Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't know if there is a specific forum/ question for this, if so please can someone direct me to it.

I am struggling to choose what university to go to for my MArch Architecture, I currently have offers from Westminster, Manchester and Greenwich. I have an interview at Oxford Brookes coming up and I am awaiting a decision on my portfolio from the Bartlett.

I loved different aspects about both Westminster and Greenwich, I am unsure if Manchester is conceptual enough in its thinking to be well suited to me and I do not know enough about Oxford Brookes to make a good decision.

Is there anyone on here at any of these universities at the moment studying their part 2 that can give me some advice? Or, simply anyone who can help inform my decision based on their knowledge of the universities.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I am starting my Part 2 in September, and I have come to the conclusion that its not worth the cost of studying in London (assuming you can't live with family), unless you're going to go to the Bartlett, AA or RCA (and even then its questionable). So out of the ones you picked I'd go for Manchester, Brookes or the Bartlett. Personally I'd omit Brookes too purely because I couldn't face being a second class citizen in Oxford, but that might not bother you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for the reply, where will you be studying? The cost of studying in London isn't a factor for me at the moment - I will be able to make it work whatever I end up doing so I've not let cost come into it. I have been put off by Brookes being the 'lower' university of Oxford but I'm also not sure if I will attend the interview as it wasn't a first choice but more of a backup application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlaimee)
    Hey, thanks for the reply, where will you be studying? The cost of studying in London isn't a factor for me at the moment - I will be able to make it work whatever I end up doing so I've not let cost come into it. I have been put off by Brookes being the 'lower' university of Oxford but I'm also not sure if I will attend the interview as it wasn't a first choice but more of a backup application.
    Well I have a place at the Bartlett already, currently waiting to here back from my Cambridge application, then I will decide.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.