Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I know 17 isn't that late to loose your virginity but I almost feel embarrassed that I haven't. I am fairly 'popular' and considered 'attractive' (cringing at this rn) and most or all of the girls I know similar to me have. It just makes me feel unwanted, I don't want to rush things and have sex for the sake of it, but it's getting to that stage now. I just don't want to start university as a 19 year old virgin, any advice?
    wow grow up, its not a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    You'd be surprised how often it works.
    In "strict confidence" though? XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    In "strict confidence" though? XD
    The "Please, whatever you do, don't tell anyone, this is really difficult to talk about..." is the fastest way to get something in the public domain.

ReputationRep:
    The "Please, whatever you do, don't tell anyone, this is really difficult to talk about..." is the fastest way to get something in the public domain.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, I believe you! XD

ReputationRep:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, I believe you! XD
    No please, stop laughing, it's really awkward and you know *desired mate* I REALLY don't want him/her to find out. It'll make things so weird. I don't even know why I told you, oh god, PLEASE don't tell anyone.

ReputationRep:
    No please, stop laughing, it's really awkward and you know *desired mate* I REALLY don't want him/her to find out. It'll make things so weird. I don't even know why I told you, oh god, PLEASE don't tell anyone.
    Thanks for teaching me how to handle my virginity properly. Who said the TSR chat section couldn't teach you anything?

ReputationRep:
    I was a virgin after college? Was I such a loser?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for teaching me how to handle my virginity properly. Who said the TSR chat section couldn't teach you anything?
    For everything they don't teach you in school, there's the internet.

Is this your plan? :blushing:
    I'll see how uni goes first...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    how did that go?

lol
    I moved in with my long distance boyfriend

Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    I moved in with my long distance boyfriend

Lol
    ahh, I thought it was a classic case of losing it on fresher's.. never a good idea (not speaking from experience!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    ahh, I thought it was a classic case of losing it on fresher's.. never a good idea (not speaking from experience!)
    I'm not that easy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    20 and still virgin
    peak.

ReputationRep:
    I am a 23 y/o male, felt rushed to lose my virginity before turning 16 because I wanted to be "cool". Was popular through college and University, went on to become a Bar Manager after graduating. All in all, I've met a lot of people, I've had a few girlfriends, some one night stands at Uni. The point is, sex is great, but only with someone you have a connection with. Sounds lame perhaps, but I've had too many one night stands to count, including losing my virginity. None of it is memorable, none of it was great, none of it was special. A few of my more immature friends would maybe feel my accomplishments were worthy of a high five. All in all, not worth it. Having sexual relationships with someone I was genuinely into, however, (excuse the pun) whole different story. It's completely different and when you love someone you genuinely will have the best sex with them. It's selfless and romantic, and it means something.

Finding a girl who has kept her virginity these days is rare and, especially as you grow older, you will find that more mature guys (the kind you should want to be with) appreciate dignity and self respect. That doesn't mean hold on to your virginity until marriage; sex can be a great. But perhaps be able to justify each sexual relationship with something more than horniness or "I was drunk". That is something I wish I did, it was horrible to talk to my current girlfriend about the number of sexual partners I have had.

The worst thing, however, is when there is someone out there who loves you, or admires you, perhaps a friend you have who has grown feelings towards you. You going out and needlessly putting yourself out there, especially just to lose your virginity due to peer pressure, could be absolutely heart breaking for them, and something no young person ever, ever considers is how their sexual activity can sometimes hurt and affect other people. It is maybe a point you won't truly understand until you are in that situation, but having sex with someone is a bold move, it's a serious action and it's something you can never undo.

And of course, above all, having a bit of mystery to you is an extremely attractive feature, and you should make guys work their a** off to discover the secret and special parts of your life and body. Just go out their, meet people, find someone you like, build a relationship, fall in love with them, then f*ck their brains out as much as you like. But don't go out their, get drunk and then lay it out on a platter for 19 year old f*ckboy Jamie who is only trying to make his ex-girlfriend jealous and will literally just ram you doggy for 8 minutes without even going down on you first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanWhitt)
    I am a 23 y/o male, felt rushed to lose my virginity before turning 16 because I wanted to be "cool". Was popular through college and University, went on to become a Bar Manager after graduating. All in all, I've met a lot of people, I've had a few girlfriends, some one night stands at Uni. The point is, sex is great, but only with someone you have a connection with. Sounds lame perhaps, but I've had too many one night stands to count, including losing my virginity. None of it is memorable, none of it was great, none of it was special. A few of my more immature friends would maybe feel my accomplishments were worthy of a high five. All in all, not worth it. Having sexual relationships with someone I was genuinely into, however, (excuse the pun) whole different story. It's completely different and when you love someone you genuinely will have the best sex with them. It's selfless and romantic, and it means something.

Finding a girl who has kept her virginity these days is rare and, especially as you grow older, you will find that more mature guys (the kind you should want to be with) appreciate dignity and self respect. That doesn't mean hold on to your virginity until marriage; sex can be a great. But perhaps be able to justify each sexual relationship with something more than horniness or "I was drunk". That is something I wish I did, it was horrible to talk to my current girlfriend about the number of sexual partners I have had.

The worst thing, however, is when there is someone out there who loves you, or admires you, perhaps a friend you have who has grown feelings towards you. You going out and needlessly putting yourself out there, especially just to lose your virginity due to peer pressure, could be absolutely heart breaking for them, and something no young person ever, ever considers is how their sexual activity can sometimes hurt and affect other people. It is maybe a point you won't truly understand until you are in that situation, but having sex with someone is a bold move, it's a serious action and it's something you can never undo.

And of course, above all, having a bit of mystery to you is an extremely attractive feature, and you should make guys work their a** off to discover the secret and special parts of your life and body. Just go out their, meet people, find someone you like, build a relationship, fall in love with them, then f*ck their brains out as much as you like. But don't go out their, get drunk and then lay it out on a platter for 19 year old f*ckboy Jamie who is only trying to make his ex-girlfriend jealous and will literally just ram you doggy for 8 minutes without even going down on you first.
    This is perfect. Are you still in contact with any of your past ONS's? What uni were you at?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.