Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A-level exams are literally a few months away and honestly i am beyond stressed; however the stress is making me quite a hard person to be around.

I am very easily irritated and often lose my temper over very small things, and because of this i have lost many friends. Also because of the pressure of exams i dont really go out much and whereas before i used to be out most days.

There are days where literally everyone and everything will literally p*ss me off so much that i actually just explode with anger and i hate it because i dont want to be this aggressive and aggy person all the time

Through this i have actually lost alot of motivation to revise and this is only making me stress more..

Anyone have any advice on what i can do to help myself

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionarymind)
    A-level exams are literally a few months away and honestly i am beyond stressed; however the stress is making me quite a hard person to be around.

I am very easily irritated and often lose my temper over very small things, and because of this i have lost many friends. Also because of the pressure of exams i dont really go out much and whereas before i used to be out most days.

There are days where literally everyone and everything will literally p*ss me off so much that i actually just explode with anger and i hate it because i dont want to be this aggressive and aggy person all the time

Through this i have actually lost alot of motivation to revise and this is only making me stress more..

Anyone have any advice on what i can do to help myself
    i can understand- it does get pretty stressful near the exams time
    but if you are confident with your revision- no need to be stress
    do some extracurricular activities or do something that releases your anger but in a passive way if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    try meditation for like 10 mins a day or honestly just do something u enjoy everyday for a bit- it will make u feel refreshed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i can understand- it does get pretty stressful near the exams time
    but if you are confident with your revision- no need to be stress
    do some extracurricular activities or do something that releases your anger but in a passive way if that makes sense
    thankyou for replying the thing is i never used to be like this, its all just so weird, i stress about exams and the grades i need but instead of revising for them i sit and wind myself up about things, which then all build up and then ill just explode with anger its honestly so weird. I also have developed a strong passion of hate for most of the people in my year, even though most of them were some of my best friends this time last year. I have tried getting involved in sports teams but alot of people have started thinking im stuck up (i stopped speaking to some people) and i dont think they would want me to play with them -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousfame98)
    try meditation for like 10 mins a day or honestly just do something u enjoy everyday for a bit- it will make u feel refreshed.
    I have tried to just walk and put my headphones in, i feel motivated and refreshed for the evening but then in the morning i will either wake up quite happy or just in a vile mood.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    think of how much time you have in the summers to adjust or solve this problem. people cant have it all, it's either exams or friends now and i say exams! it's only going to be 2 months ish

ReputationRep:
    thankyou for replying the thing is i never used to be like this, its all just so weird, i stress about exams and the grades i need but instead of revising for them i sit and wind myself up about things, which then all build up and then ill just explode with anger its honestly so weird. I also have developed a strong passion of hate for most of the people in my year, even though most of them were some of my best friends this time last year. I have tried getting involved in sports teams but alot of people have started thinking im stuck up (i stopped speaking to some people) and i dont think they would want me to play with them -.-
    i stress about exams and the grades i need but instead of revising for them i sit and wind myself up about things, which then all build up and then ill just explode with anger its honestly so weird.
    I know that happens a lot of the time... but have you made any revision timetable to help you to revise and motivated?
    I also have developed a strong passion of hate for most of the people in my year, even though most of them were some of my best friends this time last year.
    that happened to me too, but I didn't hate them... near my exam times I stopped talking to my friends and being a bit mean to them because I was so stressed out for the exams because I didn't do enough revision and was awake for the whole night to make flashcards and revise for the exam and had only 2 hour sleep which is not RECOMMENDED

I have tried getting involved in sports teams but alot of people have started thinking im stuck up (i stopped speaking to some people) and i dont think they would want me to play with them
    you are thinking a lot of negatives
    don't be too negative and try to interact with people - if you like sports (any particular sports) and do sports and take all of your anger out play sports that are kinda aggressive like badminton ( I LOVE BADMINTON) and i smash on people face
    i know it's mean but in game - it has to be fair
    or play any games or listen to music when you are angry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    I know that happens a lot of the time... but have you made any revision timetable to help you to revise and motivated?

that happened to me too, but I didn't hate them... near my exam times I stopped talking to my friends and being a bit mean to them because I was so stressed out for the exams because I didn't do enough revision and was awake for the whole night to make flashcards and revise for the exam and had only 2 hour sleep which is not RECOMMENDED

you are thinking a lot of negatives
    don't be too negative and try to interact with people - if you like sports (any particular sports) and do sports and take all of your anger out play sports that are kinda aggressive like badminton ( I LOVE BADMINTON) and i smash on people face
    i know it's mean but in game - it has to be fair
    or play any games or listen to music when you are angry
    I tried making a revision timetable (do so every week) but i just get half way through and then get complacent and say oh i will do it tommorow or i will do it later and then its been 2 weeks and its not done. I dont hate them hate them, but i just feel those people are just not really the type of people i want around me, i just want to get away from people from my school and start fresh at university (this adds to the stress because if i dont get the grades im stuck -.-) And oh i like badminton (not very good ) but its so fun i find the noise of the shuttlecocks strangely quite nice, just me?

ReputationRep:
    I tried making a revision timetable (do so every week) but i just get half way through and then get complacent and say oh i will do it tommorow or i will do it later and then its been 2 weeks and its not done. I dont hate them hate them, but i just feel those people are just not really the type of people i want around me, i just want to get away from people from my school and start fresh at university (this adds to the stress because if i dont get the grades im stuck -.-) And oh i like badminton (not very good ) but its so fun i find the noise of the shuttlecocks strangely quite nice, just me?
    so it's procrastination - biggest enem!
    try to break your study sessions - if you do a study session for an hour and have a break for like 30 min, do rather; small study sessions and break e.g. 40 min of study and 20 min of break
    if you finish a particular task - give yourself a treat and watch something - what would i do is- have pieces of paper and write the things you like to do and then fold them and put them in a jar and then as soon as you finish a big task or assignment, pick of them out randomly and make it fun - that way, it will keep you motivated
    plus if you like badminton than join a club and smash on people faces or hit the shuttlecock against the wall

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.