Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate37)
    I think it's because they were so similar to species A, that indicated that they hadn't been separate species for very long as there hadn't been a long time for them to mutate further and have much different genetics through speciation. I don't think I actually wrote that on the exam though haha
    I put that

(Original post by bmgaic)
    I wrote some stuff about ho they were more genetically similar to the DNA of ancestors, and so there weren't many mutations that had occurred as evolution over a long period of time will lead to greater differences. Honestly, idk!
    I put that
    (Original post by JennLousie)
    I think I put 2.8 or whenever it was that the amount of antigens began to fall, but I have no idea if it's right or not
    I put that

ReputationRep:
    That exam was so weirrrrd 🙄🙄😥😥😥 could not have predicted anything about neanderthals and that twins question completely threw me off 😂😂 it wasn't even as if the content was particularly difficult as well

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone have some revison material for the C1 C2 C3 paper on thursday? Would be much appreciated thanks!

ReputationRep:
    would i get 0 marks for talking just about natural selection for the b3 6 marker? i totally blanked on the diseases, environment changes etc aspect of it ://

ReputationRep:
    I only mentioned disease, change in another population and change in environment (temperature) for the last six marker, do you think I could still get five if I explained them well? I was pushed for time so I couldn't write much more, and I pretty much filled the space given??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemayorx)
    would i get 0 marks for talking just about natural selection for the b3 6 marker? i totally blanked on the diseases, environment changes etc aspect of it ://
    I did exactly the same as you, I feel so dumb now

ReputationRep:
    Done the 21st century biology paper today

ReputationRep:
    Well that test was ok, could have gone wayyy better, think I flopped the 2nd 6 marker about the ebola virus- i was like wtf- what did
    you guys write for this question?

Here are some chemistry resources to aid you for the chemistry exam
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx C1- Air Quality.docx (33.9 KB, 140 views)
  2. File Type: docx C2-Material Choices.docx (111.4 KB, 95 views)
  3. File Type: docx C3- Chemicals in our lives.docx (127.3 KB, 88 views)

ReputationRep:
    That paper was so much harder than I thought it was going to be. It's a pain when you focus so much on specific topics and practically none of them come up in the exam.

For the Ebola 6-marker question I just talked about the white blood cells as memory cells releasing the correct antibodies as that's the only real connection I could make between the two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsJoe)
    That paper was so much harder than I thought it was going to be. It's a pain when you focus so much on specific topics and practically none of them come up in the exam.

For the Ebola 6-marker question I just talked about the white blood cells as memory cells releasing the correct antibodies as that's the only real connection I could make between the two?
    Me too I think it's correct, did you talk about immunity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callump1904)
    Everyone's saying about the true and false a but I can't remember the statements for each.
    I put:
    False
    False
    True
    False
    False
    I put that too other people put two true tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLousie)
    I only mentioned disease, change in another population and change in environment (temperature) for the last six marker, do you think I could still get five if I explained them well? I was pushed for time so I couldn't write much more, and I pretty much filled the space given??
    Did you mention predators and/or poachers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveDogg23)
    I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it on the back, I thought I had missed out a 6 marker! :O
    Same!! Guessing its new...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    If you are wrong, so am i ahha! I said it was a vaccine too then I talked about white blood cells, antibodies, immunity, white blood cells.
    Pretty sure you're right. Me and a lot of other people in my year did and we all feel very confident !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    Did you mention predators and/or poachers
    I wrote about how if another population increased then it could lead to extinction due to competition over food and shelter, etc.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Samv00;64882633]Some of the questions were a bit shadey like the one about the twins then I finished without being able to answer the last page and had to bullet point the last 6 marker as i ran out of time😩😩[/QUOTE

I ran out of time too! Glad it wasn't just me haha

ReputationRep:
    After finishing the test I can fairly say it was very easy and don't want to get ahead of myself by being too cocky. I'll just go through what I wrote for all three six markers
    1-TWINS-
    They can all look different due to environmental factors such as health and fitness one may have heart problems ext also they are clones of each other having the same genotype but the apperence changes due to environmental reasons contrary to what I said earlier. However is it fair to test on them because their twins you should at least get their concent. Also there may be horrific side effects leading to effects in their life. Furthermore there is a very small chance one could die due to experiments alough the chance is very minimal.
    2-EBOLA-
    It can be good as the dead cells go inside the immune system and the antibodies fight them also the memory cell remember the antibodies (white blood cells ext) to fight that disease leading to an immunity this same effect is used in vaccines such as Edward jenners smallpox. however they may not have the same blood type leading to damages to her body as the blood will reject his. Furthermore in 3rd world countries they have a lack of protein and a non nougritionla diet leading to a ineffective immune system due to the lack of protein this means the dead cells may cause harm and the vaccine might not work.
    3-EXTINCTION-(I wrote so many bulletin points)
    Their habitat could have been destroyed. Change in food chain. Other species could of been extinct. Too much competition. Natural disasters. Change in environment. Other species mutate. Disease. Infection .lack of protein and no vaccines to infections/diseases. Ext

Anyone got simular

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who mentioned epigenetics for the 6 marker about identical twins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasmine_cannon)
    Pretty sure you're right. Me and a lot of other people in my year did and we all feel very confident !!
    Thank you!! That gives me hope for that question (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.