Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious but ignore those people. Whoever discriminated against you because of your religion were simply not friends in the first place. It's nothing you've done personally it's just small minded people. Keep your chin up

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Laomedeia)
    Easiest thing to do would be to lie about being a muslim, or simply not let anyone know that you are. For those that already know you are a muslim, just tell them you converted to an atheist or something.
    And whats the point of that. Im half white, and I cant just go around and tell people im Italian even though I look it it would make me insecure. Let people be who the want to they want to be, without being discriminated against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Tell your friend that any friends lost after Paris were never friends in the first place.
    what happens if the friends were lost in paris because they were killed? how can you say they were never friends to begin with?

(Original post by Oblivion99)
    And whats the point of that. Im half white, and I cant just go around and tell people im Italian even though I look it it would make me insecure. Let people be who the want to they want to be, without being discriminated against it.
    Thats the issue tho, you ARE being discriminated against. If had any aspects about me that caused issues, I would do my best to hide them. I do understand your point about being yourself, its just that I would find it easier to not be fully myself in some situations. Its one of those "to fit in" type of things. I used to do it when I was in school.

ReputationRep:
    That's not true. I hate you because you're annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Hey guys, so one of my friends had told me to upload this thread, "hated because I am muslim":

"Im just an ordinary prepubescent self-identified Muslim, who currently attends Secondary School. I have a lot of friends from many ethnicity, backgrounds and I get on with everyone. However a lot of people treat me differently because I am Muslim and I just don't get it. What have I done wrong. I respect other peoples beliefs, cultures and considering I went to an Catholic primary school my parents even encourage me to go Mass. But I just don't get it. Im honestly a really humble person, but why am I defined by my religion and why is there so much hostility towards me. It makes me upset and depressed as I have lost alot of friends since the Paris attacks".
    Typical. Those people were never friends with you in the first place since they easily fall for negative assumptions even though they have you. There are weird people with pre-judgments everywhere. all you can do is continue to be yourself and whether they continue to blindly follow ignorance or not is up to them. Just move on I am a Muslim and I saw this happening to other of my Muslim friends. The prejudices you experience just confirms my suspicions and instincts towards people, that's why I'm picky when it comes to friends. Quality over quantity?! Sad to say but it's a part of life experiencing hatred but just continue trying to be the best person you can be, not for those lost 'friends' but for yourself so you can feel better. Anyways, nothing lasts so you are better off losing those 'friends' now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.