Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I'm doing my AS levels, and exams are getting closer. Results day is on the 18th of August, and I don't know if its just my school... But my school is very harsh with their results day system. My sisters doing A2's at the same school, and last year she got her AS results. She said that her year walked into school, and there was a table of results, segregated into three piles...

Pile one, was a pile of results with a Green mark on it. This means that your AS results were good (very good)

Pile two, was a pile of results with an orange mark. This means your results are satisfactory, but not up to the schools standards and you therefore need to retake a couple of modules.

And pile three... A red mark. This means you havent done well. At all. And you get kicked out of the school, meaning you go to another school, or you go to college.

You also go to one of three rooms, (red orange green room). You basically know you're kicked out before you even open your results.. I find my schools system really cruel to be honest. Especially the whole red room thing. Students also get minimal support, they're just given a list of college courses to do instead, which is also quite harsh in my opinion.

Is this normal? Or is my school just harsh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    christ that is brutal; Do you by any chance go to a private school?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that's savage.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    That's not normal at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3001N)
    christ that is brutal; Do you by any chance go to a private school?
    Nope Just a normal comprehensive school in London

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that is awful

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure your sister isn't just winding you up? This seems very unlikely... Can anyone else at the school in the year above that you know (seperate to your sister) confirm it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    Are you sure your sister isn't just winding you up? This seems very unlikely... Can anyone else at the school in the year above that you know (seperate to your sister) confirm it?
    oh yeah i've asked quite a few people in year 13, they've all told me the same story, where they go in and their results are marked with different colours. Its so cruel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wow..that is horrible and humiliating to the students, a school should not be allowed to get away with that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    And also, my sister was marked with colour too from what i remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    wow..that is horrible and humiliating to the students, a school should not be allowed to get away with that..
    Yeah exactly. Its not fair at all really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, that is such a ****ed up system. You're not comparing grades anymore, you're just checking for a red colour.

Is your school like really tough and just has high expectations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Bloody hell, that is such a ****ed up system. You're not comparing grades anymore, you're just checking for a red colour.

Is your school like really tough and just has high expectations?
    It is Its bad how everyone would know what sort of grades they get/ and if they can stay at the school, before they even open their envelopes. Hm well it is a good school. I think it is one of the best in the borough, but it isn't massively great I don't think? I have heard of another school in the borough that does make their pupils go to another school if they don't do that good... But the whole colour systems just not needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.