Turn on thread page Beta

17 and still a virgin? watch

Hi, I know 17 isn't that late to loose your virginity but I almost feel embarrassed that I haven't. I am fairly 'popular' and considered 'attractive' (cringing at this rn) and most or all of the girls I know similar to me have. It just makes me feel unwanted, I don't want to rush things and have sex for the sake of it, but it's getting to that stage now. I just don't want to start university as a 19 year old virgin, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    that's perfectly normal. not many your age have.

ReputationRep:
    wow 17 and still a virgin, damnnn

are you a girl or boy?

ReputationRep:
    20 and still virgin
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Have you had any attention from anyone or come close? If you really don't want to go to uni as a virgin, which isn't a huge deal in my opnion, then I'm sure you could find someone around you if you tried hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I know 17 isn't that late to loose your virginity but I almost feel embarrassed that I haven't. I am fairly 'popular' and considered 'attractive' (cringing at this rn) and most or all of the girls I know similar to me have. It just makes me feel unwanted, I don't want to rush things and have sex for the sake of it, but it's getting to that stage now. I just don't want to start university as a 19 year old virgin, any advice?
    I'm sure you'd find someone on TSR who is looking for sex too. There seems to be enough of them loitering around...

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Have you had any attention from anyone or come close? If you really don't want to go to uni as a virgin, which isn't a huge deal in my opnion, then I'm sure you could find someone around you if you tried hard enough.
    I've done 'stuff' if you know what I mean, but I was very young and it was all too early really, I haven't done anything like that since I was 14, and yeah there are people interested it's just I don't want to throw it to any std ridden boy ahha

are you a girl or boy?
    girl

ReputationRep:
    lose not loose

ReputationRep:
    Being a virgin really isn't a big deal. A few months after I turned 17, some douchebag on my college course said "you're 17 and a virgin?" "If I was a virgin at 17 I'd hate myself", thing is this guy had every reason to hate himself part from it.

Don't let peer pressure control you. I've done stupid things in order to be accepted but I still ended up by myself.

And if people make fun of you for being a virgin, remember, people who use virgin as an insult are people whose lives are so insecure and meaningless that losing their virginity was the only thing they'll ever achieve.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've done 'stuff' if you know what I mean, but I was very young and it was all too early really, I haven't done anything like that since I was 14, and yeah there are people interested it's just I don't want to throw it to any std ridden boy ahha
    :lol: you can't have it both ways

Find someone nice, spend some time with them and if you still feel happy then go for it, use protection and all of that.

ReputationRep:
    Lose*

I wonder when people will stop treating virginity like some dangerous tangible commodity that one must get rid of by a certain age or face death by guillotine.

Look OP if any shallow jackass looks down on you for being 17 and a 'virgin', you have a middle finger, make use of it :bird:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Lose*
    Unless it happens a whole lot.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lose it when you want to lose it. If it happens tomorrow and it involves five different men, that's fine. If it happens in 10 years on the night of your wedding, that is also fine. It's your body - do with it as you please.

Id have hated to be a virgin at 17 personally but that's because it would have meant many years as a teenage boy going through puberty and having no sex. That would not have worked for me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ask ur mum for help

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to lose it for the sole purpose of losing it, that would be very easy. Since you do not, why are you so bothered...

If a girl ever gives you grief about it, tell her not to complain about a problem that she can solve in a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Please please please wait until you feel like you actually want to do it!

19 at uni sounds fine.

There's nothing embarrassing about virginity.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.