Turn on thread page Beta

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    No, I'm British. :3 And no, I don't think it's fair to be absolute about it. One could have dropped out/failed for any number of reasons out of one's control.
    Thats the way it works for A-levels in failing or not achieving so dont see the difference although yes dropping out is a little more circumstantial

A lot of UK medical schools have that policy for reasons that I don't quite know. :dontknow: And it's not just a medicine course -- they won't take you if you've dropped out/failed any university course. It does seem a bit absolutist and cruel. :moon:
    Yep :/ it was different in the past ! I have a friend (he is 27 right now tho ) who failed med in Paris like me and was admitted to King's College. He told me to apply, which I did. They found me interesting etc, then I had to tell them were I come from lol, and they were like "errrrm"

No, I'm British. :3 And no, I don't think it's fair to be absolute about it. One could have dropped out/failed for any number of reasons out of one's control.
    True. And I know what I'm talking about lol !

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Thats the way it works for A-levels in failing or not achieving so dont see the difference although yes dropping out is a little more circumstantial
    Most medical schools do allow for extenuating circumstances, though. Obviously, it has to be something more serious than, 'I overslept and they didn't give me extra time at the end', but the provision exists, whereas it doesn't exist for dropouts for any reason whatever.

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Yep :/ it was different in the past ! I have a friend (he is 27 right now tho ) who failed med in Paris like me and was admitted to King's College. He told me to apply, which I did. They found me interesting etc, then I had to tell them were I come from lol, and they were like "errrrm"
    Did your friend tell the people at King's that he'd failed? These things can be easy to hide for international students...

Did your friend tell the people at King's that he'd failed? These things can be easy to hide for international students...
    He did !
    And I didn't know I could lie about it LOL ! Whatever it's okay because it would have been for 2017 , and I don't wanna wait :3

He did !
    And I didn't know I could lie about it LOL ! Whatever it's okay because it would have been for 2017 , and I don't wanna wait :3
    You're not supposed to, but it's supposedly harder for international students to get caught because, unlike British students, there doesn't exist a national database somewhere with all their academic records against which applications can be checked. Still, one shouldn't do it because medicine is one of those professions that, even if you eventually became a big-shot in the international doctors' community, they could still, after all those years, revoke your licence for one little lie you told at the start. :O

Impatient unicorn.

You're not supposed to, but it's supposedly harder for international students to get caught because, unlike British students, there doesn't exist a national database somewhere with all their academic records against which applications can be checked.

Impatient unicorn.
    Evil Hydeman :eek3: ! You know it's good to know, because I have a friend who wants to apply to UK. - she failed med as well - I'll tell her to hyde her failure :innocent:

Yes I am :mmm: - put spoiler here if you wanna be cool -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    where is Perry ?

Still, one shouldn't do it because medicine is one of those professions that, even if you eventually became a big-shot in the international doctors' community, they could still, after all those years, revoke your licence for one little lie you told at the start. :O
    Hahahahaha ! I replied before I could see your edit :' )

Evil Hydeman :eek3: ! You know it's good to know, because I have a friend who wants to apply to UK. - she failed med as well - I'll tell her to hyde her failure :innocent:
    Don't. See my edit.

Yes I am :mmm: - put spoiler here if you wanna be cool -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    where is Perry ?
    I'm happily uncool.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably playing hide and seek.

Don't. See my edit.

I'm happily uncool.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably playing hide and seek.
    You're not uncool :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    playing Hyde you mean ? :innocent:

You're not uncool :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    playing Hyde you mean ? :innocent:
    Oh, yes I am. :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show
    You've gotta stop this. :rofl:

Oh, yes I am. :moon:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You've gotta stop this. :rofl:
    Awww I didn't know you were Jekyll tonight !
    Spoiler:
    Show
    okay :mmm:

Awww I didn't know you were Jekyll tonight !
    Spoiler:
    Show
    okay :mmm:
    Hydes can be boring, too. :lol:

Hydes can be boring, too. :lol:
    PRSOM
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Wow

(Original post by Andy98)
    Wow
    Such a detailed comment.

(Original post by Andy98)
    Wow
    From you I know it's a compliment, thanks :lovehug:

Such a detailed comment.
    Was about to say it haha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ahee:

Was about to say it haha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ahee:
    You know what they say about great minds.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Vide, peu de licorne! :teeth:

You know what they say about great minds.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Vide, peu de licorne! :teeth:
    Indeed, indeed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    whyyyy why why so much emptiness :cry2: t'as parlé françaaaais :ahee:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Such a detailed comment.
    Of course

From you I know it's a compliment, thanks :lovehug:
    It's OK

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.