Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm seeing a lot of people on here say that requests to change college are generally shunned and denied by the uni, is that true?

    I'm from a low-income family and I've been allocated to a catered college. I'm not sure I'd be able to afford the ~£7000 cost of the year and would much prefer to go to Josephine Butler where I can cater for myself within my financial means.

    Secondly, is there any financial support for people in my position beyond the £2000 grant towards the cost of accommodation for the year? This is obviously significant and will be very helpful but I'd just like all the help I can get.


    Hey, there isn't any support beyond the £2000 grant which is really bad. If you contact undergraduate admissions and explain that you won't be able to afford catered rent and would like to be non-catered, perhaps there is something that they could do to help https://www.dur.ac.uk/academic.office/ugadmissions/
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.