Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up Watch

ReputationRep:
    FrenchUnicorn thank you for tagging me! I very interesting read as usual I can see what you mean about working so hard and then not knowing what to do in the holidays. I am looking forward to your next post! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    x
    I'm glad you're in a great mood Licorne! :jive: :heart:
    That was another fantastic post and you wrote it really well. It kept me really interested the whole way through, as your other posts have done. Just so you know, I was not laughing when you were talking about discovering life again - I understand what you mean.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Only two main mistakes I noticed! :dance:
    It's either 'you're used to having no life' or 'you used to have no life' not 'you're used to have no life'
    It's 'to start again on the 10th September' not 'to start again the 10th September' (but this is a very minor mistake)

(Original post by Amellia123)
    FrenchUnicorn thank you for tagging me! I very interesting read as usual I can see what you mean about working so hard and then not knowing what to do in the holidays. I am looking forward to your next post! :hugs:
    Thanks Amellia it means a lot :love: :heart:

[QUOTE=Matrix123;64155123]
    xQUOTE]
    I'm glad you're in a great mood Licorne! :jive: :heart:
    That was another fantastic post and you wrote it really well. It kept me really interested the whole way through, as your other posts have done. Just so you know, I was not laughing when you were talking about discovering life again - I understand what you mean.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Only two main mistakes I noticed! :dance:
    It's either 'you're used to having no life' or 'you used to have no life' not 'you're used to have no life'
    It's 'to start again on the 10th September' not 'to start again the 10th September' (but this is a very minor mistake)
    Awww thank youuu !! Hope you're good as well :jive:

Thanks again for correcting, I'm glad I did only 2 mistakes !! I'll edit right now :yep: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=FrenchUnicorn;64155187]Thanks Amellia it means a lot :love: :heart:

(Original post by Matrix123)
    Awww thank youuu !! Hope you're good as well :jive:

Thanks again for correcting, I'm glad I did only 2 mistakes !! I'll edit right now :yep: :hugs:
    You're welcome. Yes, I'm in a good mood too :jive:

De rien! Yes, you're improving :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Aww FrenchUnicorn thank you so much for tagging me. As usual, this tugged on my heart strings and I just feel like giving you a hug.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    Aww FrenchUnicorn thank you so much for tagging me. As usual, this tugged on my heart strings and I just feel like giving you a hug.
    You're adorable :jumphug: :love:

FrenchUnicorn :lovehug: As usual it is amazing

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    FrenchUnicorn :lovehug: As usual it is amazing
    Thank youuu :lovehug: :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    You're adorable :jumphug: :love:
    Now we know who is the adorable one, you thanks to you I earnt my level three Clever Clogs badge.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    Now we know who is the adorable one, you thanks to you I earnt my level three Clever Clogs badge.
    Awww :blush: thank you :heart:
    Woohoooooo ! :excited: :jive: :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Awww :blush: thank you :heart:
    Woohoooooo ! :excited: :jive: :dance:
    I dont get it. youre repeating first year?

yeh remind me of a frenchie I know....of any frenchie I know tbh....maybe the stereotypes are true

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    maybe the stereotypes are true
    Stereotypes of French people are always true. They all eat stinky cheese. :yep:

I dont get it. youre repeating first year?

yeh remind me of a frenchie I know....of any frenchie I know tbh....maybe the stereotypes are true
    I did. Did you read the whole blog ? In France selection occurs during the 1st year. We are 2500 and only 331 can continue to year 2
    Awful lol

The french stereotypes are true I think lol

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Stereotypes of French people are always true. They all eat stinky cheese. :yep:
    Did someone say CHEEEEESE ? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I did. Did you read the whole blog ? In France selection occurs during the 1st year. We are 2500 and only 331 can continue to year 2
    Awful lol

The french stereotypes are true I think lol

Did someone say CHEEEEESE ? :ahee:
    so if yeh fail first year for a second time youll head to prague. grand. thats determination. I hope yeh get what yeh want eventually.

so if yeh fail first year for a second time youll head to prague. grand. thats determination. I hope yeh get what yeh want eventually.
    Yep. I actually get a place for dentistery school, pharma school, midwifery and physio. But instead of continue to do one of those I dropped out to apply abroad. Don't wanna live my life in a default option.
    And thanks ^.^ !

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I actually get a place for dentistery school, pharma school, midwifery and physio. But instead of continue to do one of those I dropped out to apply abroad. Don't wanna live my life in a default option.
    And thanks ^.^ !
    yep I know a mate who wants it as well. he's not sure whether hell go to somewhere like prague or if hell do gradmed in UK/Ireland.

yep I know a mate who wants it as well. he's not sure whether hell go to somewhere like prague or if hell do gradmed in UK/Ireland.
    I applied to UK actually, but I got rejected. At 1st they were like " aw interesting student" then I had to tell I failed a med course lol. They threw me away :' )

I applied to UK actually, but I got rejected. At 1st they were like " aw interesting student" then I had to tell I failed a med course lol. They threw me away :' )
    A lot of UK medical schools have that policy for reasons that I don't quite know. :dontknow: And it's not just a medicine course -- they won't take you if you've dropped out/failed any university course. It does seem a bit absolutist and cruel. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    A lot of UK medical schools have that policy for reasons that I don't quite know. :dontknow: And it's not just a medicine course -- they won't take you if you've dropped out/failed any university course. It does seem a bit absolutist and cruel. :moon:
    are yeh french too? its only fair given the competition

are yeh french too? its only fair given the competition
    No, I'm British. :3 And no, I don't think it's fair to be absolute about it. One could have dropped out/failed for any number of reasons out of one's control.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.