Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    it is a pity you don't practise what you preach, then. It would have been more sensible to research the religion thoroughly before becoming an adherent. You might be surprised when you get to the nasty bits in the Koran and find out a bit more about what it really means.
    Ah, but context, my dear friend. There's always a moral context for apostasy and murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    That's your opinion too.
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    No, it isn't.
    Also your opinion.
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Nope.
    You're opinion.
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    No. I'm Good bloke. You are twelve.
    Also your opinion.

Damn spelling errors. XD
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I think Longshot is actually a Christian.
    Same argument applies.

Actually, it makes sense now. That video was so ill-informed, on so many levels, that not even the most dogmatic of Muslim apologists would have posted it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Same argument applies.

Actually, it makes sense now. That video was so ill-informed, on so many levels, that not even the most dogmatic of Muslim apologists would have posted it!
    Your views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussm)
    Muslim*
    In Arabic, vowels are a tricky issue. Also,some do not correspond exactly to "Latin" vowels . For this reason, the "prophet" may be called. alternatively, Muhammad, Mohammed, Mahmud, Mahomed, or even Ahmed etc etc

As to "Moslem", its use in English is both strongly attested and accepted http://www.dictionary.com/browse/moslem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    Tbh anyone who claims to support both gay rights + feminism and traditional religion, is nothing more than a braindead moron who should be locked up for their own protection.
    Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight, you have this video saying "10 Lies You Were Told About Islam" and the very first rebuttal cites a study which asks a loaded question, "what do you admire most about the West?", which implies you have to give an answer? Look, I'm sure there are many misconceptions about Islam but being deceptive and cagey in addressing them doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    Tbh anyone who claims to support both gay rights + feminism and traditional religion, is nothing more than a braindead moron who should be locked up for their own protection.
    You could also then say that about someone who can't think out of the box

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.