Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Doctors get paid A LOT more than the average wage! and police work is dangerous. Why can't they strike? What about the armed forces? only the higher officer ranks get paid a lot, but then if there is a war the generals and admirals won't necessarily be in harm's way, it would be the NCOs and lower officers like Captains or Lieutenants. They don't get paid much, so can the Army, Royal Navy and RAF strike?

doctors don't matter anyhow, they reckon that anybody who is a vegetarian or vegan is mentally ill...lolol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamujercaliente)
    Doctors get paid A LOT more than the average wage! and police work is dangerous. Why can't they strike? What about the armed forces? only the higher officer ranks get paid a lot, but then if there is a war the generals and admirals won't necessarily be in harm's way, it would be the NCOs and lower officers like Captains or Lieutenants. They don't get paid much, so can the Army, Royal Navy and RAF strike?

doctors don't matter anyhow, they reckon that anybody who is a vegetarian or vegan is mentally ill...lolol.
    When doctors say that the new contract is dangerous, they don't mean for themselves, they mean for their patients. Doctors are being overworked and spread too thinly for patients to be safe in their care and that's what the strike is about.

Doctors don't think people who are veggie or vegan are mentally ill and it's a bit daft to suggest that they do... lolololol

Think about what sort of doctor you want if you were in an accident and needed care. A doctor caring for you and 200 other patients who hasn't eaten for 12 hours and has worked long shifts for a week without proper sleep, or a well rested doctor who has peed today and can focus on making you well again?

ReputationRep:
    They do...to be fair, I have no sympathy for them, since they are whinging over nothing. They don't get nor live in the real world anyhow, so let the ****ers strike and be deemed pariahs.

ReputationRep:
    They do...to be fair, I have no sympathy for them, since they are whinging over nothing. They don't get nor live in the real world anyhow, so let the ****ers strike and be deemed pariahs.
    I feel that this is not to do with the strike but because you hate doctors in general.

Do you want to talk about it?

ReputationRep:

I'm yet to hear a doctor claim a anybody who is veggie is mentally ill. As for doctors not mattering, I think you may change your mind when you break your leg or suffer a nasty case of the clap.

ReputationRep:

Understand that the strikes are about junior doctors, who are not very well paid compared to the same level of competency around the world.

Furthermore if you want to play the low ball game and compare them to Police, well I go through 5 years of University, I don't get paid for the hours Ive spent studying to become a Doctor. If you took into account all the hours I've spent studying and tally it across with my life long career, I can assure you Doctors are not paid far more greater than other public services.

Again to reiterate what @Neostigmine, the strikes are more so damaging to patients.

ReputationRep:

Yes, they do matter, after all it's them who have to deal with stupid drunks who due to their stupidity break their bones..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Yes, they do matter, after all it's them who have to deal with stupid drunks who due to their stupidity break their bones..
    so yoiu're a conservative...cool. well not everybody thinks like you do...

ReputationRep:
    so yoiu're a conservative...cool. well not everybody thinks like you do...
    Well, they need to think again..

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.