Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get her to get an abortion? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    What you need to understand is that whatever road she goes down, there'll be a high chance of at least a little regret.

If she aborts the baby, she could be badly affected. You've said already that she's getting cold feet when it comes to adoption, and that's because she's likely growing attached to thee baby. She will have to live with it for the rest of her life, and if you make her abort it, she will resent you.

But, if she does decide to abort it, then, it's her choice. She needs to weigh up the issues with each option, and her feelings about each and decide the best course of action for her and the baby.

I do believe, that you, too, have a say in what happens, but you've said your piece, and she (hopefully) knows your say in it.
    Um honestly I don't think she cares about me and we don't have any type of relationship. But it's more common sense than anything. I mean that's the agreement we had anyway that adoption was the best alternative. But I just don't want it to wreck my life. I guess I'm going to try to talk to her now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    emotional is a big factor when it comes to abortion- parents can lead towards depression and trauma which is not good...
    please think wisely before taking any step- try to consult to any GP or any close friends and relatives to get some ideas
    but at the last you both have to take decision - it's not YOU or not HER- it's BOTH
    I just want us BOTH to come to a sensible conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    You can't make her have an abortion, Trying to get her to have one just because a baby doesn't suit you, is selfish. As others have pointed out

Why don't you stop thinking about yourself, All I see on your post is "Me,me,me,me"

Why not ask her, What she wants to do. How is she feeling. After all she has the say in this, Its her body her choice.

You can't just have an abortion, And that is that. She has to go through it, Mentally, Emotionally and Physically. Have you even stopped and thought about what that might do to her if she had one?

If she does have the baby, Why don't you grow a pair of balls and step up and be a dad. Instead of trying to take the easy way out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rogersuniv)
    He has a right to demand an abortion or to leave. The girl was mistaken too. Stop hounding the poor guy!
    Only deadbeat dads leave their kids. They're the type of guys who should be infertile, Not the guys who actually want kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    I've always found it weird how a man doesn't have equal right over an abortion yet is expected equal responsibility over the baby.
    Well probably because, The women is the one who has to go through the abortion, Not the man. She is the one who carrys the baby.

And any man who has a child and leaves them, Doesn't even deserve to be a dad or have a kid.

If you don't want kids, Take better precautions, Or better yet, Don't have sex.

ReputationRep:
    It has always seemed wrong to be that a father can't "opt out" of being a father. If a mistake is made and the women doesn't want it but the man does then he's screwed and has to watch his future baby disappear. If the woman wants it and the man doesn't then he has to spend the next 16 years of his life paying money for something he wants nothing to do with.

Yes, the woman has to carry the baby and I'm not saying a man should ever be able to force an abortion or a birth, but I feel he should have the option as to whether or not he wants to be part of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    It has always seemed wrong to be that a father can't "opt out" of being a father. If a mistake is made and the women doesn't want it but the man does then he's screwed and has to watch his future baby disappear. If the woman wants it and the man doesn't then he has to spend the next 16 years of his life paying money for something he wants nothing to do with.

Yes, the woman has to carry the baby and I'm not saying a man should ever be able to force an abortion or a birth, but I feel he should have the option as to whether or not he wants to be part of it.
    But then, the child would be financially disadvantaged because of the actions of his parents. That scenario is utterly unfair on the completely innocent child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    But then, the child would be financially disadvantaged because of the actions of his parents. That scenario is utterly unfair on the completely innocent child.
    And as it stands atm a woman could have no intention of having a child, swear to the guy she'd have an abortion if birth control ever failed, then randomly change her mind and it would be utterly unfair on a completely innocent guy.

Obviously it's a very complicated area, but i don't feel the law as it stands is up to the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiytt)
    He should have taken the necessary precautions to ensure that he wouldn't have a child, then.

It's not like he didn't know what condoms do, but he was careless and didn't keep it on the whole time. As I said, pure negligence.
    So should she there a a number of morning after pills and the like why did she not take the neccesary precaution. Why is it him who has to make sure everythings OK she should take responsibility and if she wants the baby the guy shouldnt have to be affected by the choice. As they are equally at fault for not protecting themselves or preventing a child

ReputationRep:
    So...

Just so I can understand, you have a child on the way with a woman who you cheated on your girlfriend with.

This woman has no homelife, no stability and your child will face the hardest road he could in life and now you're trying to convince this girl you cheated with that she has to give up the child?

That about the size of it?

Before I jump in and say what I think, I want to be absolutely sure I have the situation right.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Fianancial/Legal abortions should be a thing tbh
    (Original post by XOR_)
    I've always found it weird how a man doesn't have equal right over an abortion yet is expected equal responsibility over the baby.
    If a guy doesn't want to be part of the child's life, he can terminate his parental rights. This means he doesn't have to pay child support or care for the child in any way, but it also means he is no longer allowed access to the child, and legally speaking he is no longer considered to be the father of the child.

ReputationRep:
    I would say having an abortion causes lots of trouble for everyone further down the line including guilt needing counselling/therapy, anxiety, regret, overwhelming thoughts of having killed baby etc etc. Look into post traumatic effects of abortion, they are real and out there.

My suggestion is that the baby has been conceived so there is no going back. Have the baby adopted from birth to give it the best chance in life.

Learn from your mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    If a guy doesn't want to be part of the child's life, he can terminate his parental rights. This means he doesn't have to pay child support or care for the child in any way, but it also means he is no longer allowed access to the child, and legally speaking he is no longer considered to be the father of the child.
    I agree with this fully, but I wasn't aware that this is actually how it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    I have to admit I'm not certain on the UK laws, but this certainly isn't true in a lot of the western world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I agree with this fully, but I wasn't aware that this is actually how it works
    I have to admit I'm not certain on the UK laws, but this certainly isn't true in a lot of the western world.
    This is how it works in the UK, but the OP is from Vegas and I don't know how things work over there. If he doesn't want to be involved, though, maybe he could look into whether or not the Nevada has an equivalent or something similar? I'm not really familiar with their laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i suggest them to go for an adoption because infertile parents can have that baby they planning to abort!
    I know what you are saying. I understood from the outset. And your view would be widely supported, by myself included.

(Original post by JohnGreek)
    Run away and disown the child.

Better than ****ing up your future because of an unwanted kid
    Are you ****ing stupid? Leaving the girl with all the problems due to partially his (or completely his) mistake?

I hope you never get a partner. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

He has a right to demand an abortion or to leave. The girl was mistaken too. Stop hounding the poor guy!
    Lol nah he has no "right" to demand an abortion. He's not the one that has to carry the child, risk his health for it and go through child birth.

Please go educate yourself.

No he doesn't. It's his body, hos money, his life. No woman has the right to demand compensation unless he/she was raped, nor does a girl have the right to manipulate a guy into paying for a child.

It is your body, and if you think the guy has no rights either, then its entirely your baby too!
    Oh yeah, who said so? You?

If the guy could stick it in fully knowing the consequences then tough **** it's his child too and he is responsible for it (be it financially or physically).

However, all you butthurt males out there need to understand that women are the ones carrying the baby for nine damn months, risking their health AND going through child birth. Also, they're most probably the ones who will have to look after the child for the rest of their lives.

Of course it's the women's choice if they want to abort or not. They are literally making a decision about what happens to their body. Get over it.

(Original post by XOR_)
    Maybe because the woman carries it inside of her for nine whole months, risks her health and goes though child birth. What are the man's risks due to the baby developing? None.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.