifications certificates and letters from college okay?

5. For the past year my parents haven't been able to support me financially and most likely won't be able to during university. However, I have been supported by a British person (who has been my legal guardian in the UK until the age of 18). When I apply should I put his details or my parents' details?

Really hope Ii can get an answer to all this questions. Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Alextoma95

If you are an EU national with 3 years residency in the UK, you can apply as a UK home student. The application must be submitted by 24th March, after this date you will require 5 years residency in the UK. We will send you a residency form to complete, you must include evidence of your address for these 3 years which can be utility bills, P60s, school letters.
    You would only be able to use your parents information to support the application.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.