Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see anything related to Scotland its either raining or gloomy. It seems as though no one is living there! And the news seem to highlight it by saying theres either one student in one school or no students at all. Is that even true? I wanna know what Scotland is like from the schools to unis (if there are any). And whatever else there is to know really. :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SILVER_INK)
    Every time I see anything related to Scotland its either raining or gloomy. It seems as though no one is living there! And the news seem to highlight it by saying theres either one student in one school or no students at all. Is that even true? I wanna know what Scotland is like from the schools to unis (if there are any). And whatever else there is to know really. :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scotland is just like any other place yes it's cold and yes it can be gloomy but it's also pretty and the culture is awesome. We have three/four levels of education

Nursery: age 4/5
    Primary School: ages 5-11
    Secondary School: ages 11-17/18
    University

But our education is completely free...even university...most of the schools have a uniform

ReputationRep:
    Haha, my school had about 500 students in total lol, it's a fantastic country, it rains a lot but you get used to it and the past couple of days we've seen nothing but sun shine and blues skies the people are friendly and there is actually a lot of history and culture if you look in the right places, I'm form Glasgow by Edniburgh, Oban and St Andrews are also fantastic places
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I've went to Dundee for uni and oh my gosh, I love it here! It doesn't get too cold here (sunniest city in Scotland) and it's so beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotski)
    Scotland is just like any other place yes it's cold and yes it can be gloomy but it's also pretty and the culture is awesome. We have three/four levels of education

Nursery: age 4/5
    Primary School: ages 5-11
    Secondary School: ages 11-17/18
    University

But our education is completely free...even university...most of the schools have a uniform
    Sounds quite nice. And FREE education? How do I enroll??? Lol. I'd love to visit some day. Is there a lot of farming going on over there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds quite nice. And FREE education? How do I enroll??? Lol. I'd love to visit some day. Is there a lot of farming going on over there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some mostly pastoral though and university education is only free for scots/people who have lived there for x amount of years I'm afraid...otherwise your looking at £1000 maybe more per year I think not as bad as England or the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Haha, my school had about 500 students in total lol, it's a fantastic country, it rains a lot but you get used to it and the past couple of days we've seen nothing but sun shine and blues skies the people are friendly and there is actually a lot of history and culture if you look in the right places, I'm form Glasgow by Edniburgh, Oban and St Andrews are also fantastic places
    500 students! BBC need to get their facts straight then lol. Sounds like England with all the rain one minute and then sunshine. Its nice to hear about Scotland from the locals. The Glasgow accent is awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I've went to Dundee for uni and oh my gosh, I love it here! It doesn't get too cold here (sunniest city in Scotland) and it's so beautiful.
    Lol I can imagine. Will definitely have to visit now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty yet very cold and smoky

ReputationRep:
    grassy I bet
    and chavvy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotski)
    Some mostly pastoral though and university education is only free for scots/people who have lived there for x amount of years I'm afraid...otherwise your looking at £1000 maybe more per year I think not as bad as England or the US
    :sigh: Guess it was too good to be true (kidding.) Maybe I can put on a Scottish accent and impress them lol. Ahh you Scottish folks are loyal thats a nice trait to have. So far hearing great things about the place. I might relocate :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No different to the rest of the UK then...

Edinburgh is nice, looks Victorianesque (if you like that, which I do) went to the Royal Mile and many night time ghost tours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: Guess it was too good to be true (kidding.) Maybe I can put on a Scottish accent and impress them lol. Ahh you Scottish folks are loyal thats a nice trait to have. So far hearing great things about the place. I might relocate :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I firmly believe that everyone should visit Scotland atleast once in their lives

ReputationRep:
    rhiifuu

ReputationRep:
    Scotland is terrible. Don't come.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.