Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

No History Teacher! Help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm getting a little concerned now ( to put it mildly) that I've had no history teacher for 6 weeks for my AS level and I'm really not sure what to do anymore because school aren't helping at all. Does anyone have good revision things for AS history for EDEXCEL for Route C: Revolutions in early modern and modern Europe? Thank you so much for all your help!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Have you expressed these concerns to your head of year? There are a ton of study and revision resources here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-level-history, hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I would have a look in Easons (do you have those in England?) or on Amazon for revision guides for AS history in Edexcel. Those things are amazing and got me through my work a few years back, they literally walk you through and give examples of answers.

Unfortunately I'm out of touch with the AS level topics having done my work 3 years back and for a different exam board. But I have to say, the situation your school has left you in is completely unacceptable, I would contact your local school board and put in a complaint, and if you don't do as well as you expect, then its on the school. Six weeks with no teaching at this level is out of order!

ReputationRep:
    You should complain about not having your History teacher there. Is there a reason for not having one? Have they just been off sick for quite a while or? Either way it needs to be sorted because it's always best to have a teacher to go back to rather than having to do it all alone. I had a similar experience with a teacher, when some of the students complained to their tutors in college then we were given a new teacher who wasn't as busy.

ReputationRep:
    Heya Guys, Thanks for your help I'm (very) relieved to say that she is back now and we're carrying on again Thank you guys again!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.