Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Erm

I believe that people who refuse treatment for stuff like obesity should have to pay for any future medical costs that occurred directly as a result of their refusal with no support from the NHS

Actively disencouraging people from having more children than they can support (so removing child benefit for 2nd and 3rd children from very poor families, etc)

Encouraging rich people to have more children, through tax credits or longer maternity leave

There should be tuition fees for all universities, even though it would be nice for said unis to discriminate more on price (so that the *****y ex-polys could lower their fees in order to compensate for their students going into lower-paying jobs or not being able to find ones at all)

Allowing post-birth abortion for children with severe diagnosed mental or physical disabilities (I'm not talking Aspergers' here, but rather stuff like microcephaly) with the consent of both parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    I don't really think any of them are redundant; they're all pretty distinct from my point of view.

For example, I don't think having consent between two individuals is mutually inclusive with not ruining others relationships. That's what cheating is.

I can see where you might see an overlap between consent and the legal age limit, but two 14 year olds could consent to sex (its not like it doesn't happen).
    The illegal one implies the top two, since having non-consensual sex is illegal and having sex with those under legal age is illegal.

The consent one implies the under legal age one because people under legal age cannot legally consent.

Also, I think you mean mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahorizon)
    Banning plastic bottled water and people using instead public water fountains and reusable water bottles.
    Plastic water bottles are reusable. Why do you think people buy them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Plastic water bottles are reusable. Why do you think people buy them?
    I mean like Evian bottles? They are not reusable lol. Put them in the sun and chemical will leach into your water. They will bend, change shape and you will probably lose the cap. Are you really trying to say that anyone who ever buys an Evian bottle has bought just that, only once and has been refilling it for the past couple months?

People buy them because it is convenient. It is the main way to get water if you are outside and on the go. But if there were water fountains and glass rubber covered water bottles then it is much better for the environment and will last much much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    The illegal one implies the top two, since having non-consensual sex is illegal and having sex with those under legal age is illegal.

The consent one implies the under legal age one because people under legal age cannot legally consent.

Also, I think you mean mutually exclusive.
    Nah, I meant mutually inclusive, as in I meant you can have consensual sex with another person but this doesn't automatically entail you not ruining a relationship. It's possible for you to have one without the other.

The first thing you stated made total sense but I was trying to avoid shoehorning everything into "illegal" because I wanted to be explicit.

I also wasn't looking at consent in a solely "legal" perspective because underage sex will occur regardless. I guess I'll alter my stance a bit in light of this and say that I'd rather consensual sex (as in both parties agree at the time of it occurring) happen between two parties who are underage but of a similar age themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I find the idea of the trans racial and trans species concepts quite ridiculous. I'm usually very open minded but I seriously don't get this :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Child benefits should not be paid for more than 1 child.
    Traditional ideas such as a nuclear family and waiting till marriage for children to be upheld.
    Welfare benefits to only be paid to those who are genuinely disabled as in no unemployment benefits but instead food stamps and heating vouchers- leaving no space for any luxuries just the basics. .
    Everyone under 60 to be forced to grow some of their own food by being given plots of land.
    Fruits and vegetables to only be sold in season.
    Banning plastic bottled water and people using instead public water fountains and reusable water bottles.
    University not being free at all.
    No music in restaurants.
    Very strict fines for spitting chewing gum out on the street.

I probably have more but its quite late lol
    That is so oddly specific and confusing.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    beyonce is overrated

ReputationRep:
    I mean like Evian bottles? They are not reusable lol. Put them in the sun and chemical will leach into your water.
    They use plastics that don't break down due to sunlight or exposure to water. They tend to have shelf lives of years so do you think they'd use a material that will degrade to give off toxic chemicals in the short term?
    They will bend, change shape and you will probably lose the cap. Are you really trying to say that anyone who ever buys an Evian bottle has bought just that, only once and has been refilling it for the past couple months?
    They do deform a bit but I don't see why this is a problem. You can just push that bit out from the inside to get the shape back. You won't lose the cap if you keep it with the bottle. Probably someone does, I tend to accidentally leave them in lectures etc. after about 6 weeks.
    People buy them because it is convenient. It is the main way to get water if you are outside and on the go. But if there were water fountains and glass rubber covered water bottles then it is much better for the environment and will last much much longer.
    Glass bottles might last longer, depending on how the glass is shielded from damage They will also be more costly individually to produce, both to the consumer and to the environment. Whether they are better or worse in terms of money or the environment depends on how prone you are to break or lose them. Water fountains already exist so I'm not sure what you want to change in that respect.

(Original post by markreed)
    Nah, I meant mutually inclusive, as in I meant you can have consensual sex with another person but this doesn't automatically entail you not ruining a relationship. It's possible for you to have one without the other.
    I didn't see the "not" in your original post, sorry.
    The first thing you stated made total sense but I was trying to avoid shoehorning everything into "illegal" because I wanted to be explicit.

I also wasn't looking at consent in a solely "legal" perspective because underage sex will occur regardless. I guess I'll alter my stance a bit in light of this and say that I'd rather consensual sex (as in both parties agree at the time of it occurring) happen between two parties who are underage but of a similar age themselves.
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    beyonce is overrated
    Love Beyonce but I have to agree.

I asked one of my friends on who they would want to play them in a movie about their life and she said Beyonce. In fact, all my friends said that and I wanted someone completely different and they acted like I just committed a heinous crime. :lol: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The world's debt is unsustainable, and that means it will eventually be defaulted. No qualified economists can explain to me what the world looks like when that happens, and that means the reality is unfathomable. Common citizens from developed nations will struggle for their very survival in a visceral way that they have never experienced. This will occur in our immediate future.

ReputationRep:
    beyonce is overrated
    You're not allowed to say that

http://youtu.be/rGxe83lXgJg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Erm

I believe that people who refuse treatment for stuff like obesity should have to pay for any future medical costs that occurred directly as a result of their refusal with no support from the NHS

Actively disencouraging people from having more children than they can support (so removing child benefit for 2nd and 3rd children from very poor families, etc)

Encouraging rich people to have more children, through tax credits or longer maternity leave

There should be tuition fees for all universities, even though it would be nice for said unis to discriminate more on price (so that the *****y ex-polys could lower their fees in order to compensate for their students going into lower-paying jobs or not being able to find ones at all)

Allowing post-birth abortion for children with severe diagnosed mental or physical disabilities (I'm not talking Aspergers' here, but rather stuff like microcephaly) with the consent of both parents.
    Post birth abortion is just a nice way of saying murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    I find the idea of the trans racial and trans species concepts quite ridiculous. I'm usually very open minded but I seriously don't get this :eek:
    They are all mental illnesses, even trans-sexual is a mental illness.

Think about it logically, were cavemen trans-sexual? No of course not, biologically it's pointless. If someone thinks they are a woman in a man's body and refuses to reproduce then you would just kill them.

It is some ******** our modern society has introduced to try and be more accepting to mentally ill people.

Everyone is very welcome to argue with me

ReputationRep:
    I think that medical science will lead to humanity's extinction.

We're on a planet with finite resources and a population that is now ballooning beyond control thanks to the above. We need the whole world to adopt a 1 or 2 child policy going forward to level out the population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancatpro)
    They are all mental illnesses, even trans-sexual is a mental illness.

Think about it logically, were cavemen trans-sexual? No of course not, biologically it's pointless. If someone thinks they are a woman in a man's body and refuses to reproduce then you would just kill them.

It is some ******** our modern society has introduced to try and be more accepting to mentally ill people.

Everyone is very welcome to argue with me
    People can be whatever they want to be as long as they are not hurting other people. I just don't get the concept and I'm pretty sure I never will but to each their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Just for context... I think abortion needs to be legal. I think partial-birth abortion is disgusting on a personal level, but I am rational enough to understand the legal defense. "Post-Birth abolition" is something I have never even heard suggested before. It's murder legally, ethically, and practically.

ReputationRep:
    beyonce is overrated
    Same with Swift, and Beiber

ReputationRep:
    Feminism does not equal equality, because it neglects where men experience discrimination. Attempts to address the discrimination faced by men is not a branch of feminism, as feminism is the specific advancement of WOMEN'S rights.

We should be considering discrimination faced by both sexes, not just one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theconfusedman)
    I believe there should be a great population cull, where all those with low IQs get killed instantly
    How do you define 'low IQ'? How about everyone under a 150 IQ gets culled, eh? Sound good?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.