Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my uni course and there seems to be so many options and I'm not sure which is best. I want to change from Criminology to Biology and Biochemistry (at only one of the uni's I currently hold offers for- the rest don't offer the course I want and that uni is my first choice anyway) so I can't reuse my personal statement. Am I best directly appealing to that uni and if so, how exactly do I go about that (who do I contact, with what information?), rejecting everything and applying through extra, waiting until clearing (and rejecting everything in the meantime although that could force me to take a gap year which I don't really want)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PastaMonster)
    I want to change my uni course and there seems to be so many options and I'm not sure which is best. I want to change from Criminology to Biology and Biochemistry (at only one of the uni's I currently hold offers for- the rest don't offer the course I want and that uni is my first choice anyway) so I can't reuse my personal statement. Am I best directly appealing to that uni and if so, how exactly do I go about that (who do I contact, with what information?), rejecting everything and applying through extra, waiting until clearing (and rejecting everything in the meantime although that could force me to take a gap year which I don't really want)
    Contact your 1st choice admissions department and ask if they ll consider a change if they say yes they can contact UCAS for you.

ReputationRep:
    in the same position i think....i feel like rushed my uni course choice and feel like i shouldnt have picked psychology as it isnt my best subject and that I find myself thinking alot more about english literature than psychology as I enjoy the fact I can have my own opinion and analyse stories in depth....(So unsure as to whether I actually enjoy psychology since right now for A2 I relaly despise research methods and statistics - i knew this would come up at degree level but im really not a fan) as I find that I'm not as enthused about it as I was when I first applied...really worried as I've already picked my firm and insurance...Honestly my brain feels like it's going to implode...what do you reccomend I do? Everyone expects me to do really well in my A-Levels and I don't want to disappoint my mum/risk her complaining that I'm going to mess up...I don't know...I've looked at UCAS Extra Vaccancies and found that for my insurance the course they offer for english literature is on my target grade whereas for UEA(my firm) they want AAB...so I think changing course but sticking to the same uni is out of question...also if i entered UCAS extra would I have to write up a new PS and risk losing out on accomodation?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    in the same position i think....i feel like rushed my uni course choice and feel like i shouldnt have picked psychology as it isnt my best subject and that I find myself thinking alot more about english literature than psychology as I enjoy the fact I can have my own opinion and analyse stories in depth....(So unsure as to whether I actually enjoy psychology since right now for A2 I relaly despise research methods and statistics - i knew this would come up at degree level but im really not a fan) as I find that I'm not as enthused about it as I was when I first applied...really worried as I've already picked my firm and insurance...Honestly my brain feels like it's going to implode...what do you reccomend I do? Everyone expects me to do really well in my A-Levels and I don't want to disappoint my mum/risk her complaining that I'm going to mess up...I don't know...I've looked at UCAS Extra Vaccancies and found that for my insurance the course they offer for english literature is on my target grade whereas for UEA(my firm) they want AAB...so I think changing course but sticking to the same uni is out of question...also if i entered UCAS extra would I have to write up a new PS and risk losing out on accomodation?
    It is possible to swap firm and insurance with the agreement of both until mid July (although it can take a couple of weeks to arrange).
    Contact both universities and ask if they will reconsider you for English.

If your firm says they can't offer you a place or the offer is higher than you're comfortable with then arrange to swap firm and insurance.

You have firmed your offers very early - this is why we try to encourage applicants to wait until April to firm. Once you have a firm your flexibility to make changes reduces and any changes involve a lot more faff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.