Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get her to get an abortion? Watch

(Original post by jamaal17)
    Um honestly I don't think she cares about me and we don't have any type of relationship. But it's more common sense than anything. I mean that's the agreement we had anyway that adoption was the best alternative. But I just don't want it to wreck my life. I guess I'm going to try to talk to her now.
    Well what about her life? Why do you only care about how this will affect you, not the girl?

You had sex with her, fully knowing the consequences. This is now your responsibility too, deal with it. Even if contraception is used, extra precautions need to be taken (missed pill so condom is needed etc).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So done with people here oh my god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamaal17)
    I'm 17. And I'm in a lot of trouble. I'm not ready to have kids yet. And I don't know how possibly either of us could take care of a kid currently. I wasn't dating her and we weren't in a relationship. I have gf currently. That's I'm on with again. And we both have troubled family lives. My mom I haven't seen her in two years and is on drugs. And my dad was in a correction facility last I heard. And I live with family. And none of it is stable. And I just got into another separate problem. And she is worst off. I didn't know at the time but I heard tha her parents are druggies that live in a motel across town. And neither of us have money for an abortion really... I mean I can get money but that's in part why I'm in trouble which is why I don't want to do it. And she won't tell her family. Or anyone and is basically keeping it a secret. How can I get her to get one? How can we resolve this situation?
    get a genie to grant you three wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you ****ing stupid? Leaving the girl with all the problems due to partially his (or completely his) mistake?

I hope you never get a partner. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.
    get baited kiddo

Also, thanks for your wish.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest mate its upto her if she wants an abortion you cant force her, if she wants to keep let her.

ReputationRep:
    Are you ****ing stupid? Leaving the girl with all the problems due to partially his (or completely his) mistake?

I hope you never get a partner. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.
    How could it possibly be completely his mistake? I'm assuming due to the girl being pregnant she must have to some extent have been involved.

(Original post by Dheorl)
    How could it possibly be completely his mistake? I'm assuming due to the girl being pregnant she must have to some extent have been involved.
    I don't know the complete scenario, hence the brackets. Who knows what it was really like?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the complete scenario, hence the brackets. Who knows what it was really like?
    But why did you even mention it as a possibility?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debs20153)
    So should she there a a number of morning after pills and the like why did she not take the neccesary precaution. Why is it him who has to make sure everythings OK she should take responsibility and if she wants the baby the guy shouldnt have to be affected by the choice. As they are equally at fault for not protecting themselves or preventing a child
    He claims that she was on birth control. If she has doubts about whether she wants to keep it or not, then she's not going to take the morning after pill whilst uncertain. Also, if neither of them expected her to become pregnant, why would she have been convinced in the immediate aftermath to take the morning after pill?

They are equally at fault, but they don't get to play an equal part in decision-making since they don't play an equal part in nurturing a foetus. It's not a matter of whether this should be the case; it is the case, and nothing you can do will change it. That is the risk you accept when you decide to have sexual intercourse.

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't she want an abortion? Does she know how much of an impact on your lives it is going to be? She will probably not get a good education if she goes through with it. It sucks that you can't leave parenthood if you are a male and even if you don't want anything to do with the baby you would have to pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    If you take the pill it doesn't always work if you miss a day, or a few days (obviously) or if you are unwell and have to take antibiotics. just saying for those who didn't know.

But why did you even mention it as a possibility?
    Because it is a possibility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    You can't. And trying to do so is unfair, selfish and completely wrong. You can tell her how you feel and ask her to consider it but at the end of the day, if she wants to have the baby, it's entirely up to her and you need to be there for her. Speak to a professional about your options and maybe consider adoption of you don't feel ready to raise a child.
    This is absolutely correct and strongly agree on this. I would like to tell you that prior doing things which you are not sure of, think that first on a hundred times and not doing it right away. Always consider what will happen moving forward, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Because it is a possibility
    So he had sex with himself, she wasn't involved at all but she got pregnant from it?

So he had sex with himself, she wasn't involved at all but she got pregnant from it?
    Obviously not lol. Who knows if he just couldn't be bothered to wear a condom? Or pressured her into it? Like I said I don't know the scenario lol don't dwell so deep into what I said.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not lol. Who knows if he just couldn't be bothered to wear a condom? Or pressured her into it? Like I said I don't know the scenario lol don't dwell so deep into what I said.
    Then it's still at least partially her fault for not making him or for saying yes when she knew she should have said no. Sorry, but unless he raped her then what you said isn't possible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.