Turn on thread page Beta

Cambridge students cancel theme party over 'cultural appropriation' fears watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You'd be surprised if they do have them now. You also find such people voicing their opinions on social media. I hear a new story once a week on twitter
    I can assure they still don't exist there. The uni is majority Tory with a hint of UKIP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I can assure they still don't exist there. The uni is majority Tory with a hint of UKIP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even tho I voted conservative in both elections,I probably wouldn't last at Harper Adams uni

ReputationRep:
    Well nothing
    Well, she's German.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even tho I voted conservative in both elections,I probably wouldn't last at Harper Adams uni
    Not a chance. It is the uni that time forgot.
    I was the first Equality Officer they ever had, that says a lot. Ethnically I would say that it is about 95% white. No FemSoc, no LGBT soc, certainly no ISOC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance. It is the uni that time forgot.
    I was the first Equality Officer they ever had, that says a lot. Ethnically I would say that it is about 95% white. No FemSoc, no LGBT soc, certainly no ISOC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never heard of such a uni! None of those societies? So it didn't really cater to it students? Thank god I went to KCL

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of such a uni! None of those societies? So it didn't really cater to it students? Thank god I went to KCL
    It catered to what the students wanted. A student bar and pub. Parties every Wednesday, live acts, cheap alcohol and 4 themed black tie balls a year. Think Young Farmers (you probably haven't heard of them) mixed with students. One of the top ranking universities for student satisfaction and employment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I can't imagine you as an Equality Officer... aren't they meant to be ultra-PC SJWs?
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    It catered to what the students wanted. A student bar and pub. Parties every Wednesday, live acts, cheap alcohol and 4 themed black tie balls a year. Think Young Farmers (you probably haven't heard of them) mixed with students. One of the top ranking universities for student satisfaction and employment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not enough for me,sounds more like a party house than a uni

ReputationRep:
    It caters to the sons of gentlemen farmers and landowners. The type of people that don't play rugby - they play "rugger"

Those types of students really don't give a flying f for LGBT societies.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The good old days when going to the Student Uni was a fun thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    It caters to the sons of gentlemen farmers and landowners. The type of people that don't play rugby - they play "rugger"

Those types of students really don't give a flying f for LGBT societies.
    Farmers are usually not like city dwelling people anyway so they probably wouldn't care about many things we see everyday in our cities.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds excellent. Do they have drag acts and vicars and tarts parties? I love that sort of thing. I bet the rugby society plays the soggy digestive game and drinks their own pi$$ for fun. I know the type!

ReputationRep:
    Farmers are usually not like city dwelling people anyway so they probably wouldn't care about many things we see everyday in our cities.
    They're definitely different. They always talk about the north-south divide but I think the urban-rural divide is much larger; especially when money and "breeding" gets thrown into the mix.

Your rural red-trouser wearing, Barber-coated, 'hee haw Henry" (or Henrieta) has nothing in common with your middle class urbanite. They might as well be from another planet.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds excellent. Do they have drag acts and vicars and tarts parties? I love that sort of thing. I bet the rugby society plays the soggy digestive game and drinks their own pi$$. I know the type!
    The university was recently in the Daily Mail for the Strippers Night. I think that says everything it needs to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The university was recently in the Daily Mail for the Strippers Night. I think that says everything it needs to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's my kind of university.

ReputationRep:
    They care about things that matter, not silly student politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    The good old days when going to the Student Uni was a fun thing to do.
    Exactly, what a uni should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's my kind of university.
    And bizarre drinking habits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They care about things that matter, not silly student politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They care about the price of potash, increasing crop yield, and the start of pheasant season. There's no LGBT society but there's a damned good Hellfire Club! These are the type of people that grew up playing British Bulldog in private schools rather than contributing to Blue Peter's Bring n Buy Sale to help those fuzzy wuzzies in Ethiopia.

ReputationRep:
    And bizarre drinking habits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From a Hunter boot no doubt.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.