Turn on thread page Beta

How can I get her to get an abortion? watch

Talk to her about it. Tell her that the reality is, as of now, neither of you could afford to support a child. Maybe discuss the possibility of putting the kid up for adoption if abortion does not happen and you are both still in such dire situations. It would just be much kinder on the kid if they were raised by a family that can afford to support it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debs20153)
    If a women wants to get an abortion the man has no choice because its apparently her body and she can do whatever she wants with it so i believe it should be the man choice on whether he has to use his money on a child he does not want. I'm all for gender equality and this is it.
    He should have taken the necessary precautions to ensure that he wouldn't have a child, then.

It's not like he didn't know what condoms do, but he was careless and didn't keep it on the whole time. As I said, pure negligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Not helpful. Be kind, it costs nothing.
    He needs to hear how dumb he was. He deserves everything that comes his way. His unfortunate to-be baby, however, doesn't deserve to be brought into this world or anywhere in the clutches of this monumental eff-up.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    #notevensorryalittlebit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    Society is wrong. Society is fxcked in so many ways and people don't realise that. Everything is condemned in some way. Gonna move to mars to create an equality based life there. Anyone want to join? But I digress from the issue at hand.

Infertility is the inability to have children, I know that. I'm merely picking up on your point which claims 'infertile mothers can adopt the kids'. Made it gender neutral, since I plan on adopting myself. Despite the fact I'm unsure whether or not I'm fertile, I'd rather adopt. Besides, if my adopted son/daughter is bullied, they have the right to argue 'At least my daddy chose me... Your parents are stuck with you.'
    i suggest them to go for an adoption because infertile parents can have that baby they planning to abort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    So she'll consider an abortion but money is the issue? How does it cost? Can you borrow it? Get it together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She is having cold feet about adoption so I mean realistically the only other option is abortion. And yeah she I guess is considering like I said she's emotional about and doesn't like to talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Untrue. Some can continue with their life without a thought. Millions of children are given up for adootion, it's not fair on them.

Stop repeating that they should have used protection, they didn't they know it can't be changed!

OP make her see sense you'll ruin it's life out of selfishness
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    i am not the only one who is talking about- i have only mentioned this twice maybe... so stop eating me
    okay then kill the unborn babies because of their parents fault! it's a good option to do
    go ahead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamaal17)
    She is having cold feet about adoption so I mean realistically the only other option is abortion. And yeah she I guess is considering like I said she's emotional about and doesn't like to talk about it.
    emotional is a big factor when it comes to abortion- parents can lead towards depression and trauma which is not good...
    please think wisely before taking any step- try to consult to any GP or any close friends and relatives to get some ideas
    but at the last you both have to take decision - it's not YOU or not HER- it's BOTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    morals are personal beliefs

I haven't said she must abort I have said he has the right to try to talk to her and get her to abort not force her to.
    when did i said that he doesn't have the rights to talk to her?
    but forcing her is a no no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rogersuniv)
    He has a right to demand an abortion or to leave. The girl was mistaken too. Stop hounding the poor guy!
    A guy doesn't have a right to demand an abortion. It is her body and therefore her choice. A guy also doesn't have a right to coerce or manipulate a girl into having an abortion through financial manipulation. He has to pay for the child without complaint.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    A guy doesn't have a right to demand an abortion. It is her body and therefore her choice. A guy also doesn't have a right to coerce or manipulate a girl into having an abortion through financial manipulation. He has to pay for the child without complaint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there is literally no point to explain those people who aren't gonna understand - i have been arguing with so many people but they are just keep eating me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Run away lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You reminded me of the film Run fat boy run :rofl:

https://eatwatchrun.files.wordpress....if?w=320&h=240

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    when did i said that he doesn't have the rights to talk to her?
    but forcing her is a no no!
    No one is saying that forcing her is ok.

You were talking about her rights and I simply said he can talk to her and try to convince her.

The way you phrased it came across as if you were implying I was ignoring her rights.

ReputationRep:
    No one is saying that forcing her is ok.

You were talking about her rights and I simply said he can talk to her and try to convince her.

The way you phrased it came across as if you were implying I was ignoring her rights.
    well, i could be the opposite too...
    she can convince him too and get things on the right track...
    but they both need to talk to each other first rather than convincing each other that we should do this, we should do that - it's not gonna help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No he doesn't. It's his body, hos money, his life. No woman has the right to demand compensation unless he/she was raped, nor does a girl have the right to manipulate a guy into paying for a child.

It is your body, and if you think the guy has no rights either, then its entirely your baby too!

ReputationRep:
    well, i could be the opposite too...
    she can convince him too and get things on the right track...
    but they both need to talk to each other first rather than convincing each other that we should do this, we should do that - it's not gonna help
    That is what I am saying they need to talk and both make their positions clear

ReputationRep:
    That is what I am saying they need to talk and both make their positions clear
    okay... so it's all cool we aren't going to eat each other
    it's all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    You really are a vile judgemental cow.
    you just can't make a comment without knowing the reasons behind it!

ReputationRep:
    I've always found it weird how a man doesn't have equal right over an abortion yet is expected equal responsibility over the baby.

ReputationRep:
    you just can't make a comment without knowing the reasons behind it!
    I can make a comment whenever tf i want.
    I don't need to know your reasoning, all I see you doing here is judging and insulting someone in a very serious, life changing situation. Because of your personal beliefs

You're treating a ball of cells better then a living, breathing human. Obviously you're not that concerned about the sanctity of life. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    I've always found it weird how a man doesn't have equal right over an abortion yet is expected equal responsibility over the baby.
    Fianancial/Legal abortions should be a thing tbh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.