Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinions on going to Turkey on holiday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my family went to Turkey last year on holiday and had a great time and want to go back again with more of us to a tourist area such as Marmaris/Bodrum in the Summer...do you think it will be safe?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I'd avoid that part of the world for now personally

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    *bump* I would also like to know too

ReputationRep:
    i saw a news article that said sharm el sheikh holidays were cancelled due to the terror threats although im not sure if thats turkey or egypt but i know spain is on high alert for the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i saw a news article that said sharm el sheikh holidays were cancelled due to the terror threats although im not sure if thats turkey or egypt but i know spain is on high alert for the summer
    Thanks,Sharm El Sheikh is in Egypt. Heard about Spain being on a high alert as many Brits go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mckay55)
    Thanks,Sharm El Sheikh is in Egypt. Heard about Spain being on a high alert as many Brits go there
    yea were going in summer :/

ReputationRep:
    yea were going in summer :/
    Spain? I'm sure it will be safe,what part are you going too?

ReputationRep:
    Spain? I'm sure it will be safe,what part are you going too?
    barcelona

ReputationRep:
    barcelona
    Have fun

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't risk it personally

ReputationRep:
    Have fun
    thanks but like the person above, i wouldnt risk turkey

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely go. Turkey is governed by an utter twunt but that doesn't mean I think it's particularly unsafe for tourists.

ReputationRep:
    I was actually planning to go there but my parents talked me out of it because of all the bombings, so I'm going to Dubai instead.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go this summer,still unsure given what going on in the world right now

ReputationRep:
    i am a turkish. i live in a sea side city. sea side cities are safe for tourist. And my job is tourism horse riding trips. look my city Turkey / Fethiye

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowxox)
    Me and my family went to Turkey last year on holiday and had a great time and want to go back again with more of us to a tourist area such as Marmaris/Bodrum in the Summer...do you think it will be safe?
    1) Not really safe, not many places are

2) More importantly, you should not be supporting Turkey with your tourist money

ReputationRep:
    I was there 2 weeks ago and it was fine ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I want to go this summer
    Not happening

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.