Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm a mature student (31) and currently studying my first year at college with the intention of going to uni after. I have received a 24+ loan for my tuition fees.
    I am currently not working at the moment and living with parents (who are not charging me rent whilst studying). The household income is at the top end but I cant expect my parents to pay my living costs as well.
    I had previously been a bar manager and have always worked but wanted a change of career, hence going back to study.

    Can I get help with costs of living? I'm struggling to put food on the table, petrol in the car, let alone pay any rent. If I went into college tomorrow, what type of loan etc would I look to apply for and can I still apply because we are halfway through the first year?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi AnimalMike

    When you are studying on a 24+ course, you are only eligible for help from us for the tuition fees. You could check with the college to see if there is any alternative funding of the DWP.

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.