(Original post by merrigold)
    how did people find it?
    I think it was okay . . hopefully (:
    How did you find it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxanne18)
    I think it was okay . . hopefully (:
    How did you find it ?
    Coming out of the exam room I was feeling pretty happy but now I'm not so sure did you start your axis from (0,0)?

ReputationRep:
    Coming out of the exam room I was feeling pretty happy but now I'm not so sure did you start your axis from (0,0)?
    I think I'm happy with my values calculated, for g especially its the uncertainties I'm not sure about.
    Yes I did start from (0,0) did you ?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm happy with my values calculated, for g especially its the uncertainties I'm not sure about.
    Yes I did start from (0,0) did you ?
    yes I did, phew! It thought the scales fit exactly, but I met a lot of people who didn't which made me nervous!

ReputationRep:
    yes I did, phew! It thought the scales fit exactly, but I met a lot of people who didn't which made me nervous!
    No I was really surprised at how nice the scales were too, glad it wasn't just me (:
    You ready for the experimental one ?

ReputationRep:
    No I was really surprised at how nice the scales were too, glad it wasn't just me (:
    You ready for the experimental one ?
    hopefully, I find that they are either really horrible or really nice so hopefully it's the latter! But I do feel it'll be ok! How about you?

Also, what did you put down as the units for the gradient and root m? I got a bit paranoid about that too!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I messed up the last 2 questions. I think I calculated k incorrectly but hopefully I should get ecfs!

To anyone who broke the axis, did you find that one of your error bars didnt fit on the graph paper? (because mine did but everyone else's didnt seem to - but then i may have used different scales!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donte)
    Ugh I messed up the last 2 questions. I think I calculated k incorrectly but hopefully I should get ecfs!

To anyone who broke the axis, did you find that one of your error bars didnt fit on the graph paper? (because mine did but everyone else's didnt seem to - but then i may have used different scales!)
    I have some friends who had the same problem, you're not the only one! I'm sure you will not lose that much, they do ecf a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I have some friends who had the same problem, you're not the only one! I'm sure you will not lose that much, they do ecf a lot!
    Thanks! Well at first I was really upset because I'd done so well only to royally f*ck up the last 10 marks, but then I found out its worth 5%, so essentially 5 marks = 1%. So Ive got at least 1-2% Yaay!!

So long as I do well in Tuesday's PH6,PH4 & PH5 I should be okay. Though it was kinda cheeky of the examiner, he usually has the questions in smaller chunks and there was no analysis of the data ie a comment on your graph question

ReputationRep:
    hopefully, I find that they are either really horrible or really nice so hopefully it's the latter! But I do feel it'll be ok! How about you?

Also, what did you put down as the units for the gradient and root m? I got a bit paranoid about that too!
    For root m I didn't know so just put kg, not sure what I put for the gradient if I gave it a unit at all oops :/

I'm not prepared for that at all!! We did a prac today for it, and that was our first!!
    I asked my teacher for data on the previous past papers so that I could practise the questions ( as we wont get to do another prac now) but he just said he can't help me :/ So Im dreading Tuesday !

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaaaay, there's actually a thread on this!

ReputationRep:
    For table sqrt(m) values did everyone remember to multiply by only 2.5% to get absolute uncertainty values (because m^(1/2) means half the percentage uncertainty)?
    Most people I know didn't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    For table sqrt(m) values did everyone remember to multiply by only 2.5% to get absolute uncertainty values (because m^(1/2) means half the percentage uncertainty)?
    Yeah I remembered but yeah, a lot of people I know forgot about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Oh no . . . I didn't ):

ReputationRep:
    In my school we have only done one Experimental task for Tuesdays exam, and we did it yesterday.
    I want to practise the questions so I know what to do, does anyone have some data for the other past papers that I could use to complete the papers please ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.