Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I'm doing my AS levels, and exams are getting closer. Results day is on the 18th of August, and I don't know if its just my school... But my school is very harsh with their results day system. My sisters doing A2's at the same school, and last year she got her AS results. She said that her year walked into school, and there was a table of results, segregated into three piles...

Pile one, was a pile of results with a Green mark on it. This means that your AS results were good (very good)

Pile two, was a pile of results with an orange mark. This means your results are satisfactory, but not up to the schools standards and you therefore need to retake a couple of modules.

And pile three... A red mark. This means you havent done well. At all. And you get kicked out of the school, meaning you go to another school, or you go to college.

You also go to one of three rooms, (red orange green room). You basically know you're kicked out before you even open your results.. I find my schools system really cruel to be honest. Especially the whole red room thing. Students also get minimal support, they're just given a list of college courses to do instead, which is also quite harsh in my opinion.

Is this normal? Or is my school just harsh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It does seem harsh giving out spoilers like that. Also not discussing anything and getting kicked out if your grades are low.

At mine we were given our results then if we wanted we could talk to our tutor or subject teacher about the results or our options. If you didn't get a D in a subject then you'd have to have a talk with your teacher and discuss why you got that grade and what you want to do and they decide whether you can do the A2(alongside resitting the AS). They don't kick people out though. Worst case scenario you repeat the year. Module retake discussions would happen later, informally. You just tell your teacher you want to resit a certain module and they enter you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.