Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I ultimately want to be a children's nurse. However, I know you can train as an adults nurse then do a conversion course (18months to 2 years) to become a children's nurse, does anyone know if you can do the conversion course while still working and earning?
    Thank you
    Beth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth0409)
    I ultimately want to be a children's nurse. However, I know you can train as an adults nurse then do a conversion course (18months to 2 years) to become a children's nurse, does anyone know if you can do the conversion course while still working and earning?
    Thank you
    Beth
    If you want to be a children's nurse why are you even contemplating doing adults? The conversion courses are few and far between and very hard to get on to due to competition. With the bursaries also being stopped from Aug 2017 NHS courses may change and who knows if conversion courses will still be around.
    They are also full time as you're doing more or less the same degree for a different field in half the time.
    So you could work but it would have to be part time and around the hours of the course.
    Ultimately, do a course that you're going to enjoy. In my opinion it seems silly to do a course that your heart isn't in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.