Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tereziscool)
    me too, everyone is saying XX and XY chromosomes, but I think they'll accept them both.

I hope.
    I've always read that the 23rd pair are called the sex chromosomes, so I put that aha. I think they'll probably accept it, can't do anything about it now - just need to do better in the other exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie_x)
    What did you guys put for the 6 mark question in B2? I wrote that there was dead ebola virus in his blood so it acted like a vaccine and memory cells were formed but now I think I'm completely wrong Maybe they just injected memory cells in the man's blood straight into the woman?
    If you are wrong, so am i ahha! I said it was a vaccine too then I talked about white blood cells, antibodies, immunity, white blood cells.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the 6 mark question in B2? I wrote that there was dead ebola virus in his blood so it acted like a vaccine and memory cells were formed but now I think I'm completely wrong Maybe they just injected memory cells in the man's blood straight into the woman?
    I wrote: Ebola caused by micro-organisms, man produced antibodies to fit antigens and kill the virus, recovered, memory cells remained, woman received memory cells

ReputationRep:
    That's what quite a few my friend's did so I think you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    Same! 😄

I put that too (: But did you only put one true? I think i ticked more than one true... crap :/

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wrote about memory cells in his blood and how they'd produce antibodies to fight the virus but honestly either way could be right or wrong. Just depends what they put on the mark scheme!

ReputationRep:
    Are we even supposed to talk about exams after we've had them? I heard a story about someone getting disqualified or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    Can someone start a thread for the chemistry exam on Thursday?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post64880859

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate37)
    Personally I wrote about memory cells in his blood and how they'd produce antibodies to fight the virus but honestly either way could be right or wrong. Just depends what they put on the mark scheme!
    Oh, ok - I feel like OCR were a bit mean on that paper, I spent so much time revising stuff which didn't even come up!! I hope C123 has more actual topics in it

ReputationRep:
    For the B3 6 marker I also said that some neanderthals could have travelled to other places and became isolated so while the original group became extinct they could have evolved into another species - do you guys think that's right?? Also why were the DNA of D and F from more recent organisms I had no idea??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerman77)
    Hey, now you'll know about the Nitrogen and Carbon cycle for the rest of your life! That's the point of the exam? Right? :P

Also the carbon cycle comes up every year, if not in biology then in physics or chemistry.
    I'm never looking at the nitrogen and carbon cycle ever again...ever. I spent AGES preparing for a perfect 6 mark response to those and not even one question was in it. Fml.:yep:

Congratulations OCR. You win again.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone use the spare page on the back of the paper? I used it. For some reason I think the examiner will forget to mark the back :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Did anyone use the spare page on the back of the paper? I used it. For some reason I think the examiner will forget to mark the back :/
    I didn't realise it was there, just wrote the rest of my answer underneath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayl0731)
    For the B3 6 marker I also said that some neanderthals could have travelled to other places and became isolated so while the original group became extinct they could have evolved into another species - do you guys think that's right?? Also why were the DNA of D and F from more recent organisms I had no idea??
    for the DNA question i had literally no idea either, I just wrote a load of random stuff. It made no sense.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    I put that 2 were true I think
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    I put that too (: But did you only put one true? I think i ticked more than one true... crap :/

ReputationRep:
    What were the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princxssema)
    What were the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do u not know? Are you in Y10?

ReputationRep:
    Why we're species D and F more recent species?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveDogg23)
    I didn't realise it was there, just wrote the rest of my answer underneath
    There was no room for me on the B3 one. I write so much on the back there was like a whole new page dedicated for more space, it gave instructions and everything of how to use it. I think it's new

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.