Turn on thread page Beta

bio synoptic (edexcel) watch

ReputationRep:
    how was it? comments?
    i didnt do it but my friend did and she wants to know how everyone else found it! so?

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was pretty hard. and that is not what i would call a SYNOPTIC paper..all that time spent learning sexual reproduction/deforestation etc. a waste. it was largely based on unit 5
    i chose the metabolic wastes essay question..largely because it was the lesser of the two evils..could not do the light effect on flowering plants so it had to be this one...
    arrrgh and in a panic at first i wrote down products of digestion until i realised that the question meant METABOLIC wastes i.e. CO2 and urea but forgot to cross out the crap on digestion :mad:
    also i forgot lactic acid so all in all it was rather crap

ReputationRep:
    i chose the other essay - it was just as hard...i sat for 5 min just staring at those two questions!! and i ended up doing the 2nd one then coz i dint know wot to rite for the first one.
    i got one more exam left and then its all over!!

ReputationRep:
    I did the 2nd essay also. I wrote sth about Far red light and red light; long-day plant, short-day plant and a bit on auxin.
    Do you think these worth marks?? T.T

ReputationRep:
    didnt like that paper at all! did the plants essay too, both were nasty! and the rest of the questions were crap too, basically all unit 5 again, didnt see much synoptic at all! hope the grade boundaries arent 2 high...

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about stomatal opening in light, photosynthesis, photoperiod controlling times of flowering, transpiration increasing, germination (red light etc),

ReputationRep:
    ooh yes and auxin. didnt know how much detail to go into on stuff - i couldve written pages on p/s but didnt cos it said the effect of light on the plant! maybe i shouldve been more detailed! i just said it is needed for exciting the electrons in chlorophyll and for photolysis, and the products of the LDR are needed in the LIR to make triose phosphate, which can be made into useful organic molecules so they grow more!!

ReputationRep:
    i wrote abt photoperiodism, short/long day plants, Pfr and Pr, and abit on cloroplasts to fill in some space, it was quite short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphira)
    ooh yes and auxin. didnt know how much detail to go into on stuff - i couldve written pages on p/s but didnt cos it said the effect of light on the plant! maybe i shouldve been more detailed! i just said it is needed for exciting the electrons in chlorophyll and for photolysis, and the products of the LDR are needed in the LIR to make triose phosphate, which can be made into useful organic molecules so they grow more!!

wow i dont think i even mentioned that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    wow i dont think i even mentioned that!!
    She's good like that

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt worry, i was just writing random stuff in the end in the hope it would get me more marks. both *****es of essays tho, so much for getting something nice like homeostasis!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear now im showing myself up with my lack of grammer/punctuation/general crap english skills....

ReputationRep:
    wow..i thought id be in the majority for choosing the metabolic wastes question..was hoping there would be other ppl who also found it hard,,that would make me feel better

ReputationRep:
    Just another one I failed really!
    Chose the light and plants essay, not that I knew what to write...!

Anyone know if the rumours regarding this paper being leaked are true?

ReputationRep:
    well im sure some people will do well because of the leak according to daily telegraph.

ReputationRep:
    I did the metabolic waste question. I talked about the production of urea in deamination, transport purification in the kidney ect then I did carbon dioxide and how it was produced in respiration and then the different way it was transported in the blood eg carboxyhaemoglobin and disoloved in the plasma. I also talked about how the waste is transported in the blood because it gets there by diffusion ect. I hope that is synoptic enough what to people think?

The rest of the paper was ok I think. It could have been much worse.

ReputationRep:
    im guessing they are true since it was all over the daily telegraph front page yea.

ReputationRep:
    I did the metabolic waste question. I talked about the production of urea in deamination, transport purification in the kidney ect then I did carbon dioxide and how it was produced in respiration and then the different way it was transported in the blood eg carboxyhaemoglobin and disoloved in the plasma. I also talked about how the waste is transported in the blood because it gets there by diffusion ect. I hope that is synoptic enough what to people think?
    i only realised after i missed out lactic acid...did u mention that?
    also is it carbonic anhydrase that produces HCO3 (form in which CO2 is transported)>>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the1withnoname2)
    im guessing they are true since it was all over the daily telegraph front page yea.
    ok, well I'm sorry I didn't see that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    and then the different way it was transported in the blood eg carboxyhaemoglobin
    It's carbaminohaemoglobin. Carboxyhaemoglobin is carbon monoxide and haemoglobin.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.