Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've already taken year 1 & 2 in one BA degree course, but have also taken year 1 in a different subject BA degree course. Yes, I am a very confused girl who feels like I've possibly wasted my chances of actually doing what I wanted to do in the first place. I am angry with myself, and keep beating myself up mentally. What I would like to do is finish the degree where I've only completed the first year. I have 1 year left of finances, and could get a loan out for the remaining year if I had to.

My question is, would I be welcome back to the university after this moving about? Basically I've completed 1 year at a large fully fledged university, then two years at a HE college, which has been a terrible experience so far. I stuck it out due to family problems, and this kept me at home, the HE college was only a short drive away.

I would advise any student to stick with a university rather than apply to a HE college, what a waste of time!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    So you want to go back to your original university and start from where you left of? You need to ask the university if they'd let you; nobody here can tell you what they will say. But if they do agree, it might be worth asking if you could transfer the second year credits that you did at the HE college into the BA degree at the university, then you would only have 1 year left to do. Another option would be to transfer all of your uni credits to the Open University and finish your degree with them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.