Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We broke up quite a while ago, and I moved on. It was a difficult time, but it happened.

Problem is now, I've started to see her again occasionally (just by coincidence, no planned meetings), and I can't help but feel like it's only her I want to be with. She even confessed to me a couple of weeks ago that she doesn't want to 'just be friends' and misses what we had, so she clearly feels similarly.

Thing is, all my friends detest her for what happened around the breakup (her break of contact and how that left me). Even my family don't like her at all.

She was just such the perfect person for me and I desperately want to get back with her, but I'm just a little afraid that it may end badly - despite the fact that she showed genuine remorse for what happened before, and has clearly matured since then too.

Thoughts? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    You broke up for a reason remember?
    You need to move on and stop seeing her, it'll only end up hurting you more than it did before

ReputationRep:
    i dunno why people break up for!
    if you are in a relationship then try to maintain it rather than just swear at each other and boom breakup
    and then again they ending up falling for their Ex

bump :3

bump?

ReputationRep:
    Your funeral dude. I've always believed that there is no going back.

ReputationRep:
    You need to really think about why you broke up - if those issues are no longer a problem or have changed then go for it.
    You need to be prepared though that in all likelihood it will probably end in heartbreak and you have an upward battle ahead if none of your friends or family like her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We broke up quite a while ago, and I moved on. It was a difficult time, but it happened.

Problem is now, I've started to see her again occasionally (just by coincidence, no planned meetings), and I can't help but feel like it's only her I want to be with. She even confessed to me a couple of weeks ago that she doesn't want to 'just be friends' and misses what we had, so she clearly feels similarly.

Thing is, all my friends detest her for what happened around the breakup (her break of contact and how that left me). Even my family don't like her at all.

She was just such the perfect person for me and I desperately want to get back with her, but I'm just a little afraid that it may end badly - despite the fact that she showed genuine remorse for what happened before, and has clearly matured since then too.

Thanks xx
    It is like reading a book that you already have read. The same ending.

ReputationRep:
    Everything happens for a reason dude, move on and do it stronger.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, even if you did have a horrible ending everyone deserves a second chance, maybe they have realised where they went wrong and want to make a right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks xx
    Hi OP, can you give details on what happened, why did you break up, how long ago maybe?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on why you broke up in the first place.

But imo if something happens once, it is likely to happen again, even with the best will in the world.

ReputationRep:
    You need to choose your heart or your head...

ReputationRep:
    OP you have rose tinted glasses ..
    There are so many nice girls out there who will be right for you if you get your ex out of your head/

I would really suggest taking time out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.