Turn on thread page Beta

Life is hard being extroverted watch

We very often see the struggles of introverted people, or people who have social anxiety and etc but never consider the problems that extroverts face.

Times like now, with exams coming up, with more and more responsibilities being added to my plate, life does get pretty miserable. Not being able to afford any social time for academic sake really does take a toll on oneself. I feel so drained, demotivated, sloppy and just generally sad when I have to stay cooped up at home all day, and then have to go work. A2 exams are coming up and I just cant stand the loneliness of being at home. It's so emotionally draining.

Hanging out with friends and GF does a lot to cheer me up, make me feel good about myself and most importantly energised for life.

Its not about missing the drinking and partying and resteraunts and road trips and what not, it's the mental toll it has on me to be alone and lack social time.

And the idea of studying with friends also is out of the question because I can only learn if I study independently, working with other people doesnt help me learn much.

So yeah, probably more of a vent but also some advice is wanted. Very miserable these days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry you're struggling. :hugs:
    I'm an introvert so can't offer any helpful advice, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit like that - but I used to arrange Skype sessions with a couple of my friends during GCSE exam time to help blow off steam. These used to be late at night (12am onwards), and were meant as a combo of discussing revision and gaming. Have you thought of replacing, say, going out, with something like that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I'm a bit like that - but I used to arrange Skype sessions with a couple of my friends during GCSE exam time to help blow off steam. These used to be late at night (12am onwards), and were meant as a combo of discussing revision and gaming. Have you thought of replacing, say, going out, with something like that?
    I did this as well, it really helps!

I'm more of an 'ambivert' in that I switch between extro and intro quite frequently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Life also hard being introvert.

ReputationRep:
    Take away the friends and girlfriend to cheer you up when your struggling and the promise of life getting back to being full of parties and road trips after your exams and you'd be just a little closer to knowing how hard it is being someone with social anxiety...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.