Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    Is there a reason for this or just personal preference?
    For me it's personal preference, but I would say you should focus on your exam here and feel confident, instead of thinking "Oh what if I spent those hours last night revising"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    ah, fair enough... then I still think OP should go to the prom but definitely be home early and taking it seriously!
    Thank you very much for your input!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    I'm sure your date will appreciate a "It's not you, it's FM".
    If they don't understand, are they really right for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Your grades, which stick with you for life, are more important than one night of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much, I appreciate your input!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    For me it's personal preference, but I would say you should focus on your exam here and feel confident, instead of thinking "Oh what if I spent those hours last night revising"
    Thank you very much, that's very useful.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to prom. Get royally ****ed up at the after party and stroll into your exam still pissed.
    You'll remember prom night forever. Life isn't all about grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, that's very useful.
    All good

(Original post by thad33)
    I'd go to prom. Get royally ****ed up at the after party and stroll into your exam still pissed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    If they don't understand, are they really right for you?
    I'm certain my date will understand, but of course she is likely to be disappointed if I don't attend, and rightly so.

Further maths for sure in my opinion.

I definitely won't be going to my school's prom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I certainly won't be getting drunk, but thank you for your opinion!

ReputationRep:
    I'm certain my date will understand, but of course she is likely to be disappointed if I don't attend, and rightly so.
    Assuming it's the same as it was when I took it, is one exam on the monday and one on the friday with no other exams in between? If so, and if it were me, I'd probably just do a lot of revision on the Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday morning, then go to the prom (maybe not the after party) and sit the exam on the friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Further maths for sure in my opinion.

I definitely won't be going to my school's prom
    Thank you, anonymous, for sharing your opinion. Would you be able to give a reason why, or is that too personal?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people in my year have exams after prom but I think most/all of us are going to prom and the after parties

I certainly won't be getting drunk, but thank you for your opinion!
    You sure?

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to the prom, but go out for a meal with your date after exams.

Thank you, anonymous, for sharing your opinion. Would you be able to give a reason why, or is that too personal?
    I had been up for the idea until the start of this year and new staff at the school have just put me off completely. One in particular yells at me constantly despite being well behaved and A* student - so they have made me feel as though I have nothing to celebrate with them

I know I sound very negative but I have never wanted to leave the school so much - in Yr7 I couldn't love school more but now they have just gone downhill and Ofsted seem to agree, yet they seem blind to it.

Anyways rant over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Lots of people in my year have exams after prom but I think most/all of us are going to prom and the after parties

You sure?
    I'm going to try my damndest not to! Thank you for your input, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevey396)
    Don't go to the prom, but go out for a meal with your date after exams.
    I was considering this, thank you for your input!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had been up for the idea until the start of this year and new staff at the school have just put me off completely. One in particular yells at me constantly despite being well behaved and A* student - so they have made me feel as though I have nothing to celebrate with them

I know I sound very negative but I have never wanted to leave the school so much - in Yr7 I couldn't love school more but now they have just gone downhill and Ofsted seem to agree, yet they seem blind to it.

Anyways rant over
    Wow, that sounds like a rough time. So it's school-related, right? Thank you for telling me.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that sounds like a rough time. So it's school-related, right? Thank you for telling me.
    Be young and stupid while you can. You'll regret it otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's put me right off I'm actually counting down the days until I leave. It is school related which I suppose doesn't really help with your question, so I'd say weigh up the pros and cons of going prom or focusing on the exam. Write them all down and see which reasons mean the most to you.

I hope you manage to decide and Good Luck for your exam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.