Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Would you mind if a gay friend called you by a pet or affectionate name?

ReputationRep:
    In private no as long as they know where I stand. In public I would mind because people are shallow and I need to keep up appearances.

ReputationRep:
    go right ahead sugar :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    nope - I'd find it funny so maybe I'd encourage it - I call my fellow straight friend "boobear" and he thinks it's funny so there you go

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't care/mind..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have, and have had, gay friends that do. Doesn't bother me. I call my male friends "my love" or "darling" more often than I do my female friends :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Fair enough. Thanks for your responses. I'm terrible for this. I started off doing it sarcastically and now I'm almost compelled to say things like "hey hon".

ReputationRep:
    It's not a problem ducky.

ReputationRep:
    Don't care so long as we've established where we stand. If it's just banter, banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I don't really like want to haave a gay friend. So that wul be a problem in itself. And no jokes either or kidding around either. No matter gay or straight.

ReputationRep:
    Friends a friend init, don't see why there would be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish I have a gay friend.

ReputationRep:
    Would probably be a little annoyed, but no big deal.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by whorace)
    In private no as long as they know where I stand. In public I would mind because people are shallow and I need to keep up appearances.
    I too would probably mind in public. I once had an older friend hug me and I felt so awkward. I faked it all the way but people were staring....

(Original post by the bear)
    go right ahead sugar :flutter:
    Fo' sure :flutter:

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    I have, and have had, gay friends that do. Doesn't bother me. I call my male friends "my love" or "darling" more often than I do my female friends :lol:
    Cool, cool. I'll carry on calling you what I do then.
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It's not a problem ducky.
    Fair enough, chicken .

(Original post by jamaal17)
    I don't really like want to haave a gay friend. So that wul be a problem in itself. And no jokes either or kidding around either. No matter gay or straight.
    May I ask why? Do you fear people might think you gay if you had one? I felt similarly when I was in the closet.

(Original post by drandy76)
    Friends a friend init, don't see why there would be a problem
    They might feel like their masculinity is threatened or just feel uncomfortable. I suppose it depends on the relationship between the friends and the context.

(Original post by Dnkz7)
    I wish I have a gay friend.
    Awww. Why's that? I have a few. Honestly, you're not missing much. Bar our sexuality, we're not that different.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd find it funny, so long as it isn't too conspicuous.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would mind. I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "sugar".

...but really, they can go ahead. I wouldn't mind at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    If its in a group of friends or in private, then no, i would even take it as a compliment. In public though, i would, but even if a girl called me "hun" in public with people we didnt know it would be kind of weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Of course I would mind. I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "sugar".

...but really, they can go ahead. I wouldn't mind at all.
    oooh doctor W it's me chalfonts again. could you give me some more of that cream sweetheart ?

thanks sweetcheeks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.