Turn on thread page Beta

Got all my midterms back... could this decrease my grad school chances?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a 4th year undergrad (plan to do 5 years). I got all my midterms back and on 3 of them I did extremely well and way above class average. However, on one of them I did only okay (74) which was actually WAY below class average. I am absolutely devastated because this is the course that would make the biggest difference when applying for grad school (given that the course has the exact same name as the program I will apply to). There will not be an exam in this course... just a bunch of assignments. This midterm was worth 20%. I do well on the quizzes which are worth 25% in total. However, if My final mark in the course is a B and it is below class average, how much will this affect my chances of getting into graduate school?

I am SO mad at myself... I had written another midterm just before that one and had to wake up at 5 that day. By the time I wrote that midterm I was so tired I barely knew where I was :/

ReputationRep:
    When applying for graduate programmes, universities will look at a variety of factors. They'll be interested in your recommendations, research experience (undergrad dissertation for example), and your grades. Often they'll be most interested in your overall result/GPA to get a general sense of how you've coped with university. Individual courses will be looked at, but I doubt it would be enough to have your application thrown out immediately if you have a slightly lower grade in one relevant course, especially if everything else about the application is relatively good.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.