Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Microbiology & Biotechnology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At last, an exam I feel I've done well on! Normally I come out of Biology exams with my head in my hands, but not this time! I was able to answer every question, and I finished in an hour! Not sure if that's a good sign, but I feel I've at least gotten the B I want in Biology.

I just hope everyone else found it hard so that the grade boundaries are moved down! It would be so nice to get an A!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Did nobody else take this exam today? Was I the only one?

ReputationRep:
    lol, what kinda worthless subject is microbiology/biotechnology? hehe only messin'. I did mammalian option. I think the most popular two are environment and mammalian. as for genetics, too many biology teachers suck at chemistry so its not as popular.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Microbiology was a bit rubbish. I know how to make cheese, yoghurt and beer though, so it's not all rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it was gr8 wasnt it, both extended qs were a gift, especially the blood glucose 1
    seems a really unpopular option, dunno y tho, gotta b the easiest.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to know I'm not the only person taking Microbiology! It doesn't seem too hard a module really, nothing too challenging! I'm so happy I memorised the names of the yoghurt bacteria! Good ol' Lactobacillus Bulgaricus and Streptococcus Thermophilus!

I couldn't really think of much to say about the Batch fermenter, but I'm sure I put in 7 points. The glucose one was good, but I'm not sure what they really wanted for 8 points. I ran out of things to write on the first half page, and had to ******** for the rest of it! Saying things about why Benedicts tests aren't as good as biosensors...there might be a mark in it!

All in all, not a bad paper at all!

ReputationRep:
    I think i messed up on the yoghurt one cos i didnt label something on the photo ?? annoying, cos i was sat for 20 mins doin ****. im glad i revised sewage yesterday aswell

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.