Top 5 universities with the most ducks

Watch this thread
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Duck density.org.uk lists the top UK universities with the highest duck density.

York dominates the table with a DD (duck density) of 14.5.

Leeds comes second with a DD of 6.7, followed by Roehampton with a DD of 3.1

Here's the top five:

1) York, 14.5
2) Leeds, 6.7
3) Roehampton, 3.1
4) East Anglia, 2.8
5) Nottingham, 1.4
PQ
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
It's a fix!
http://duckdensity.org.uk/origins
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Ay up me duck!

I've been saying for years that this is the most meaningful university league table.
PQ
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Ay up me duck!

I've been saying for years that this is the most meaningful university league table.
TSR should organise a duck race with all the university names on to settle once and for all which university is best.
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I guess no data has been submitted for Bath there are loads of ducks, not only by the massive lake but they sometimes wander over to accommodations as well!
The Joker ~
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
:3
user73867
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Duck off!
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
Do seagulls count as ducks? Because if they do Brighton or Sussex wins hands down. Also it it'd have to be settled with a seagull chip fight or something rather than a race.

Or a new ranking: Top UK universities with the most evil, lunch stealing ASBO sea birds.
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
(Original post by Supersaps)
Duck off!
er... u better back down m8.

or I'll call the old bill.

u get me.

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
cambridge is going to have 1 less cockerel :cry2:
PQ
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Do seagulls count as ducks? Because if they do Brighton or Sussex wins hands down. Also it it'd have to be settled with a seagull chip fight or something rather than a race.

Or a new ranking: Top UK universities with the most evil, lunch stealing ASBO sea birds.
http://duckdensity.org.uk/definitions

Duck:

A "duck" is a bird that goes on water (for example, a duck, goose, seagull or moorhen). There are many types and varieties of duck, all of which should be counted. Birds such as pigeons, which do not go on water, are not "ducks".

Although density wise how much of the sea do you count in the water measure?
F1's Finest
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We have quite a few ducks in the Whiteknights lake
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
cambridge is going to have 1 less cockerel :cry2:
But the college obviously has a lot of chickens among its staff.
Pixsoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How can Edge Hill not have made it onto that list?!
Use Err Name
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
i call bull. sheff wins, i always see hounds of ducks mating in the park whilst in western park library
PQ
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
we should get an expert in Rspbyms16
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:

Hull also has shedloads of ducks. Especially in winter the park gets full of geese.
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
http://duckdensity.org.uk/definitions

Duck:

A "duck" is a bird that goes on water (for example, a duck, goose, seagull or moorhen). There are many types and varieties of duck, all of which should be counted. Birds such as pigeons, which do not go on water, are not "ducks".

Although density wise how much of the sea do you count in the water measure?
That would mean that the flamingo, the swan, the pelican, the stork and the heron are all ducks. :no:
PQ
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
That would mean that the flamingo, the swan, the pelican, the stork and the heron are all ducks. :no:
Do you know any universities with high densities of flamingoes?
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Lancaster has ducks. We have Facebook pages debating which college has the best ducks (Fylde, obviously)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads