Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im healthy generally, i eat relatively healthy as well, but ever since about 2 months after my baby was born, iv been loosing excessive amounts of hair! not to the point of balding but the dr has said she can tell where my hair is thinning. iv had tests which have come back clear and im being sent for hormonal tests but i need tips on how to stimulate hair growth?

its got to the point i dont brush or wash it as thats when most comes out (i do wash my hair when absoloutely needed but otherwise i dry shampoo it)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Post partum hair loss is quite common and can last up to 6 months after baby is born. This is because when you're pregnant your hormones keep your hair thick and prevent it falling out as much as usual. After baby, this stops and your hair goes back to what it was before.

How long ago did you have your baby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    im healthy generally, i eat relatively healthy as well, but ever since about 2 months after my baby was born, iv been loosing excessive amounts of hair! not to the point of balding but the dr has said she can tell where my hair is thinning. iv had tests which have come back clear and im being sent for hormonal tests but i need tips on how to stimulate hair growth?

its got to the point i dont brush or wash it as thats when most comes out (i do wash my hair when absoloutely needed but otherwise i dry shampoo it)
    DHT might have spiked after having your baby.
    I would keep to natural oils for now, argan, olive. Stay away from laurel sulphate in your shampoos.

ReputationRep:
    what is DHT?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    what is DHT?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=DH..._sm=0&ie=UTF-8

I guess they mean dihydrotestosterone

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.