Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it seen as flirty to say that you recently became single? Watch

ReputationRep:

I don't think it would.

ReputationRep:
    No it wouldn't. If anything it would probably say that you don't want anything to happen, as you've only just come out of a relationship.

If you like her then just ask her on a date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think it would.
    It's all up for interpretation. I agree though, I personally wouldn't find it flirty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    No it wouldn't. If anything it would probably say that you don't want anything to happen, as you've only just come out of a relationship.

If you like her then just ask her on a date.
    Ah yeah I hadn't thought about that! thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably try to mention it as nonchalantly as I can and not make a big deal of it and then see how she reacts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Ah yeah I hadn't thought about that! thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome! Your best bet would definitely be to ask her out for dinner/coffee/whatever sometime. Her answer will tell you all you need to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    I'll probably try to mention it as nonchalantly as I can and not make a big deal of it and then see how she reacts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That seems like a good idea:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you said what you said in the OP they would get the impression of you being a wreck. Nothing wrong with that, but not an attractive thought.

If someone said that to me I'm not sure if I'd take it as a hint (they could just be making conversation...), it wouldn't really make me more attracted to them though.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how well you know her, if you're friends and talk about that sort of stuff then yeah it would be fine to mention it. If its some random girl you say hi to every now and again, telling about a break up would be weird.

If you don't really speak to the girl that much I would recommend speaking to her a bit more and then starting to be a bit more flirty in other ways, I would avoid saying that you've just had a breakup. It can make people think that they're just a rebound or that you can't deal with not being single and are just desperate - neither are good for you.

ReputationRep:
    I broke some poor girls heart last Friday. Want to go out with me?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.