Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Would you mind if a gay friend called you by a pet or affectionate name?

ReputationRep:
    In private no as long as they know where I stand. In public I would mind because people are shallow and I need to keep up appearances.

ReputationRep:
    go right ahead sugar :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    nope - I'd find it funny so maybe I'd encourage it - I call my fellow straight friend "boobear" and he thinks it's funny so there you go

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't care/mind..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have, and have had, gay friends that do. Doesn't bother me. I call my male friends "my love" or "darling" more often than I do my female friends :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Fair enough. Thanks for your responses. I'm terrible for this. I started off doing it sarcastically and now I'm almost compelled to say things like "hey hon".

ReputationRep:
    It's not a problem ducky.

ReputationRep:
    Don't care so long as we've established where we stand. If it's just banter, banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I don't really like want to haave a gay friend. So that wul be a problem in itself. And no jokes either or kidding around either. No matter gay or straight.

ReputationRep:
    Friends a friend init, don't see why there would be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish I have a gay friend.

ReputationRep:
    Would probably be a little annoyed, but no big deal.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by whorace)
    In private no as long as they know where I stand. In public I would mind because people are shallow and I need to keep up appearances.
    I too would probably mind in public. I once had an older friend hug me and I felt so awkward. I faked it all the way but people were staring....

(Original post by the bear)
    go right ahead sugar :flutter:
    Fo' sure :flutter:

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    I have, and have had, gay friends that do. Doesn't bother me. I call my male friends "my love" or "darling" more often than I do my female friends :lol:
    Cool, cool. I'll carry on calling you what I do then.
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It's not a problem ducky.
    Fair enough, chicken .

(Original post by jamaal17)
    I don't really like want to haave a gay friend. So that wul be a problem in itself. And no jokes either or kidding around either. No matter gay or straight.
    May I ask why? Do you fear people might think you gay if you had one? I felt similarly when I was in the closet.

(Original post by drandy76)
    Friends a friend init, don't see why there would be a problem
    They might feel like their masculinity is threatened or just feel uncomfortable. I suppose it depends on the relationship between the friends and the context.

(Original post by Dnkz7)
    I wish I have a gay friend.
    Awww. Why's that? I have a few. Honestly, you're not missing much. Bar our sexuality, we're not that different.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd find it funny, so long as it isn't too conspicuous.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would mind. I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "sugar".

...but really, they can go ahead. I wouldn't mind at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    If its in a group of friends or in private, then no, i would even take it as a compliment. In public though, i would, but even if a girl called me "hun" in public with people we didnt know it would be kind of weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Of course I would mind. I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "sugar".

...but really, they can go ahead. I wouldn't mind at all.
    oooh doctor W it's me chalfonts again. could you give me some more of that cream sweetheart ?

thanks sweetcheeks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.