I was just wondering if you could help answer a few questions; they are quite general, really.
I would just like to know how I can best secure an A grade? Do you have any tips, anything that will serve as boosting my grade, formatting to questions, key facts etc...?
Your help would be really beneficial and greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your replies, and kind regards.
Aqa government and politics - as level. Watch
- Thread Starter
- 10-03-2016 18:34
- 12-03-2016 15:17
I'm currently doing A2 politics after achieving an A last year, my biggest tips would be;
1. Keep up to date with political knowledge, without a doubt the exam will be relevant to the current political climate; so I would follow the referendum and the current parties as close as you can.
2. Definitions. I can't stress enough how important these are, every question (to a certain extent), will require you to give a definition, so the more you know the more likely you will be able to secure those marks - particularly for 5 mark questions. (I was a big fan of definition flash cards, but that might not work for you)
3. Past papers are your best source of revision.
5 Mark Questions:
3. Explanation (relevance/context etc.)
These questions should be very short as you need your time for the essay question.
10 Mark Questions:
1. Define anything that you consider needs defining, also, look out for the keywords in the question and use them in your response.
2. Paragraph for and one for against - or if not a for/against question make sure you have two solid points.
3. Small conclusion.
25 Mark Questions:
1. Definition again, then an introduction into your argument, making it clear what you will be arguing or explaining.
2. I tend to go for two points supporting each side or 4 strong arguments, that way you're sure to cover all the bases. MAKE SURE YOU REFERENCE YOUR ARGUMENT.
3. Conclusion detailing your argument - even though you should present a balanced argument make sure it's clearly weighted to your opinion and then conclude with that.
Hope this helps,