Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been offered a place at both universities and I can't choose between the two at all. I'm quite outgoing and like a good social environment with lots to do and I want somewhere with good facilities where I can experiment with my work, I'm not sure which would be better. My main priority I suppose is getting into the industry and which university can give me a better chance, I know ultimately it's down to the effort I put in but I suppose I'm asking which university would be better for Graphic Design and the overall university experience?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I've looked at both these unis for the same subject as the answer is so so so easy! Manchester met without a shadow of a doubt. Loughborough the building for graphics is actually off campus in a run down block that was originally part of the college. The tutors I saw and spoke to were just horrendous. Very up themselves and not at all down to earth. The actual uni is great for sport but the accommodation is pretty basic and the only decent one is mad expensive. Loughborough it's self is a little market town with no real life meaning the student union has to be relied upon. Looking at Manchester the graphics facilities are in the center of the campus and are part of the new school or art. The building is modern, open and spacious making the idea of working there very appealing. Honestly I can not emphasis enough how good the building is. The uni is compact. The accommodation is decent but nothing amazing. Manchester itself is an incredible student city. You've got an abundance of shops, places to eat and placed to be entertained etc. Plus Manchester has excellent links with the rest of the country. Put all of that together and for me it's a no brainer. Loughborough might look better on paper but Manchester i reckon is the much better uni particularly for graphics! Hope this helps

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.