Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I'm homeschooled and taking a couple of exams early - this year.

One of them is the AQA Religious studies, Spef - Unit 1 & 6. I've chosen the Religions; Islam and Christianity.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/notes/revision notes that maybe of some use

Thanks in advance & Good luck to everyone with their exams this year! :cool:x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmeenak)
    Hi Guys,

I'm homeschooled and taking a couple of exams early - this year.

One of them is the AQA Religious studies, Spef - Unit 1 & 6. I've chosen the Religions; Islam and Christianity.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/notes/revision notes that maybe of some use

Thanks in advance & Good luck to everyone with their exams this year! :cool:x
    Hey!

I'm not on the same exam board and I'm just doing straight Christianity but I do know how I revise. At the moment I'm getting A*s and my teacher is really bad so my class are all teaching ourselves.

For each topic try to make a broadsheet. This is basically like a mindmap but you put everything you need to know on an a3 piece of paper. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING, all of the arguments and information.

After you've got that down, choose a few quotes for each topic that you want to be able to use. Quotes are really useful and show the examiner that you know what you're talking about, or at least they hopefully do.

After that just do past papers and questions. Religious studies is really easy as long as you know the content well and have the quotes to back up your arguments.

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Hey!

I'm not on the same exam board and I'm just doing straight Christianity but I do know how I revise. At the moment I'm getting A*s and my teacher is really bad so my class are all teaching ourselves.

For each topic try to make a broadsheet. This is basically like a mindmap but you put everything you need to know on an a3 piece of paper. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING, all of the arguments and information.

After you've got that down, choose a few quotes for each topic that you want to be able to use. Quotes are really useful and show the examiner that you know what you're talking about, or at least they hopefully do.

After that just do past papers and questions. Religious studies is really easy as long as you know the content well and have the quotes to back up your arguments.

Good luck to you too!
    Hey, I apologise - I've just seen this! I've not got the knack of the student room just yet!

That's amazing! I've also got predicted A* - but this will be my first time taking an exam under school-controlled conditions and it's pretty daunting - Lol.

Thanks for your advice - definitely taking them on board & have been a great help! At the moment I'm literally writing out all my keypoints, arguments, and going through the specifications of the units and memorising the quotes.

Good luck and all the best in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    quotes quotes quotes!!! They're not always necessary but if you already have the basic knowledge, they will give u extra points for that a*!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsm998)
    quotes quotes quotes!!! They're not always necessary but if you already have the basic knowledge, they will give u extra points for that a*!!!!
    Thanks & to be honest the Quotes are pretty easy for me to memorise - so why not may get a few extra marks?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Doing Problem of Evil and Body and Soul and Fundamentalism.

Think I'm going to do okay in P.O.E and Body and Soul, but fundamentalism, no way D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmeenak)
    Hey, I apologise - I've just seen this! I've not got the knack of the student room just yet!

That's amazing! I've also got predicted A* - but this will be my first time taking an exam under school-controlled conditions and it's pretty daunting - Lol.

Thanks for your advice - definitely taking them on board & have been a great help! At the moment I'm literally writing out all my keypoints, arguments, and going through the specifications of the units and memorising the quotes.

Good luck and all the best in your exams!
    It's fine. It took me ages to get used to The Student Room but once you're here, you never leave...

Exam conditions really aren't that bad. You just have to be quiet and not cheat. Don't worry about it, just focus on learning what you need to learn so you can get that A*!!!!

I'm glad I could help though! You're doing more than I am for RS. I'm letting it rest for a while and focusing on other subjects. I wish you the best and I'm sure you'll get that A*.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.