Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

On a break because he doesn't know if he loves me. Watch

Bear with me here, there's a bit of a story.

We met online over a year ago now, we instantly clicked and very quickly admitted we'd happily go on a date with eachother if we could (we live in different countries, although do share the same time zone and are relativly close to each other.). Every now and again we'd talk about a relationship but agree that we wouldn't be up for trying it until we met each other. After 7 months i went on a holiday over there and although he was wary about the long distance, he decided I was worth it and we started dating around July time. We visited back and forth a few times, and went through a patch where due to his internet problems. After he was here for 16 days after christmas (where we got on amazingly and everything seemed perfect.) he admitted a week later he'd been having doubts before he came, they'd gone away while he was here but now they were back. He hoped it was just a kickback to leaving me after being with me for so long and after a few days decided he did love me and wanted to be with me and we were okay again. A few weeks before I was due to go over there (and only days after i'd booked the tickets) he admitted to having doubts again and that even though he'd never cheat on me, he did find himself wanting to have sex with other people. After a few days he again decided he loved me, and that an open relationship (which i'd been tying to work out if i could be okay with) was definetly not what he needed right now. When I was over we had a low moment where he admitted he still was having doubts, but we agreed to still act like we were in a relationship for the weekend at least, (he didn't want to make a decision till he was in a better head space as he has a lot going on in his life right now.) the next day we had a really good heart to heart where he opened up about what was upsetting him in his life, and we seemed okay again. When I got on the bus to the airport the next day he couldn't even watch it go and he sent me a message saying "love you" before i'd even managed to get to my phone. Then a few days after i got back the doubts started for him again and he wanted to break up because he doesn't know if i'm right for him, if he loves me, if he wants a relationship right now or if he's right for me. I asked if he wanted to take a break and he jumped on it, so for the last week and for one more week we're on a break and can't talk. I know I love him, I just don't know what's going on with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

We met online over a year ago now, we instantly clicked and very quickly admitted we'd happily go on a date with eachother if we could (we live in different countries, although do share the same time zone and are relativly close to each other.). Every now and again we'd talk about a relationship but agree that we wouldn't be up for trying it until we met each other. After 7 months i went on a holiday over there and although he was wary about the long distance, he decided I was worth it and we started dating around July time. We visited back and forth a few times, and went through a patch where due to his internet problems. After he was here for 16 days after christmas (where we got on amazingly and everything seemed perfect.) he admitted a week later he'd been having doubts before he came, they'd gone away while he was here but now they were back. He hoped it was just a kickback to leaving me after being with me for so long and after a few days decided he did love me and wanted to be with me and we were okay again. A few weeks before I was due to go over there (and only days after i'd booked the tickets) he admitted to having doubts again and that even though he'd never cheat on me, he did find himself wanting to have sex with other people. After a few days he again decided he loved me, and that an open relationship (which i'd been tying to work out if i could be okay with) was definetly not what he needed right now. When I was over we had a low moment where he admitted he still was having doubts, but we agreed to still act like we were in a relationship for the weekend at least, (he didn't want to make a decision till he was in a better head space as he has a lot going on in his life right now.) the next day we had a really good heart to heart where he opened up about what was upsetting him in his life, and we seemed okay again. When I got on the bus to the airport the next day he couldn't even watch it go and he sent me a message saying "love you" before i'd even managed to get to my phone. Then a few days after i got back the doubts started for him again and he wanted to break up because he doesn't know if i'm right for him, if he loves me, if he wants a relationship right now or if he's right for me. I asked if he wanted to take a break and he jumped on it, so for the last week and for one more week we're on a break and can't talk. I know I love him, I just don't know what's going on with him?
    He's a waste of your time and he is going to break your heart. Leave him.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to quit being an indecisive mess and make up his mind or you'll do it for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

If he really loves you, he will never ever doubt about his relationship. Yeah, I agree, he will just break your heart.

ReputationRep:
    personally i couldnt date someone in a different country. too many variables that could go wrong

ReputationRep:
    Let him be. It's childish, one minute he likes you the next no. Find somebody who'll not play with your heart.

ReputationRep:
    You've been together for a long time and still he's unsure of his feelings. He's playing with your feelings and stringing you along. Leave him and find someone who respects you enough to not mess you around. He'll break your heart if you let him carry on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.