Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really need someone's help. I have a controlled assessment due for tomorrow and I can't afford to fail it because it will boost up my GCSE grade in science core. Can someone please help me, I do edexcel science and I've always struggled with science

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in both pieces of my science coursework, what exactly do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    I need help with part C. Omg that's so good, if only I was able to get an A* 😭 also Thankyou, I really appreciate your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hambi123)
    I need help with part C. Omg that's so good, if only I was able to get an A* 😭 also Thankyou, I really appreciate your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you explain part C and what is your coursework about? As it could be different to the one I done a few months ago. And its no problem

ReputationRep:
    Equipments;
    Beaker
    Water
    Thermometer
    Fuels (Butanol, propanol, ethanol and methanol)
    Bunsen burner
    Gauze

We basically had to pour 100cm water into the beaker, then we had to take the thermometer and put it into the beaker; we measure the temperature of the water and then put it into the graph that we made; then we take butanol and heat it up and I put the thermometer in the beaker again and wait for the temperature to rise to 30 degrees when that's done we take it out. We repeat this three times, after that is done we have to do propanol ( repeat 3 time) ethanol ( repeat 3 times) and methanol (repeat 3 times)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Equipments;
    Beaker
    Water
    Thermometer
    Fuels (Butanol, propanol, ethanol and methanol)
    Bunsen burner
    Gauze

We basically had to pour 100cm water into the beaker, then we had to take the thermometer and put it into the beaker; we measure the temperature of the water and then put it into the graph that we made; then we take butanol and heat it up and I put the thermometer in the beaker again and wait for the temperature to rise to 30 degrees when that's done we take it out. We repeat this three times, after that is done we have to do propanol ( repeat 3 time) ethanol ( repeat 3 times) and methanol (repeat 3 times)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yes I done this as my core piece of coursework! what was part C asking you to do again?

ReputationRep:
    It was asking me to do the conclusion, to find the difference with my primary and secondary evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was asking me to do the conclusion, to find the difference with my primary and secondary evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm when we done it we had a primary and secondary table and primary and secondary graph and we wrote a paragraph for each explaining about our primary and secondary just what the graphs and the tables showed. Is that what you have to do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what we have to do; I have like 6 hours from now to do it all 😭 but I still have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.